Been coming here for many years.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe what you want to believe Erica. People can make up their own minds. Anyone who wants to reconnect with me, will do so. Anyone who doesn't, won't. I've had a few friends in here connect back with me since yesterday and that makes coming back worthwhile to me.
I'm not going to be dragged into more over the top nonsense like last time. If you want to talk fitness, fine. Otherwise, you and I will also keep our distance.

Believe what you want to believe Erica. People can make up their own minds. Anyone who wants to reconnect with me, will do so. Anyone who doesn't, won't. I've had a few friends in here connect back with me since yesterday and that makes coming back worthwhile to me.
I'm not going to be dragged into more over the top nonsense like last time. If you want to talk fitness, fine. Otherwise, you and I will also keep our distance.

That's right, Trevor. People can make up their own minds and I wanted to make sure that forum members who weren't around when all of this "nonsense" occurred were aware of your actions when deciding whether or not to trust you.

Erica

It's not nonsense, Trevor, it's the truth and you know it. I contacted Wendy at VF when I suspected that you were posting there as a woman and she told me that she and the moderators were already aware of what you were doing. Laura did not carry the garbage over there - you did. In fact, you were the one that went over to VF (posing as a woman) to complain about what was going on in the Cathe forums when you and Laura would argue. As I wrote earlier, there are other things I'm suspicious of, too, but am not 100% sure of so I will not say anything else.

The interesting thing is that you posted at VF to complain about Laura calling you out on this forum that you were Trevor (a man) and not whoever you were pretending to be. So, I guess you were posting on both forums as a woman.

Erica

I have to second that. Trevor behaved very oddly towards me when I first joined the forums. I won't go into detail, suffice to say it was pretty creepy.

I wasn't even aware he went elsewhere to whine about me. What an ego boost! I must be one powerful woman to have such an effect on people! LOL!

I think it's kind of funny how you showed up right when Laura called you out on the other thread. If you haven't been on here in years, how did you all of sudden see that thread?

I think it's kind of funny how you showed up right when Laura called you out on the other thread. If you haven't been on here in years, how did you all of sudden see that thread?

I wondered the same thing. I also remember him from a few years back so I did a quick search on his name on these forums. Interesting.

Um, I think I stated, maybe not clear enough for some, that I still came here infrequently to read posts and get ideas for workouts. I did not have an account until yesterday and that was to defend myself from Laura's outrageousness. Like I said, ask the administrator.
And Laura, you say I behaved oddly towards you? Well, yeah, that was after you attacked the hell out of me. And you apparently have accused me of stalking you? Well, if THAT isn't ego then I don't know what is to be honest. You play the victim really well, though, I will give you that.
Like I stated, don't respond to me or pay attention to me if you think I am so weird or whatever.
This is amazing to me.

Um, I think I stated, maybe not clear enough for some, that I still came here infrequently to read posts and get ideas for workouts. I did not have an account until yesterday and that was to defend myself from Laura's outrageousness. Like I said, ask the administrator.
And Laura, you say I behaved oddly towards you? Well, yeah, that was after you attacked the hell out of me. And you apparently have accused me of stalking you? Well, if THAT isn't ego then I don't know what is to be honest. You play the victim really well, though, I will give you that.
Like I stated, don't respond to me or pay attention to me if you think I am so weird or whatever.
This is amazing to me.

LMAO! I attacked the hell out of you? I whooped your butt in an argument about the Civil War, Trevor. Hate to break it to you, but winning a debate is not an attack. ;)

Your odd behavior occurred long before that fun debate. Nice try though. I think you might just play the victim even better than I do! :p Poor, poor Trevor. Gets called out for cyberstalking and then cries about it. I feel so very bad for you. But hey, maybe you should take your own advice and ignore me if you think I'm so egocentric or whatever? :D

So, still think the Civil War was about states rights? What should we debate next? Perhaps that the Holocaust was a myth?

Let it go Laura. You hardly whipped my butt in that argument. But then again, since I disagreed with you, maybe I was just being a "psuedo-intellectual."
The only thing I regret from that argument is letting you get under my skin. Not gonna happen again.
If my behavior was odd, then I wonder what would describe yours?

Oh I most certainly did, & I enjoyed the heck out of it! I got under your skin b/c you knew I was right, & boy oh boy did that get to you! I don't consider you a pseudo intellectual Trevor. I consider you an ANTI intellectual. LOL!

Huh. So now it's an argument instead of an "outrageous attack." Yep, you're a real credible guy for sure. :rolleyes:

Why don't YOU let it go Trevor? HMMMMMMMMMM? See, you keep giving me directives that you don't follow yourself. Hypocritical much? Or perhaps you just can't help yourself. Maybe the big bad man can't handle a woman making a complete & utter fool of you? (not that you need my help, you seem to do A-OK on your own :D)

...the first 5-6 years I was a very active poster in here. I enjoyed learning about fitness with you all and getting to know everybody as well.

This place was awesome back in the day. Many of you veterans may remember how great it was.

Lastly, a big HELLO to everyone. I have missed posting and sharing the Cathe experience with you all, that's for sure.
Trevor

Trevor, this is interesting since you used your account at VF to bash this forum and its members.

Erica

Yep, I did bash this forum, specifically some of the members. I wasn't the only one, as I am sure you know. The place is NOT of the quality that it was back in the 1999-2000 time frame and I said so. It's a free country.
Laura, this is my last comment to you in this "never gonna end" thread: Regarding our little civil war argument, if you go and do some research you will see that states rights was a major issue. So for me to argue that it WAS the major issue....well, that's the way I saw it...and see it....to this day. It's an open debate in many historians minds.
Next, for you to call me an anti-intellectual, well, you know nothing about me. If you did know me, I think you'd see that my intelligence is at least average and I'd say above average. I've accomplished enough in my life to know that I am hardly anti-intellectual. I get the feeling you are labeling me as such simply because I have a different viewpoint on a subject matter that is wide open for debate. Plus I even backed up what I said with references.Your stance seems anti-intellectual to me.
Now, let's end this thread, ok? I am sure it's boring the hell out of everybody in here. I'm sorry that me re-joining the site has put a crimp in your day, but I have no plans on leaving. I've made 6 new friends in these few days, they are good people, I am enjoying the chat. I am staying. EOS.

Yep, I did bash this forum, specifically some of the members. I wasn't the only one, as I am sure you know. The place is NOT of the quality that it was back in the 1999-2000 time frame and I said so. It's a free country.
Laura, this is my last comment to you in this "never gonna end" thread: Regarding our little civil war argument, if you go and do some research you will see that states rights was a major issue. So for me to argue that it WAS the major issue....well, that's the way I saw it...and see it....to this day. It's an open debate in many historians minds.
Next, for you to call me an anti-intellectual, well, you know nothing about me. If you did know me, I think you'd see that my intelligence is at least average and I'd say above average. I've accomplished enough in my life to know that I am hardly anti-intellectual. I get the feeling you are labeling me as such simply because I have a different viewpoint on a subject matter that is wide open for debate. Plus I even backed up what I said with references.Your stance seems anti-intellectual to me.
Now, let's end this thread, ok? I am sure it's boring the hell out of everybody in here. I'm sorry that me re-joining the site has put a crimp in your day, but I have no plans on leaving. I've made 6 new friends in these few days, they are good people, I am enjoying the chat. I am staying. EOS.

Gosh I wish I could find that thread! However, allow me to summarize my argument. The Civil War was about slavery. If it hadn't been for the threat to end slavery, the Civil War never would have happened. The states rights argument was a schill. The states rights argument died after the Civil War, and did not become an issue again until 1954. Recongize the significance of that date, Mr. Intellectual? HMMMMM? And in that thread you posted a slew of links that supposedly justified your argument, but not a one of those links was a source from the dates betw. 1865 & 1954. So you essentially proved my point, and good heavens did it made you angry! :D

It is not an issue historians are still debating. I have a masters in American history from one of the top schools in the US, which happens to be located in the south. My profs were southern. My advisor went to Chapel Hill. All agreed the Civil War was about slavery, & the states rights argument was pure BS.

But hey, who needs a PhD in history when we can just learn from you? LOL!

Yep, I did bash this forum, specifically some of the members.

I'm glad you are willing to admit that you did post at VF as someone other than yourself and used that account, at times, to insult this forum and its members. Hope you continue to enjoy being back here and making new friends. :)

Erica

And congrats on your 6 new friends. We'll see if those friendships last once they see your true colors. Shall we take a look back at the emails I received from forum members when our little debate happened?

Subject: High Five!
Message: I hope you don't mind me sending you a message, but I just wanted to send you a cyber high five for not letting Trevor intimidate you.

I just wanted to write to you to extend my sympathies and support for you on Cathe's forums.

I have noticed recently that whenever you state an opinion, Trevor rushes in to contradict you and soon thereafter heap vitriolic upon you.

He always targets the same type of woman for his bile. A few months ago it was me, now it is you. The simple reason is that we both are strong women, highly intelligent, and we do not take truck from arseholes who come on the forums merely to toot their own horn and massage their egos while destroying any woman who threatens his supposed phallic supremacy.

Trevor is a woman hater, quite simply. Earlier this year he was exposed on the forums as having sent private emails to women from the forums like us, who refused to bow down to his self-professed superior wisdom on fitness topics. In his emails he was vicious, he performed some of the most vile, misogynistic hate speech I have ever had the misfortune to read or hear.

I have learned that in the face of such personal and misogynistic attacks from Trevor, I am never abashed, I never consider myself to be in the wrong, as I see that you do not, I refuse to be cowed down by the bastard, I continue to state my forthright opinions and have every right to do so: after all, he still does!! I state my piece and move on. I rarely go back to a thread to read his responses to me. In fact, I have reached the point where I know exactly how to push his buttons and I can predict every time when he will come after me. And he still does! has he learned nothing yet? I never read his responses to me: it is enough to see that he has responded to know exactly what the tenor of his response to me will have been. I have read enough of his vile, self-important postings to be able to accurately predict. His basic tenet is: he is never in the wrong, no-one knows more about fitness than he, no-one is allowed to dare to challenge him, least not a mere woman. !

And when he cannot prove his opinions to be weightier than a woman's, he resorts to jeering, name caling and pathetic hate speech simply because he does not have intellectual ammo sufficiently strong enough to combat our arguments. His quick slide into calling you "peanut gallery" proves my case.

The man is sad and pathetic.

#2:

I support you completely. Your posts are sound, well founded, and you have the weight of evidence on your side. It is my opinion also that the Civil war was every inch about slavery. It is only women-hating, (edited for language)-hating whities like him, so full of hate for others that they are blinded by it, who try to cover up the truths of history with white wash.

Stand tall and true, and never cower before Trevor. Remind yourself: the guy's pathetic and you are worth at least ten of him.

#3:
I don't usually PM people, but as someone who has also gotten into "debates" with Trevor (my part was debate, but his was mindless rant), I just wanted to commend you on sticking to your guns.

From my experience and observation, he can't deal with any intelligent argument from anyone. When he starts losing an argument, he'll start name-calling or make some other demeaning reference, i.e. peanut gallery. He called me "thick".

He’s an idiot. BTW – I loved your response about the dictionary. I almost spit coffee on my keyboard when I read that.

I'm not re-opening this argument. Do the research.
I have a degree in biology/biochemistry. You have a degree in History. Someone else has a degree in whatever....all it proves is that we made it through a curriculum by doing the required work. Having a degree does not make someone the absolute all powerful authority on something.
Let's now see if you can allow someone to have the last word in a thread. Like I said, it's a boring thread. Let it go.

Erica, I was a member when I bashed this forum. Thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth.
Laura, before I left I had a cornucopia of PMs about you too. Too bad I never kept them. I did start a new collection yesterday though.

I'm not re-opening this argument. Do the research.
I have a degree in biology/biochemistry. You have a degree in History. Someone else has a degree in whatever....all it proves is that we made it through a curriculum by doing the required work. Having a degree does not make someone the absolute all powerful authority on something.
Let's now see if you can allow someone to have the last word in a thread. Like I said, it's a boring thread. Let it go.

But Trevor, I thought you weren't going to respond to me again! LMAO!

I've done the research. Which I believe my post above demonstrates. That's what college was all about. :) Perhaps having a degree doesn't make someone the "absolute all powerful authority on something," however I should think someone with 2 degrees in American history might perhaps know a bit more about it than someone with an (alleged) degree in biology. :D

Let's now see if YOU can allow someone to have the last word in a thread. Goodness gracious, for someone who's so intellectual, you're evidently unaware of the definition of "hypocrite." :p

Erica, I was a member when I bashed this forum. Thanks for attempting to put words in my mouth.
Laura, before I left I had a cornucopia of PMs about you too. Too bad I never kept them. I did start a new collection yesterday though.

Suuuuuuuuure you did, Trevor. Sorry, but your credibility has been completely destroyed. From your past and present behavior. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.