Beginner/Intermediate Check-In 3/26-4/1

khiway

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Today was a rest day for me. I have my schedule planned for the week but will post daily again.

--Kimberly C

"Here's to your health, to every moment, every week and month that you wake up to the privilege of another breath - another chance to get it right!" Oprah

Hi everyone,

This morning I did Karen Voight "Sweat Effect". I can't believe I am jumping off of the floor. I must really like this workout to do that :) I have decided to do this cardio workout at least 2 times weekly and Cathe Step Aerobics 1-2 times weekly. That will get my thighs down!! What a great low impact kickboxing workout!

--Kimberly C

"Here's to your health, to every moment, every week and month that you wake up to the privilege of another breath - another chance to get it right!" Oprah

Good morning!
Hope you all had a great weekend!
yesterday I did Low Max...I was in the mood since it was on Fit TV. I love that workout, but my thighs are still a bit sore today, so I am going to do Low Impact Step with the upper body sculpt in Basic Step.
Have a great week!
Janet

Kimberly, is Sweat Effect a kickboxing workout? I haven't seen KV do kickboxing yet. I saw an article that she is delaying the release of her DVD's in order to re-shoot her infomercial. What a bummer. I don't know when they will be commercially available.
Today I did the kick/punch/abs premix of KPC followed by Gym Style floor legs. It didn't seem nearly as hard doing floor legs this time becuase I hadn't done all those squats and lunges first! I was able to really do the floor legs just like Cathe for the first time without modifications.:)
Tomorrow is yoga day. I was going to swim also but there is a 60% chance of rain so probably not. Then Wednesday maybe Leslie 3 mile plus Gym Styles chest/triceps.
Beth

Beth,

This is Karen Voight New Workouts. I got a copy from a friend whose friend should be in the inferomercial. This is a GREAT workout!!!! I was wondering when the infomercial was coming out. It's 3 DVD's. "Sweat Effect, "Strength Effect" and "Sleek Effect". "Strength Effect is a high energy cardio workout with LOW IMPACT kickboxing moves. Very different I must say and the music is great. There are 3 ladies in the workout plus Karen. You can follow one of the other ladies to keep it very low impact but I usually can just follow Karen with the high moves which I am very surprised. This is how "Sweat Effect" is broken down: Warm up, Twist & Punch, Bob & Weave, Lunge & Lift, Jump & Kick, Butt & Thighs, Abs, Stretch. "Sweat Effect and Strength Effect are both 45 minutes long. I haven't done "Sleek Effect" as of yet which has Pilate moves and Yoga. In "Strength Effect" Karen suggest for this workout 3 to 5 pounds should be light weights and 5 to 10 pounds for heavy weights. She also uses a long blue roller as a gadget in the workouts near the end of "Sweat Effect" for the abs and "Strength Effect". Since I don't have one I just did the workout without it. This is Karen's Best!!!! This is a must have if you love Karen!!!

--Kimberly C

Hi everyone,

This morning I did GS Back & Biceps ony which was 35 minutes. In a few weeks I will attempt the entire workout for about 4-7 weeks. Also I am going to take a "Belly Dancing" class at the YMCA starting on April 10th with a few co-workers of mine. It will be on Monday and Wednesday nights from 7:40pm to 8:40pm. Since I am not a member of the YMCA I have to wait until April 5th to register. Full members and Program members have first choice to the class first. So hopefully there is room for us on April 5th. I see that the YMCA have a lot of classes that I am interested in one being in particular "Bosu". Another one is called "Boxercise". I see the YMCA has really changed over the years.

--Kimberly C

Belly dancing sounds like fun! Let us know how you like it!
I did Body Fusion today, and I added the Abs workout too. Tough time of it today. My thighs feel very fatigued. Tomorrow I am going to probably just do a power walk for cardio. I need a break from the step and weights.
Janet

Oh, you all have been SO good! My version of exercise lately is running around like a crazy lady!!!

I worked out today! YIPPEE! Decided to make it a GOOD one!

Bootcamp warm-up
Imax intervals 1-5
PS Back, Biceps and Legs

Tomorrow is PS Chest, Tri's and Shoulders along with the 2nd half of Imax...

If you ladies don't see me on here, start a thread and LOOK for me (I read the boards, just too embarrassed to pipe up)...

See you all in the morning!!
MJ in MN

The new Karen voight's sound great. I will definitely get the cardio for sure. I now have so many of her yoga and pilates I don't think i need the sleek one. And I like Cathe for weights. Today was just yoga with Kathy Smith. Cleaning house seemed a lot harder today but my back is still doing great so I am happy with my weight training strengthening my back.
I was thinking of doing a total body weights tomorrow. I've been doing splits for a long time. Maybe Power Hour or High Step Challenge.
Beth

Hi everyone,

This morning I did Karen Voight "Sweat Effect". I guess later this week I will to a step workout with Cathe. I wanted so much this morning to sleep in!! Tomorrow will be Gym Style Weights.

--Kimberly C

Today I am doing PushPull.
It's a beautiful day out today, so I am also going to do some roller blading on our newly paved road!
Looking foward to that for sure!
Have a great one!
Janet

Today I did Power Hour and then a 30 minute walk outdoors. I am soooo tired tonight I can't believe it. After doing only split strength workouts with low reps I can't believe how hard it is to do endurance style again! I'm going to try to alternate a cardio day with a total body weight or circuit (wt emphasis type) workout. Tomorrow is Leslie's 5 mile walk and I'm going to try to do the whole thing again!
Beth

I did the whole Leslie 5 mile walk and this time wore my HR monitor. This is one of my higher calorie burn workouts, and with a lot less stress on the knees than stepping. But again, I am feeling really tired all day again. I guess that is a sign of overtraining, so tomorrow I will take it easier.
Beth

Hi everyone,

I took today as a rest day. I will do GS Chest & Triceps tomorrow morning. Beth, I tried to do 6 days but couldn't. I had to take an extra rest day. I feel much better when I do.

--Kimberly C

And part of the problem is that Leslie workout sneaks up on you. It is 65 min long and my average HR was pretty high for me. I need to back off on the intensity or duration.
Beth

I'm feeling really tired today too.Barely made it through Push Pull.
Went skating in the street today..Lots of fun! My 3 boys followed along on their bikes, and I had my daughter in the jogging stroller. Was alot more challenging to skate pushing the stroller. I got a great workout. I was feeling the muscles working in my glutes that I don't usually feel during any of the cardio or weight workouts I have been doing lately. It was like I was working totally different muscles.I also felt my abs tightening alot, which I never really felt before while skating. I think all the core workouts I have been doing have really helped me to "hone in" on the abs during other workouts!
I am going to Hawaii next week so I did some shopping today and was pleasantly surprised at how much better I look in tank tops..much more toned! Now if I could get rid of the belly, I'll really be happy!
Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful out, so I may go skating again, or biking. I feel like my body really needs a nice long stretch, so I am also going to do Stretch Max.
Janet

ps...
also wanted to add... my blood pressure is now in the lower normal range! Before I started working out and dieting, my blood pressure was a bit high and my doctor was going to have me start blood pressure medicine. She said it won't be necessary now since I have lost 16 pounds and cut out all fried food and junk from my diet..my blood pressure is normal! It went from 140/95 down to 117/79
It has been consistently low for the past week and a half now!
Janet

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.