Baby-Boomer Series

pussycat

Cathlete
How about a whole series geared to revving up over 40 metabolisms? Something to help fight the ever suprising weight gain and burn up the sneaky fat layer? ;)

OUCH!!!!

Of course they do! Unfortunately at 48 I'm beginning to experience a slower metabolism and weight gain even though I'm using all of Cathe's workouts and clean eating. Are you over 40? ;)

Susan-
I think I understand what you mean... Cathe teaches a silver fox or something class at her gym... NOT that we are there by any means... But I do understand what you are asking for....perhaps because I'm 44 and need less cardio- more strength.... less plyos - more deep low impact moves. Hard to describe what it would look like isnt it?

Maybe we want is more a long term "program" / Generic rotation type thing geared to our over 40 needs ... Then we can use the fitness guide to plug in our workout.... Oh heck I just keep making it more confusing!;-)

That's a great idea!! Actually, it's perfect! :) Do you think we should ask Cathe for a rotation? Or has someone already asked and I'm just missing it? I don't want to offend anyone else! :-(

Btw, I like your picture--which one is you?

Susan...lol
I think out of the thousands of people on this forum you can pretty much bet that SOMEONE will "be offended" by something.... :D
Maybe do an ASK Cathe question to her and see if she has any thoughts. I have rotations from 2003 and dont see any that are worded to address this kind of thing. At least we'd get Cathes thoughts. Good idea:7

>I do understand what you are asking
>for....perhaps because I'm 44 and need less cardio- more
>strength.... less plyos - more deep low impact moves. Hard to
>describe what it would look like isnt it?

And more balance training, perhaps more functional fitness. (Definitely fewer tuck jumps and high, high impact moves). Actually, the newest batch of workouts have some that work quite well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.