back of the thigh help

runfree

Cathlete
my legs look half way decent for 42 yr old and when I am just standing not too bad but I got a glimpse of the back of them in my mirror when I was running and yikes, ripples, yuck!!! what can I do and why does it only look that bad with certain movement? I workout so hard and still have cottage cheese, it disgusts me and makes me feel nasty. It is genetically hereditary in my family,even some of the men in my family have cellulite in their thighs. If I work my legs too much they get bulky in the quad area and I dont want that either. what to do? I notice it in my inner thighs too.

Last edited:
First of all, quit thinking of yourself as "nasty" and "disgusting."

Then realize that nobody is perfect and NOBODY looks exactly like the pictures we are exposed to every day (not even the models themselves).

Do not compare yourself with anybody because you are NOT that person: You are You. Accept it and love yourself. Life is too short to worry about something as petty as cellulite, which is nothing more than stored fat.

Then realize that nobody is perfect and NOBODY looks exactly like the pictures we are exposed to every day (not even the models themselves).

Do not compare yourself with anybody because you are NOT that person: You are You. Accept it and love yourself. Life is too short to worry about something as petty as cellulite, which is nothing more than stored fat.

WELL SAID!!!!

love yourself no matter what

I can relate to wanting a better-looking backside. Mix up the workouts - cardio and weights, Butts/Gutts and Turbo Barre are nice focus DVDs, eat right (lean protein, healthful fats, good carbs).
And love yourself - be fit and healthy:D

runfree said:
my legs look half way decent for 42 yr old and when I am just standing not too bad but I got a glimpse of the back of them in my mirror when I was running and yikes, ripples, yuck!!! what can I do and why does it only look that bad with certain movement? I workout so hard and still have cottage cheese, it disgusts me and makes me feel nasty. It is genetically hereditary in my family,even some of the men in my family have cellulite in their thighs. If I work my legs too much they get bulky in the quad area and I dont want that either. what to do? I notice it in my inner thighs too.

Maybe i shld try brazil butt lift, has anyone had good results with that program?

Diet, diet, diet, diet....I hate to say it over and over, but it is the truth. The old saying is true- we are what we eat.
Cut processed food out of your diet, stick to single ingredient food(protein, fruit, nuts, healthy oil, and load up on vegetables), minimize processed food to 10-20% of your diet and your body will let go of the extra fat.

I can relate to wanting a better-looking backside. Mix up the workouts - cardio and weights, Butts/Gutts and Turbo Barre are nice focus DVDs, eat right (lean protein, healthful fats, good carbs).
And love yourself - be fit and healthy:D

Wonderfully said! I agree 100% with this statement :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.