Basic Step

cheval

Cathlete
I have some of Cathe's step workouts. I really enjoy doing them. I am considering getting Basic Step. Am I going to be bored with it?

I am an advanced stepper and I like the Cardio Hits workouts as well as Low Max and Step Blast. I'm thinking the Basic workout would be good for a low key workout and/or when I don't have enough time to do a 70 minute workout. Anybody else think that? On the other hand, I don't want to be bored out of my mind. 35 minutes of a boring workout seems much harder to me than a 70 minute fast-paced workout. I can hardly imagine Cathe boring, though!

Thanks for opinions.

A few months ago I was new to Cathe but not to step. I had taken step classes at a gym a few years ago. I tried basic step and found it too easy. I think Low Impact Step might be better for you if you're looking for a shorter, less intense workout but one that is not boring step wise. The Classics might be a good choice too. I prefer The Classics to LIS. Preview them all first and see what you think.

I hope this helps :)

Thanks, that does help. I'd forgotten about LIS. I'll check that one out. I have The Classics, but don't really like them. There's one I like. I forget which one because I just don't do them enough. But the others are too linear as a whole and bore me. I like sections from each one, though. Wish I could program my DVD player to only play the segments I like and then remember the program when I put the DVD back in!

Thanks.

I was also bored with it after about 2 weeks and I was just starting with Cathe. As soon as I tried Step Heat, I never went back to it. I'm thinking about putting it on Ebay, but they're not going for much. Use that $ to get a different Cathe!
I also got bored with LIS very quickly. It's a good workout. I guess I just didn't like it as much as the others. Could you try the premixes on Step Blast for an "easier" day? Or the Cardio and Weights/Imax 2 has a premix of just the C&W step segments--great fun, great music, quick and not quite as intense as some of the others!;)

Thanks for the thoughts. Might be better off getting the Imax2 and C&W dvd. I do like the 41 minute step only premix on Step Blast. Saw the Basic Step workout on ebay for only $10 so thought I might try it. After the posts, I'm thinking I'm too advanced for it. Might be good for my sis-in-law, though, as an intro to stepping and to Cathe?

April

Yes, Basic Step is an excellent first step workout. It does more of the gym-type moves like around the worlds and things. It's the first beginner workout that wasn't all face-forward, up-up-down-down. Your SIL would love it!

Well, I'll get to see for myself. I picked up 5 Cathe DVDs in an eBay auction just now. One of them is Basic Step and Body Fusion. So I'll try it and if it's too easy/boring for me (which I'm pretty convinced it will be), I'll pass it on to my sis-in-law.

A couple of the others are Imax 3 and Rhythmic Step + Interval Max + Maxium Intensity Cardio. And Timesaver. I can't wait until they arrive! ;-)

My DH thinks I'm a little nuts, but totally supports my working out at home. Much cheaper than the gym as I only buy a dvd or two a year. This is a big influx to my Cathe collection! LOL. See what happens when one spends time on the Cathe forums! LOL.

Still got my eye on C&W and Imax 2, though.

To some degree, you can proram in the parts you like. The classics is one that the chapters and titles are listed. I'm going to play around w/ it some time and see how it works.

So I got my pack of DVDs over the weekend. I did Basic Step on Monday after another 1 hour workout. It actually wasn't too bad, but might be after I've done it awhile. I used it like a long cool down from my other workout. I was somewhat tired already, so the Basic-ness was a relief.

I'm going to loan it to my sis-in-law if she shows any interest. She wanted to know how I lost 15 pounds. She's pregnant right now and interested in losing the weight after the kid comes. So I told her CATHE step workouts! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.