August Check In ~*~ Holiday Weekend The 29th - 31st ~*~

Chris: Glad you survived. We all give up a thumbs up to skip a workout..

Finished up today's workout..I did the 631/2 minute drill mix cardio premix..That was tough doing each twice!!

Hi All! Chris, what a night! Yes, sleep problems are no fun, and my big problem is falling asleep after waking up, so I don't know how you do it every night! My hats off to you, and yes, indeed woman, you deserve a rest day today! Yesterday I meant to comment on your tired coment. Did anyone follow a thread about some people trying to do an STS-like rotation? Vrinda was doing it, and she had a really good wrap-up at the end. The one thing she said is that she was so so hungry all the time during at least the third mesocycle (maybe the 2nd too, I can't remember). I'm wondering if we're all a little extra tired from Cathe's rotation this month. I realized I don't really have that excuse, because I had a really light week at the beginning of the month when I was on vacation, but Chris, that might be your issue.

Kathy, the FBC vest is not machine washable -- basically, you can spot clean it, I think. I'd save those gift cards and buy the one Vilma did. I'm tempted.

I did ccpp this morning -- it was tough for me after being tired and having had a glass of red wine last night. But, I did it -- no extra challenge for me though!!

Have a great Saturday.....

-Beth

OMG....Kathy! 63 Minutes of drills!??
Just_Cuz_13.gif

Thanks for the ok to take a rest day! Thanks to you too, Beth! I appreciate it, from you hardcore rotation-ers!

Beth: I definitely got hungrier on the day I did extra cardio. But , yeah, maybe this months workouts are kicking in. What mesocycle would you say this rotation was similar too?

I'm seriously considering the vest that Vilma ordered too! But this month is crazy with bills (3 birthdays , new tires on my Durango, birthday party, vacation bills). So I might have to wait on it a bit. I like the idea of adjustable weights, though, AND it being wash-able!

Beth...
13.gif
on your cardio coach today!!! I jsut couldn't muster it up today!

Hi everyone Looks like you all had great workouts and a nice rest day.

Yippie Chris survived the sleep over with smelly boys.:p

Vilma I will have to check out that website of 100 pu.

Kathy I did the Drill max workout on Thursday. I thought it was a good workout.

Today I took my ds to hockey practice and I was going to go for a run but one of the other mom's wanted to go for a walk so I walked instead. We only walked for 40 min so when I got home I called my neighbor and asked her if she want to go for a walk we did a 4 mile walk. Now I am trying to decide if I am going to do the work out tomorrow or not. Sunday is my rest day so I am a little torn. I would like to sleep in a little before I go to church but.........I just might get up.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor day weekend.

Lori:cool:

Late check in for me - but today I haven't had much time to sit at the computer.

Completed my choice of cardio today which of course was CCPP w/ the add on challenge; a 91 min 10 sec run at full throttle until I felt ready to throw up at the 1 hour mark :p but ignored the sensation to puke, found my energy yet again and pulled it off - Gods I love CCPP days!

loveshower.gif

Chris Ahhh you survived the noisy, smelley teen boys (I just about died LMAO when you described them)

Rest Days are good very good so I hope you enjoyed!

Kathy Wow 63 min of DM? You Go Girl!

Beth - Good job on finishing CCPP
gen148.gif

Red wine always leaves me the next morning with a slight headache - I love it for winter time, summers I drink white wines

Lori sleep in take a rest day if your body craves it!
I'm taking my rest day tomorow

Good going on your walks today!

The PU challenge is doable and I'm happy with how I'm improving; granted I'm a PU wimp so I'm working up to them but so far I can proudly say I've done them all on my toes!

picture.php

Hi Everyone :) Just wanted to drop by and say "Hi" really quick. I've been busy this weekend and it's not going to end till tomorrow night, lol. I have LOADS of laundry to do today. Yesterday I did KM, and it was my first time and I must say I hate the leg drills, everything else was great. Today is my rest day. I don't know which rotation to start on Monday, but I'm waiting for Cathe to post the Sept rotation to decide if I should do that one or Cardio Blast rotation. Then after Sept I want to do the 4ds/gs rotation. Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I'll bb tomorrow :) Have a wonderful day today everyone!

Hi Ivy

Enjoy your rest day and all that laundry. I put about 4 baskets of laundry away yesterday. One of my least favorite things to do.

Well I didn't see Vilma's advice until now... I got up and did 4ds HIS. I had a hard time with some of the floor work. It blows my mind when this happens because one day I have the move down and the next time I do it its like I have 2 left feet. Does any one feel it in their upper back while doing pu's? Today I felt it in my upper back more than my chest.

Chris I saw your boys school on the news last night on Fox 25 Boston. You all made the Boston news. The pics looked like they killed all the bees.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have a lot of running to do. 2 Hockey practices and they are 80 min long 1 is at 1pm and the other is at 330 yilkes what am I going to do to kill time.

Lori

Morning Ladies

balloons.gif

I'm here enjoying my rest day as I sip my coffee
eatdrink059.gif

listening to some smooth, mellow jazz .... a nice way to start my Sunday.

I plan on doing Low Max tomorrow since I don't see the Sept Rotation posted yet; but I've been known to change my mind on occasion
cool07.gif

Seems like the kids are sleeping in this morning & my DH just got home from work, so I'm off to spend some time w/ him.

Have a great day All!
Laie_23.gif

picture.php

Good morning all,

I hope you've been having a good long weekend. I've been MIA for a couple days and there's a reason. I've been having a couple bad weeks, and though nothing super catastrophic (because I have had to deal with the super catastrophic), it sort of reached a peak this week. I was filled with such negative energy and I couldn't get it out even with exercise that I think I sort of retreated into a hole. That said, I was stupid...the hole makes everything worse and truly I should know that now. I guess, sometimes when you feel so alone because of the people in your life, you then move away from people making you alone to reinforce the problem. Sorta stupid. But I'm done with all the depressing stuff.

There was some good things this week -- including my husband's bday where he was scared but happy with the Hardcore series. He has already tried out HSC and MM and last night we did KickMax. You know, KM is sorta funny to me. When we started it out I was like, hey, this is 1) lower impact (awesome, because my feet were hurting) and 2) not as hard as some of Cathe's other stuff (which I thought was great because DH is not like in that I like to ramp up to harder things). I had to stop prematurely because I had realized I did pull something funny in my leg earlier in the day and I didn't want to aggravate it so he went on. Then the blast off section sorta took him down. But I was still proud of him for trying.

Today...is to make up for all the time not exercising this week because of depression mount. So, BM2!!! Or at least how much I can do with some breaks. We'll see! I have to clean furiously and I have to plan some experiments because I forgot tomorrow is Labor Day and told my newly assigned underling (which I am not so happy about) to come in tomorrow so she can learn to start being useful. Will be on and off today.

Vilma (and the others who take it) -- enjoy your rest day.

Happy long weekend everyone

My hope is that you will all have an amazing time with your family, friends, and workouts. For those of you who may live in the gulf area and are preparing or are in the midst of a storm, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Today I'm workout legs out at the gym followed by cardio.

Hottie-I'm glad the negative spiral has eased up a bit and you are back...that is a true testimony of resilience. Will you be teaching anything in the fall? Enjoy your workout :).

Hey Jubinic,

I hope you had fun with your workout at the gym. Thanks for the kind words. There was some real debate about my teaching this term...I have my own funding for the term but I was asked to teach for extra cash but I decided against it with all the stuff that's going on. My PI decided to take on a bunch of undergrads this term and he stuck one with me despite my protest. I don't necessarily have a problem mentoring a student but I got one who only just finished her freshman year so she has no theory background for me to even build on for advanced work. Which is fine if she works hard but of course I have to wait to see if that happens. So just mentoring this term.

So, BM2 may have been too ambitious for me but it was certainly fun trying. I did as much as I can and I'm still learning footwork, but man that step cardio is mad fun. And I became a sweaty mess which I frankly missed for the last week. My hope is to get a workout in with my husband or at least cheer him on for something when he wakes up (silly boy went to bed last night at 3a...that said he did spend the last 1.5hrs making my kitchen spotless...but after about 6 hrs of playing video games so maybe he was just leveraging my wrath...)

Hello everyone! I've been busy with my mom here for my son's birthday. All that's behind us now, and I took her to the airport this morning. Good visit!

I did 4DS BC this morning. My first thought upon wakening was "why did I think I could do BC the day after ccpp?" but it was fine, though partway through the cardio I realized it might have been fun to sub in drill max cardio for the cardio -- I'm not that wild about those boot camp drills, as a lot of others aren't. Seems like people either really like them, or don't so much. I think I'll do drill max cardio tomorrow. It will be very interesting to see what Cathe posts for the Sept. rotation -- I really do think they must be close to shipping STS but we'll see.

Hottie, it's good to see you back -- I was wondering where you were. Glad to hear you're out of the funk -- it is really hard when you're in the midst of it to do the right things that seem so logical and "easy" when you're back out of the funk.

I'm so glad it's a three day weekend! Off to my very own mountain of laundry.....

-Beth

Ok, P.S. I just saw fitness freak's leg blast rotation and saw that Vilma's thinking about it. It looks really good, doesn't it? I was going to try to make up a similar rotation like that on my own. I may try to get some of that in.

-Beth

HI everyone..

Finished the last day of the rotation..I did 4DS LIS: shoulders, calves & core..

I am not sure what I will do tomorrow. Hopefully Cathe will post something early enough. If not, I will have to think of something on my own..

Just a quick pop-in!

Rest day for me today in between overnight shifts...

I'm stressing, the kids are crazy, work sucks... What else is new? LOL!!

I looked at FF's Sept Lower Body blast... VERY tempting!! I want to "lean out my lower body"!!! Pick me!!!
mayi.gif

But I will wait to see what Cathe posts... her's might be even better!

Have a restful Sunday, all!

*Waves* To Hottie... Good to see you back!!

~Chris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.