Australia Calling

mendlmt

Hi everyone,

I'm a huge fan of Cathe's and have many of her cardio DVD's.

I would like to start including strength training to my workouts. I currently do cardio 5 times per week which includes either a step workout or running outside. I also do ab work (using Cathe's abs DVD) around 3 times per week.

Can anybody recommend some good weights workout DVD's? At this stage I only have a pair of 2kg hand weights (as you can tell I'm a beginner) but hope to purchase heavier weights as my strength develops.

Thank you for your help
Regards
Lisa

Here are my suggestions from a different thread

Lisa:
Below is a post I gave on a different thread on this page. Last week I did the Slow & Heavy videos -- and I found them fairly straightforward, in the sense that the routines are uncomplicated, but demanding. I am a "re-beginner" coming back into an exercize regimen, so I just lightened up on the weights. Eventually you may want to try buying more dumbells, perhaps from a used sports equipment store.
David

My earlier post:
Most comments on the STS forum suggest starting with Cathe's earlier strength tapes first -- then go start the STS program. All of Cathe's strength tapes can be found here:
http://shop.cathe.com/category_s/57.htm

I made it through STS Mesocycle #1, but found the next cycle too tough for me. So I went back to the earlier DVDs, and are still doing these.

My favourite strength DVD's are the "full body" ones:
1. Maximum Intensity Strength
2. Power Hour

Some posters suggest the following to prepare for STS:
3. Slow and Heavy
4. Pyramid Upper and Lower Body
5. Pure Strength (some say that this is more of an intermediate DVD -- but it is still tough!)

One idea is to go to www.collagevideo.com and view the 3-5 minute previews to see what they are like. But of course I recommend buying the DVDs directly from Cathe!!!

I use other strength tapes (Coffey-Meyer, Bento) but Cathe's DVDs are my favourites by far.
-- David

Cheers David.

I've just purchased the Maximum Intensity Strength/Power Hour/Body Max DVD.

Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it.

Take care
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.