Beginning my STS/Cardio journey

Time2Shine

Hello everyone,
I am beginning my journey with Cathe! I am not new to her workouts and I don't think that there is one DVD of hers that I own, that I don't like. I find that her workouts are very challenging and sometimes I can barely complete them, which is why I developed a love for the premixes!;)

I purchased the STS and Shock Cardio eventhough I had read mixed reviews. I feel like at this point in my life (turning 40), with weight struggles and trying to remain committed to fitness, it is the challenge that I need. I want to drop some weight, but I also want to gain strength and endurance.

I love Turbo Jam and Zumba and I will continue to do Zumba on the weekends for the pure fun factor. I will probably add Turbo Jam back in after the 3 1/2 month rotation along with my other Cathe DVD's.

I am excited about this 3 1/2 month rotation, but a little nervous at the same time. I know that I can do this, I just have to do it!

I look forward to this journey and your insight and help along the way.

Time2Shine, I'm only finishing wk 3 of Meso 1, but I've never stuck to a rotation for very long (Except the Slim Series/Beachbody 5-6 yrs ago for 4 wks.) and by this time I've usually switched gears or am ready to make a new rotation. However, this is a series with enough variety that it keeps me interested. I look forward to every workout and am having a ball. I lost 4 lbs and 1.5 inches in my waist by the end of wk 2. I can't wait to see what the end of this meso brings and ultimately the whole 3.5 months!

Good luck!! I hope you enjoy (and I'm sure you will! ;) ) STS/Shock Cardio as much as I do!!!

Robin

I'm currently on my 2nd week of Meso 2, and have enjoyed every minute of the STS Strength rotation. I'm not normally one who follows rotations, but I like having the decision made for me! I originally began with Shock Cardio too, but it ended up being too much.

I can't imagine anyone doing these workouts and not liking them!

Good luck to you! This series (STS) is exciting!

Last edited:
I also don't normally follow rotations, but I did the 3 1/2 month STS rotation last year starting Feb. 16, and had great strength gains. I've just started it again this year, on Feb. 15, and I'd forgotten how much I liked it! It's definitely a journey. Have fun!

Stebby

Thank you all for you input, I am definitely excited to begin my journey. I have brought the needed equipment from my basement, because I workout in my family room in front of my TV, so I thought I would save the time and go ahead and bring it up here.

Looking forward to tomorrow and hoping for awesome results like everyone else.

Today was my first Strength Training workout, OMG! I feel great. Some of those push ups are killers, but I have never been great at push ups, but I didn't quit, I did what I could do and made it through the whole workout.

I've never been a fan of weight lifting workouts and never stuck entirely through a rotation because I would get bored way too easily. I'm now in the 3rd week of Meso 3 and I have to say, STS is so awesome! I have seen significant strength gains and while the # on the scale hasn't gone down much, my clothes definitely fit a lot better. I also find myself actually looking forward to lifting!! It's such a great & fun program!!!!

Meliffy18, Thank you for stopping by. I have to say that I am excited about tomorrow. Today I went to a Zumba class with my daughter and that was great cardio. I think I can do a double on cardio on my cardio days because I want to follow the rotation as written. I like the variety in the weights, but those pushup in the first DVD are a killer.

Looking forward to disk #2 tonight. If it doesn't bother me too bad, I might add on one of the Hiit's workouts. Back and triceps sounds a little scary!:confused: I am feeling the workout a little today from Monday.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Time2shine, how was your second workout? I think the back/triceps workouts are actually the easiest of the 3 splits. But that's just me. :p Push ups, shoulder work and leg work are my most feared workouts. :eek: I did disc 12 legs this morning and I'm pooped! But it's a good pooped. ;) I'm not weighing again till after my rest week. (next week) However, I've definitely lost some inches...I feel smaller every day! I started this meso in size 12/14...I wore some size 8 jeans last night. They are stretchy jeans but I don't care! They are still 8's! (yippee!) This is such a great system.

I love Cathe!!!!:D

Jammin5, Way to go and yes a 8 is a 8, who cares if they are stretch. That's awesome!

I loved STS 2, I think it was just as challenging as 1, I ordered a weighted body bar in place of a barbell, I have never felt comfortable with one of those things. I am still trying to find what a comfortable challenge is. I have some pretty heavy dumbbells for me and I can definitely feel it today.

I did a slight modification to my cardio for today. I have a engagement later.

Thank you for stopping by and keep up the great work!

Legs are still burning from Friday night, but it's a good burn. I have class tonight, so I have to figure out how to get my workout in. I don't want to get off track.

Hanging in there!

Minor setback

I have to postpone my rotation until I can get better and give it 100%. I will continue with a mixture of my other Cathe workouts and receiving coupons just make it even better, I can get the tower at a more affordable price.

I got 1 week into the program and I ended up with a bad cold, crazy congestion and just super tired. I have 3 night classes along with work and I was just drained. I only have 5 more weeks of class and then I will begin my STS rotation in full force.

So I will not quit, nor give up, just a small setback!!

Hey Time2shine,

I went back and read your original post and understand where you are coming from. I only started working out to Cathe last January and didn't start coming onto the site until last summer. I'm a long way from doing STS, as I want to get her other DVD's first. I've read all the reviews about STS and Shock Cardio, but know that all of these will work up a sweat no matter what.

The good thing is that eventhough you had a setback you are still determined to picking up where you left off :)

Ebonynicole, Thank you for stopping by and for your support.

I love Cathe's workouts and I know with dedication to follow a program or rotation you can get great results, just like so many others who have shared their success stories.

I work full time and take 9-12 credits depending on the semester, I am quickly approaching a break where I can jump back into the STS/Shock Cardio 3 1/2 month rotation and go from there. I really want to challenge myself to complete this.

Many of her other workouts that I own are a a challenge and I usually sweat like there is no tomorrow, so I know that she has put a lot into the STS program and it will be good for me.

Keep up the good work, take it one workout at a time!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.