Bare minerals

i got this a week ago and love it. it works so much better than liquid makeup. and my breakouts have stopped completely. it feels super light and you can't tell your wearing anything

Time for my rant...(we've had this topic before)...

I hate Bare Minerals! I bought it in January and by March, I had wrinkles under my eyes that weren't there in January. I have a friend that had been away for those months, and when he returned he asked what was wrong with my eyes because they looked swollen.

I immediately stopped using BM and have been moisturizing the heck out of my eyes with eye cream ever since.

It seriously aged my eyes 5 years.

I do like the eye shadow and the True cheek color. Except it's pretty sparkly, which annoys me. I won't be repurchasing when that's gone.

I agree, the minerals will set in your wrinkles (totally opposite of what they advertise). That said, I do not use it around my eyes and love it. I do use Bisque to cover some darkness, but apply it directly to the dark area only. I don't buff the minerals in right beside my eyes, between my nose and directly under my eyes. This works great for me and still looks better than the liquids I have tried lately.

It makes the pores on your nose look like craters ;(
Sorry, too drying, not a fan-live in the desert so there is no way this stuff works for my skin type!

I tried it in the store and didn't like it for my skin (50 yr. old skin :) ) But my 18 yr old DD bought it, and after using it for a while decided she wouldn't buy it again. Nothing REALLY negative, but that it wasn't worth the cost.

I have to agree with the "nay-sayers" here.. made me look 10 years older, pores stood out like never before.. and I tried it all kinds of ways.. really wanted it to work like it does in the info-mercial!

Deb x(

These products did not work for me either, but my problem was that I started getting breakouts. It never looked natural on me either. I guess I could never find a match for me (light was too dark, fair was too light, fairly light looked too shiny). I still use the eyeshadows and liner shadows once in awhile and on rare ocasions I use clear radiance and blush (in Beauty). I've had many accidents where I spilled an eyeshadow on my purse and ruined the lining inside and one day I dropped an eyeshadow and it ruined my new bed sheets and my carpet. Horror stories I tell ya! x( I think BE is where it is because of the hype. I don't believe that the so called mineral make-ups can improve the appeareance of your skin. Now I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer instead of foundation and when I want a little more coverage I use a cream to powder foundation.

If you do a search here for this, you'll find even more responses. I took the suggestions here and checked out Everyday Minerals. You can order free samples from their website - I'm still using the samples after 3-4 weeks! I like them a lot, but you do have to make sure you get the right color or else you can tell you're wearing makeup. I'll definitely buy the Everyday Minerals ... until them I'm eaking out as much free stuff as I can!

I've actually tried it twice( glutton for punishment!) I like how easy it is to use, but I seem to be allergic especially when it's hot outside. My skin will burn and tingle and I get tiny little bumps everywhere( especially under my nose and my upper lip) I don't think that it's worth the cost I switched back to my cheap old covergirl foundation in the compact....works much better.:)

>I agree, the minerals will set in your wrinkles (totally
>opposite of what they advertise). That said, I do not use it
>around my eyes and love it. I do use Bisque to cover some
>darkness, but apply it directly to the dark area only. I
>don't buff the minerals in right beside my eyes, between my
>nose and directly under my eyes. This works great for me and
>still looks better than the liquids I have tried lately.

ITA. It didn't give me more wrinkles, but it totally accentuated them under the eyes. So I just don't use it in those areas. Otherwise I love the stuff!!

Catherine http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=14665913&uid=7769645&members=1

http://69.89.25.157/~extremf4/forums/images/smilies/chinup.gif

>If you do a search here for this, you'll find even more
>responses. I took the suggestions here and checked out
>Everyday Minerals. You can order free samples from their
>website - I'm still using the samples after 3-4 weeks! I like
>them a lot, but you do have to make sure you get the right
>color or else you can tell you're wearing makeup. I'll
>definitely buy the Everyday Minerals ... until them I'm eaking
>out as much free stuff as I can!
I use Everyday minerals also. It is a pain to figure out your color/formula that works best, but the options are actually quite fantastic and they are very generous with the free kits. I know that some have complained about paying for shipping and being limited in how many free kits you can purchase at once, but overall, I'm very happy with the product and the customer service. There are different formulas to choose from based on you skin type.

Angela:7

I guess I'll be the one to say I love Bare Minerals. I tried Everyday and Jlynne, but did not get as good coverage. I would recommend trying them, though, because they are less expensive and might work great for you - and as stated, you can get samples. I would like to order some more Bare Minerals (in addition to the basics), but it's so darn confusing to figure out what I should get!

I didn't like Bare Minerals that much - like others have said, it settles into pores and fine lines and makes them look worse. I buy mineral makeup from Aromaleigh - it doesn't contain the ingredient that Bare Minerals has that causes it to settle into your pores - so it has a much softer, even appearance. I like it a lot better than Bare Minerals, and way better than any liquid makeup I've ever used.

I use Bare minerals foundation, but only after moisturizing and NEVER EVER use it under my eyes. I also use a cosmetic sponge to blend it in more for the pores on my nose. I get so many compliments about my skin. I do feel my skin has improved since using it. I don't get any breakouts anymore like I used to. I use a wonderful moisture rich concealer by Lancome for under my eyes.

Emily - You said you use Aromaleigh? I've never heard of that but just looked at their website. I've been using Bare Minerals for a couple of years (mainly just the foundation) and like it pretty well. However, you said it doesn't settle into the pores. Do you have any other info on this (price, how long you've used it, etc)? Thanks,

Kim

Kim I use Aromaleigh as well. I still have some Bare Minerals but like the Aromaleigh better. I have been using it for 7 months now. You can get free shipping on samples from Aromaleigh and they have an excellent selection of shades. They have weekly specials so sometimes you can get it at a discount as well. Price is much less than Bare Minerals.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Thanks for the info. I'll check more into the Aromaleigh. Your pictures are great too. How did you get those results???

Hi Karen,

I really like some of Bare Minerals and some I don't care for.

I like:

The brow powder

The powder concealer

The Eyeliner that you mix with their liquid -- lasts for hours

The Well Rested Eyeshadow

Their lipsticks that come with the liner, lipstick and gloss

The Makeup Brushes are very high quality.

The other products I don't really care for.

For my budget, they are expensive

Then tend to be messy (the powder flies everywhere when I tap the brush).

Hey WD!

Gosh, I looked at your photo -- what a body!

You look awesome! Not too thin, just perfect. You have the body I want to try to have!

Care to share any tips! How tall are you, by the way!

I wish I were that pretty and buff!

I bet you fool a lot of people when you tell them your age and the number of children and grandchildren you have.

What an inspiration!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.