Bare Minerals - love it!!

I use Everyday Minerals and I love it but I just ordered the Bare Minerals powder sunscreen. I now realize the lotion sunscreen I use was causing my makeup to slid off. I'm hoping I like it.

Well, I am REALLY in the minority here :confused: I find that it dries my skin out too much...I´m 53 and don´t need that! I´ve been using the Olay/CoverGirl stuff with the swirls and like that!

Maybe I should give BM another try? I had a makeover with BM at Sephora several years ago and I looked like I was severely jaundiced. I didn't think the Sephora make-up person was very good, but then, how could she be when she worked with so many different products? Does BM have it's own stores with it's own make-up artists? I must admit, I don't understand the appeal of Sephora.

ETA: Lala just reminded me that BM made my skin drier too! I'm also 53 with very dry skin.

Last edited:
Bare Minerals is very drying and will show off wrinkles. It's a decent option for teen skin, but it's really messy.

Thanks for all the input about BM (yes, I wrote BM too! :p)

Ulta is running a sale on it and I was considering giving it a try but I can't afford to have anything dry my skin any more than it already is nor do I need my wrinkles accented (not that anyone does lol)

I think I'll pass!

Another BE girl here. i have been using the makeup for about 7 years and love it. Other brands don't seem to give me the coverage I need. Melissa.... the only mall close to me with Bare Escentuals is 50 miles away and the Sephora store is right next store to bare Escentuals store!! I only go there about every 4 months because the damage to my wallet is extensive.

Has anybody noticed a change in BE lipstick formulation? EveryBE lipstick I have bought in the past year just doesn't seem as smooth and creamy as in the past.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.