Baby Shower Game/Prize Ideas????

kblover

Cathlete
Hey all,

My sis, sis-in-law, and I are all throwing a shower for my other sis-in-law. It is her first baby and the theme is winnie-the-pooh. We have the decorations, food, and location...we are just missing games and prizes.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. The shower is on May 16th, so I have a little time.

Oh! about the prizes...we have approximately 50 people coming, so I need prizes and some little gift that not cheap and cheezy, but not really expensive either (limited budget, you know...lol). I know this makes it more of a challenge, but that is why I came to all of you.

We obviously love the challenge or we wouldn't being doing Cathe's DVDs! haha!

Thanks!!!

CC

Let's be straight and to the point.

When people receive prizes at a shower, those prizes are not intended to be kept by the winner. The winner feels an obligation to leave the gift with the person having the baby.

So buy what she wants! :cool:

Baby Shower Game/Prize Ideas???

Not everyone expects a gift when playing games at showers. It is just a small way to say thank you to your guest for coming to your Baby Shower.

Playing games are fun at showers. They break the ice when you have a lot of people who don't know each other. You don't have to play a lot of games. Just a few games are enough. You could play Baby Shower Gift Bingo. (Just give everyone a blank bingo sheet and have them fill in what they think the little mother will get when she opens her presents for the baby. As she opens the presents up the people cross off their card. The person with the first Bingo wins.) There are so many other games to play at a Baby Showers. Why don't you go to the Library and look up books on Baby Shower games.

As for gifts that you give your guest? You don't have to spend a lot of money on the gifts. Just have a few winners for each game. Chances are you are going to have people there of all ages. So ideas for winners could be a plant, lotion, writing pens, the same things you would give at a bridal shower. Make the gifts small and cheap.

Cathy

Some fun ones I have played...
Baby Gift bingo.
A Nursery Rhyme quiz (Mamma got a book with all the nursery rhymes after we were done)
Lay out an array of small baby items (comb, brush, diaper pin, lotion). Let everyone look for 3 - 5 minutes, then cover it up and let everyone remember what was there. Mamma gets all items when the game is over.

Slightly more embarrassing:
Have everyone cut a piece of yarn the length that they believe will fit around Mamma's belly perfectly. Let Mamma cut a piece of yarn the correct length and then compare lengths to everyone else.
Select 2 - 3 people who are blindfolded and are given a taste of different baby foods. The person to identify the most correctly wins.

Prizes for winners should be small. Lotion, stationary, decorative pens, nice candles.

HTH!

my fave -

blind fold mama-to-be and have her tate test/guess flavors of baby food!

fyi - the mac n cheese is guaranteed to make her gag!!!!:D:D:D

Don't forget about the melted candy bar in the diaper game!!! It is guaranteed to have the party laughing and gagging at the same time :D:D

Nice chocolate bars, candles, maybe a movie gift certificate or coffee card are nice gifts. I think!

Let's be straight and to the point.

When people receive prizes at a shower, those prizes are not intended to be kept by the winner. The winner feels an obligation to leave the gift with the person having the baby.

So buy what she wants! :cool:

Really? I've never hear of the guests having to give their door prizes to the person having the baby? :confused: My sister would have ended up with about 20 little Bath and Body works lotions sets that way.

another game

The best game I ever played at a shower was a quick matching quiz of typical baby items and how much they cost. It was really eye-opening for everyone there, especially the mom-to-be (her first baby), and it was fun.

As for prizes, at the shower I threw, the prizes were specially decorated cupcakes (instead of a cake, the dessert for everyone was cupcakes, so winners got a cupcake with some glitter or a little marzipan butterfly on it -- nothing expensive at all).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.