Awesome visual!! Fat vs. Muscle

pjlippert

Cathlete
A friend of mine posted this on FB. REALLY drives home the importance of training with weights!!

1lb of fat vs. 1lb of muscle!

Darn thing didn't attach- try again!

Let's try this again!

Attachments

• Fat vs. Muscle.jpg
    Fat vs. Muscle.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 182
For the past year in a half I have really made an effort to use heavy weights and build more muscle. I wear a size 6 jeans and it amazes me that I am at the weight I am and fit into a 6. A couple of years ago I was wearing an 8 or a 10 at this weight. I think I am going to print this picture out and keep it on my fridge for continued motivation!

Thanks for the visual and the reminder NOT to judge my progress with the number on the scale alone!! Actually just today my sister in law came to visit, I hadnt seen her in a few months and in that time she started working out. She has lost 12 inches overall and looks so tiny!! I asked her how much weight she has lost and she said NONE!! Great inspiration!!

I ditched the scale almost 1 year ago, and it was the best thing I ever did! I am now focusing on building muscle, muscle, muscle. I look and feel the best I have ever been in my entire life, and I owe it all to the wonderful magic of weight-training.

Great motivational post Pam!

Last edited:
Thanks for the visual and the reminder NOT to judge my progress with the number on the scale alone!! Actually just today my sister in law came to visit, I hadnt seen her in a few months and in that time she started working out. She has lost 12 inches overall and looks so tiny!! I asked her how much weight she has lost and she said NONE!! Great inspiration!!

I'll never forget when I saw this one lady I hadn't seen in a few years and she was like "Wow! You look great!". She guesstimated I had lost 20 lbs but due to the magic of muscle it was actually only 8lbs! At first I thought "dang...did I look 20 lbs overweight before?" :confused: LOL I'm finally learning to just take compliments with positivity! ;)

For the past year in a half I have really made an effort to use heavy weights and build more muscle. I wear a size 6 jeans and it amazes me that I am at the weight I am and fit into a 6. A couple of years ago I was wearing an 8 or a 10 at this weight. I think I am going to print this picture out and keep it on my fridge for continued motivation!

I'm in the same boat! Size 6 but at the same weight I was when I wore size 10. It's amazing how much physical space a pound of fat takes up compared with a pound of fat! When I began the 90 day rotation, I had dreams of dropping ten or so pounds, but the scale hasn't budged. My muscle definition is like nothing I could have ever dreamed about before. XTrain is truly amazing!!

WOW!! What wuper inspiring stories! I too have been a slave to the scale for most of my adult life. It wasn't until I started needing to buy smaller and smaller jeans that I stopped letting the "number" rule my attitude.

But isn't it a false conclusion? Just because you have a pound of muscle, the pound of fat will go away? Even though the muscle clearly takes up less space, the fat you have doesn't shrink in size or get pulled in closer to the body just because you gained a pound of muscle. You are still left with a pound of fat covering your hard-won muscle. Unless of course, the fat was burned off as you gained the muscle.

It is possible to build muscle, I would think, and not lose fat. You can gain muscle and still look fat/chubby/overweight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.