Bellicon ???

jennifur

Cathlete
Any Cathletes have a Bellicon rebounder? I am seriously eyeing the 49" rebounder. It is so expensive, but I think I'd get a lot of use out of it for many of the HIIT workouts.My knees just can't take the pounding anymore. I'd hate to have to stop these workouts altogether. I currently have a cheap rebounder that is ok, but the surface is quite small. Since I'm committed and consistent with exercise I don't mind spending $$$ for quality fitness equipment. It would be so helpful to get honest feedback from anyone who has one. Any enablers out there??? Anyone who thinks it isn't worth the ??? Thanks!

Hi Jennifur, I can totally relate to the knee issue. I myself no longer do anything that's high impact on the floor - I use a mini-trampoline. The Bellicon looks really nice but it is very expensive. I use a good quality trampoline (don't know the brand) - I've had it for years and it's still great. I remember I paid something like $150 (avoid those for $49.99!!). Again the Bellicon looks pretty good but I would shop around before you pay that much money for a trampoline. For example, I do higher impact portion of Tabatacise on the trampoline and you still get your heart rate up. You can almost all the higher impact portions of the videos on a trampoline or modify to make it low impact on the floor. I want to save my knees too!!

PS: Don't buy a trampoline that has that weird looking handles on it - it only gets in the way of your workout.

Hope this helps a little. Take care.

I have a JumpSport Fitness Trampoline which was about $200 and I love it. I workout with Cathe in the morning and rebound for about 10-15 minutes at night. You may want to check JumpSport out they have several different models and they are good quality.

I have 2 jumpsport trampolines - these are also bungee rebounders, like the bellicon. I have one at home and one in my office. I try to bounce in the morning before 7 am and in the evening on the one at home (as well as throughout the day on week-ends) and I bounce on the one at work several times a day. I have a chime on my computer that goes off every hour and I try to bounce ~ 10 jumps every hour. This is supposed to be very helpful for the lymphatic system.

The one I have in my office folds in half - but I leave it open because to fold it, you need to unscrew the 6 legs which takes some time. In my head I imagined I could fold it in half to put it away, but instead I just lean it on a side up against the bookshelf and then just put it flat when I want to jump. This one is a little smaller than the one I have at home. Both are great - they are quiet and I can vary the stiffness of the bungees - the fold in half one has 3 settings, and the one at home has 7 different variations.

I do love the Bellicon, but for the price of 1 Bellicon, I got 2 jumpsports. I'm very happy with them.

I have used the inexpensive rebounders, urban rebounder, and finally a bellicon.

The bellicon is amazing in comparison. The bounce is easy on the joints. I have the 44" pink one which gives me a lot more room for doing things like jumping jacks. My balance is better on the larger mat than using a small rebounder. If I could of I would of purchased the 49" one. It feels like your flying when you jump. My heart rate goes up rapidly and my quads really feel the workout. It's so fun.

Rosepetals thanks for your input. I am seriously considering the 49" Bellicon. Of course I am still thinking about it since it is quite an investment. I have a
cheapo rebounder from Walmart that's ok, but my knees still hurt after use. I'm thinking worst case scenario- if my joints still hurt I'm sure I can recoup some of the cost by reselling it.

I have the 44 bellicon. I love it. It is so soft on the joints as I can't do any impact anymore due to knee pain. If I had more space I would of gone with the 49 but the 44 is s great size. Especially for me as I'm only 5'2. I haven't been using it as much in the summer as I do more outside walking and biking but I do try to get on it everyday for a few minutes. Although it was expensive it will last a lifetime. Well worth the investment in my eyes.

I'm reviving this thread because I am interested in purchasing a rebounder for my DH. He is dealing with a herniated disc in his neck and hasn't been able to run (his favorite mode of exercise) in over 2 months. Some of you may recall that he hiked the Appalachian Trail last summer in only 92 days? I think his heavy pack took a toll on him that finally reached the breaking point back in January :( . He is determined to conduct his own physical therapy and go without drugs or surgery. So far, he seems to be getting better a little every day; however, the impact and jarring of running (and my awesome Cathe DVDs) have prevented him from getting the exercise he needs. I think rebounding could offer an alternative for him. I've also been reading about the benefits to the lymph system that rebounding brings and I like that too! I am looking for high quality, durability, and priced under $300. I know there are a lot of "bouncing" Cathletes out there...please give me some of that advice (and enabling) that we all do so well ;) !

I have 2 rebounders - a Cellerciser and a Bellicon 44". I love them both in a little bit different ways. Overall, my favorite is the Bellicon for a few reasons, but I also like some aspects of the Cellerciser a lot more:

The Bellicon is super quiet - like the only noise at all is just your own body weight, the rebounder itself is silent, which is nice.
The Cellerciser advertises as being super quiet, but after not too long, it gets squeaky. I've heard a bit of WD40 or a bit of oil will take the squeaks away, but I haven't gone to the trouble to try that.

The Cellerciser has less bounce, but still feels good - I had a really old trampoline from the 80s and that one actually hurt my knees and back to jump on. Hated it. The Cellerciser is good (for me at least) for really fast movements.
The Bellicon has a lot more bounce and so has a bigger fun factor. I have to be a little more careful of making sure I don't pronate or supinate my feet, though, because of that.

I got the 44" Bellicon model that the legs fold, and then you can "roll" it on its side - very handy.
My Cellerciser is a tri-fold, but I honestly have not even folded it once because a) I haven't had to, and b) I'm pretty sure it might be a two-person job (maybe not), and I have the bar attached, so I'd have to undo that and it would be a big hassle. So the Cellerciser can fold up smaller (and even has a wheeled case for it) than the Bellicon, but I've found the Bellicon super easy to fold/unfold the legs to have it be upright against a wall or out of the way a bit.

The Cellericser is black.
The Bellicon I got in black with sliver mat and silver bungees (because I just couldn't choose), and in the future, I can get another set of bungees in a different color to change up the look.

The Cellerciser came with a few extra springs, but I haven't needed them.
The Bellicon you have to replace the bungees when they wear out. Since I have two rebounders, I don't use the Bellicon exclusively (I would say I use them about half and half or maybe a tiny bit more Cellerciser just because of where it is in my house right now). So that was a drawback, seeing as they were like $75-80 for a new set when I had checked awhile ago. But the good news is I've had my Bellicon for almost 3 years now and I have wear on the bungees, but none have snapped yet (tip - after you see a bit of wear on them, rotate them so they can gradually wear out instead of wearing through just one section of the bungee if that makes sense).

Price is definitely a big difference. I think if you're wanting the largest area and the highest bounce, out of the Cellerciser and the Bellicon, the Bellicon would be the one to get. But I also really do love my Cellerciser - the fun factor isn't quite as high, but somehow I am still really drawn to use it on a daily basis and I do feel more stable on it). So I really think you can't go wrong. If I had to get rid of one of them, I wouldn't know which one to pick.

Hope that helps :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.