Barbells?

FourAM

Cathlete
Me again
Can you tell that I love this forum.!
OK
I have most everything I need in my home for working out. But the bain of my existence is my barbell. I have the olympic bar which is 45lb. so it is kind of hard to really go up much. Or the variety of different reps. But my other barbell takes the little whole weights ( i am not sure what these are called:eek:) but I hate it because you have to screw on the guard and when you are trying to change weights it si impossible to do this fast and I like sticking with the time in the dvd's so I am looking for a barbell that takes the olympic size weights but does not weigh 45 lb. Does this exist and if so where can I find it?

Olympic barbell

Hi,

I have several barbells that use olympic weights. i have barbells that weight 15 lbs, 25 lbs, 35 lbs and 45 lbs. I also have an e-z bar olympic barbell. I purchased them at different times from The Sports Authority, Modells and the Gym Source. I believe that Walmarts also carries them.

Regina

Me again
OK
I have most everything I need in my home for working out. But the bain of my existence is my barbell. I have the olympic bar which is 45lb. so it is kind of hard to really go up much. Or the variety of different reps. But my other barbell takes the little whole weights ( i am not sure what these are called:eek:) but I hate it because you have to screw on the guard and when you are trying to change weights it si impossible to do this fast and I like sticking with the time in the dvd's so I am looking for a barbell that takes the olympic size weights but does not weigh 45 lb. Does this exist and if so where can I find it?

Me again
OK

Maybe you just need different collars... like spring clips? they enable you to change weights quickly.

I have just started working out using the videos and have everything I need except barbells. I have no idea what to get. Is there some "set" that I can purchase that will have all the weights I will likely need? Also, what size bar should I get? I am 5'3"

Thanks.

I got my barbell set from Wal-Mart for 19.99 it came with about 100 pounds of weight as well.

I did try different collars but could not find any that fit this particular bar.It is one of those oddball bars. It even came with weird weight increments like 3lb which I thought was odd. But I do like the idea of having a barbell that starts at 15 for high reps.

My barbell weigh 15 lbs and came with 100 lbs of plates. I believe I got it at MC Sports for $50. It is the screw kind, and those began to annoy me and sometimes make metal splinters that are painful to remove from fingers and feet. So I bought a pair of 1 inch spring clips for $3 and problem solved!!

Nan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.