Back acne

beccajanern

Cathlete
Anyone have any idea why I might be getting horrible back acne? I typically do not break out, but since I changed my diet (low carb, low fat, high protein), it has been AWFUL! I am loosely following BFL for women, I have cut out chocolate almost completely. My dairy consumption has gone up quite a bit as I am always looking for good protein sources. Maybe that's it? Or is it just the fact that I am sweating quite a bit more than I have been used to? I am almost 35 and my back looks like I am a 15 year old boy on steroids!

Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

My vote is for the sweating thing. If you are working out/sweating more than you used to, the first place it shows up on me anyway, is my back. If you can try to shower asap after working out, that really helps, and make sure you give it a good scrub.

I am a big believer in diet affecting what you eat, so it could be that, but I suspect it is the sweat.

Some people blame dairy occasionally and although I am very sensitive food wise, I do not find that dairy makes me break out more. Breakfast cereal (highly processed), sweets, and potato chips affect me horribly. Essential fatty acids, almonds, blueberries, etc, help a lot. But I will still break out on my back if I dont get a shower soon after a tough cardio session.

HTH
Jen

I haven't changed my diet, but since I have been working out more, I also noticed that I am getting terrible back acne. I shower immediately after working out, but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated!!

It could also be your body just cleansing itself of impurities.

If you've cleaned up your diet that much, there's a lot of toxins that are working themselves out of your system. It may be showing up on your skin for now, and will balance itself out.

I use a shower scrub thing I got at Bath and Body works - it is a long, narrow piece of fabric that scrubs nicely, and I have a bar of Neutrogena Acne soap - it is an orange clear color - the box is orange and white. I lather the scrub thing up and scrub all parts of my back/neck/shoulders and then hit my chest for good measure. My hormones go wacky if I go off the pill and I will break out - this helps so much, and even though I am on the pill again, I keep using it b/c the sweat does make my back sort of oily I guess, and this really does the trick. Good luck - we don't do all of this work to stay covered up, but I know that is exactly what you want to do. Tank top season is here (at least in Texas!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.