Been coming here for many years.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

double t

Cathlete
...the first 5-6 years I was a very active poster in here. I enjoyed learning about fitness with you all and getting to know everybody as well.
I had a blowout, as some of you veteran Cathe site members may remember, with one person in here in particluar. So, I quit the site and have been coming here occasionally since then to keep up and keep trying to learn new fitness things without participating in the threads.
So, imagine my surprise when I read in here today that I have been accused of one-starring people when I didn't even have an active account until 5 minutes ago during my lunch when I set one up. I'm not even sure I know how to give someone a one star rating. So thanks for that Lauramax.
I admit I was highly ticked at you maybe 4 years ago but that's water under the bridge now. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop dragging my name through the mud in here and accusing me of something that I didn't do. God knows what else you have said about me over the years.
Anyway, I'd like it to stop. This is my first post in here in maybe 4 years, since I quit the site. If you do not believe me then by all means have Cathe's administrator check email accounts for you.
I hate seeing this kind of stuff in here by the way. This place was awesome back in the day. Many of you veterans may remember how great it was. I made many friends in here, and a few enemies I suppose. I miss the people that I had gotten along with and am hoping to reconnect with at least some of them. At the same time, I'd like to not have another knife in my back, especially when it's undeserved.
Lastly, a big HELLO to everyone. I have missed posting and sharing the Cathe experience with you all, that's for sure.
Trevor

Hey Trevor. I feel for you. Really I do, . .because I KNOW exactly what you mean. I was ripped to shreds by someone here too. Acused of mean things, and called really mean things. I was obviously not the only victim. What I wanted to say was that like you and many others I left and refused to post. I couldn't believe how hurt I felt over something someone I don't even know could say to me over cyber space. I felt like I was in high school walking out of the girls bathroom with toilet paper stuck to my foot, . . with all the "popular" kids laughing at me behind my back. Seriously, I'm glad I still checked in because to me it was all about Cathe and her videos and the fitness journey she has inspired in me, . . . AND all the other nice people I've met here who have given me great advice and support. I think that by walking away and not posting we let the meanie greenie, . . . online bully win so I keep coming back.

Honestly I wish that "one star rating" post would just die and go away.

Hoping you'll come back. Trust me I understand that it hurts to be accused of something esp when you did nothing but there are some nice people here that make it worth it to come back.

Hey Janie!
The amazing thing is that I COULDN'T post even if I had wanted to do so--without setting up a new account. I even think I remember seeing where someone said I was kicked out of this site. That's untrue as well. I asked the administrators to kill my account after getting reamed from people in the private messages area. I admittedly made the mistake of responding to those messages and those got twisted around and thrown back in my face as well. THEN, I quit the site.
Anyway, the main thing is I don't like to be accused behind my back of things I didn't do.
I am sorry you had things go awry for you as well. We can be friends "on the fringe" in here then. :)

Hey Trevor! Blast from the past! You probably don't remember me from way back in the day (and I don't post much these days anymore), but I just wanted to say hi. :)

Hey Trevor! Blast from the past! You probably don't remember me from way back in the day (and I don't post much these days anymore), but I just wanted to say hi. :)

Hey materialsgirl! I remember you! I haven't seen you around. I love to sew so your user name really stuck in my head! I have a huge stash of fabric/material in my closet, . .so much fabric so little time. Just thought I'd say "Hi!"

Hi Janie!!! Yeah, I'm not around here much anymore. Trying to stay out of all the drama around here. :p Funny, my username, materialsgirl has nothing to do with fabric, but I can see how it would make a seamstress think of fabric. ;)

Hey Janie!
The amazing thing is that I COULDN'T post even if I had wanted to do so--without setting up a new account. I even think I remember seeing where someone said I was kicked out of this site. That's untrue as well. I asked the administrators to kill my account after getting reamed from people in the private messages area. I admittedly made the mistake of responding to those messages and those got twisted around and thrown back in my face as well. THEN, I quit the site.
Anyway, the main thing is I don't like to be accused behind my back of things I didn't do.
I am sorry you had things go awry for you as well. We can be friends "on the fringe" in here then. :)

I changed my account too. :eek: Changed my user name too, . . so my start date says 2008 when I've been here since 2004. :( Don't quit! Please don't quit. Even though things went south for me too I refuse to give in since I've also met some really great people here too. We can't let one sour apple ruin it for all the good apples. :) Hope to see you again!

has nothing to do with fabric, but I can see how it would make a seamstress think of fabric. ;)

That's cool. Heck I grew up with the 80's Material Girl Madonna mania (if that is the material girl you are referring to). I still remember owning a pair of fingerless lace gloves. :eek: I just might dig them up and do some 80's flash back dancing right now! :)

That's cool. Heck I grew up with the 80's Material Girl Madonna mania (if that is the material girl you are referring to). I still remember owning a pair of fingerless lace gloves. :eek: I just might dig them up and do some 80's flash back dancing right now! :)

LOL! No, it's not about Madonna either, although it's kind of a play on that. :p I'm a materials engineer by degree, thus "materialsgirl". It's incredibly geeky, I know. ;)

...the first 5-6 years I was a very active poster in here. I enjoyed learning about fitness with you all and getting to know everybody as well.
I had a blowout, as some of you veteran Cathe site members may remember, with one person in here in particluar. So, I quit the site and have been coming here occasionally since then to keep up and keep trying to learn new fitness things without participating in the threads.
So, imagine my surprise when I read in here today that I have been accused of one-starring people when I didn't even have an active account until 5 minutes ago during my lunch when I set one up. I'm not even sure I know how to give someone a one star rating. So thanks for that Lauramax.
I admit I was highly ticked at you maybe 4 years ago but that's water under the bridge now. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop dragging my name through the mud in here and accusing me of something that I didn't do. God knows what else you have said about me over the years.
Anyway, I'd like it to stop. This is my first post in here in maybe 4 years, since I quit the site. If you do not believe me then by all means have Cathe's administrator check email accounts for you.
I hate seeing this kind of stuff in here by the way. This place was awesome back in the day. Many of you veterans may remember how great it was. I made many friends in here, and a few enemies I suppose. I miss the people that I had gotten along with and am hoping to reconnect with at least some of them. At the same time, I'd like to not have another knife in my back, especially when it's undeserved.
Lastly, a big HELLO to everyone. I have missed posting and sharing the Cathe experience with you all, that's for sure.
Trevor

You are quite welcome. :) The very fact you claim you had to create a new account b/c your former account had been disabled w/the new system tells me an awful lot about your veracity, considering all usernames transferred over with the new system. ;)

Well that never crossed my mind to be honest. My former account was not disabled with the new system. I didn't say that in my post. My account was disabled long ago before the new system I believe. Like I said, I haven't posted in here in years. Believe what you want to believe, but I did not pass out bad ratings in here but you called me out by name anyway.
I'm not going to start the arguing up with you again Laura. Either take my word for it or don't. I cannot control that. I'm sure you can check with Cathe's administrators if you really think I'd lie about something like that.
Have a nice day. :)

Laura---the only thing you have to do if you want to accuse a person of something is show the proof. That's all I am saying. If you want to accuse me of something in front of the people in here then you need to prove me wrong when I say I didn't do it.
You and I had a major blowout years ago and you seem to think that I am still so peeved at you that I'd waste my day giving out bad ratings to you? That amazes me.
Anyway, it looks like we'll just keep our distance in here. I'm not quitting the site this time.
Have a wonderful evening. :)

Laura---the only thing you have to do if you want to accuse a person of something is show the proof. That's all I am saying. If you want to accuse me of something in front of the people in here then you need to prove me wrong when I say I didn't do it.
You and I had a major blowout years ago and you seem to think that I am still so peeved at you that I'd waste my day giving out bad ratings to you? That amazes me.
Anyway, it looks like we'll just keep our distance in here. I'm not quitting the site this time.
Have a wonderful evening. :)

I don't have to prove anything to you. You have a wonderful evening too. :)

I don't have to prove anything to you. You have a wonderful evening too. :)

You did accuse him of one-staring you and implied he is cyber stalking you. If you owe anyone an explanation, it's the people you accused of stalking.

Laura, Liann is right. It could be anyone who is one-staring threads. For all you know every person you've ever met since childhood is voting one star to everything even remotely related to you. The only people who know for sure are the one star bandits and possibly admin for the forum. Anything else is rumor and conjecture.

I would be very cautious about trusting Trevor. I don't know if he is cyberstalking Laura or not, but I do know that he posted at VF and pretended that he was a woman until he was caught. I am suspicious of other things, but won't accuse him because I'm not absolutely sure.

Erica

Erica, I'm not even going to address that nonsense other than to say that the garbage with Laura and a few of her backers carried over to VF.
I think I'd be very cautious of people who throw accusations out there on a whim.

Erica, I'm not even going to address that nonsense other than to say that the garbage with Laura and a few of her backers carried over to VF.
I think I'd be very cautious of people who throw accusations out there on a whim.

It's not nonsense, Trevor, it's the truth and you know it. I contacted Wendy at VF when I suspected that you were posting there as a woman and she told me that she and the moderators were already aware of what you were doing. Laura did not carry the garbage over there - you did. In fact, you were the one that went over to VF (posing as a woman) to complain about what was going on in the Cathe forums when you and Laura would argue. As I wrote earlier, there are other things I'm suspicious of, too, but am not 100% sure of so I will not say anything else.

The interesting thing is that you posted at VF to complain about Laura calling you out on this forum that you were Trevor (a man) and not whoever you were pretending to be. So, I guess you were posting on both forums as a woman.

Erica

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.