ATTENTION all TEXAS gals!!!

I live in Oklahoma City. It is about 3 and 1/2 hrs from Dallas. Let me know, if it is not to far I may come too. I have talked about having a get together here. I know there are some from Kansas and in the Northern part of the state. BTY Debbie, I would love to see you as I am sure many here would as you are a major inspiration and contributer here.
Diane Sue

i am in cleveland,, used to work in beaumont.. i know where Fannet is.. cool... let me know when the meet is...

tina

Diane Sue-

It would be so cool if you could make it down. Although compared to you I look like I've never even HEARD of Cathe! ;)

Debbie-

You certainly would be welcome! I found a "cheap" fair of $226 to fly in to Dallas. <hint hint> ;)

Jes-

If you can find a way to Austin somehow (around $100 from Houston Hobby Airport to Austin or 5 hour drive) we could carpool up to Dallas. Heck I have a small SUV and can take 3 extra people so you San Antonio girls are welcome to carpool too. The 3 hours will fly by!

We CAN make this happen Girls!

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

Hey everybody. I'm in Central Texas. I live in Hewitt which is a suburb of Waco, so I'm right in the middle of everything.

Cool Tina! Small world!

Diane, that would be great if you came!

Nadine, great!

where does Debbie live?

jes

Jes,

Debbie is in Akron Ohio, so I'm not sure she'd like to spend the $. Now what we need, DH says, is someone with a Huge house where ever we go so we can have a slumber party! ;)

Nadine

Jes,

Pinky's username is Hippahips. Do you think she knows we're on the way? ;)

Nadine

Marla,

Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. We're still in the talking/thinking up stuff phase! Any ideas?

Edited to ask:

BTW, how big is YOUR place? ;) Just kidding, Honestly!

Nadine

Thanks you all! I would absolutely LOVE to join you! Since Ohio is a lil' more then a hop, skip & jump away, I will proabably save my pennies for a Cathe trip so I can meet the whole brood. I can't wait til THAT day! Hope you find a central meeting area/home. Just be sure it's BIG enough so you can all do a workout together! (CTX-Kickbox doesn't take up a lot of space.) I really would love to see pictures after your party. Please do share and again, thanks for the invite. (Even though I invited MYSELF! :p)
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Nadine,
I don't post here much, I am usually very busy but I have a 3 day weekend and have been trying to catch up on the boards. I live in Pflugerville too. What a small world!

Shauna

ok, i have taken a tally of sorts from the info posted on several threads:

Marla Dallas
Breckgirl Dallas
Shonnie Dallas
Mikie Dallas
Pinky Dallas

Jes Houston is closest big city
JTlane Houston

Shirlee San Antonio
JaneyB San Antonio

Kelley Waco

Nadine Austin

Diane OK City

Tina Cleaveland

so Dallas has the most members, but because i am clueless about the geography of Texas, someone else will have to decide what the most central location for everyone would be. I am guessing Austin is in the middle?

jes

Jes!

Maybe Akron, Ohio is central?????? :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Cool! I'm in Windermere Park on Gower St. Where are you?

Edited to ask: Are you going to join us on our get together? The More the Merrier!

Nadine

I'm in the Club at Wells Point subdivison by Spring Hill and PMS. I may join if it is close. I teach 1st grade and go to grad school in the evenings, plus I have 2 middle school daughters and a hubby that keep my busy. I also just went back to WW, so on top of working out, I am pretty busy. We will have to get together sometime. We are so close. You can e-mail me at [email protected]

Shauna

Ok,it looks like the most logical is either Waco or Dallas so here are the approximate drive times according to Yahoo Maps.

http://maps.yahoo.com:

Time = Hr:min

Beaumont --> Austin = 5:18
Beaumont --> Waco = 5:43
Beaumont --> Dallas = 6:27

San Antonio --> Austin = 1:30
San Antonio --> Waco = 3:23
San Antonio --> Dallas = 5:16

Houston --> Waco = 4:02
Houston --> Dallas = 4:46

Austin --> Waco = 2:03
Austin --> Dallas = 3:56

Dallas --> Waco = 2:09

Oklahoma City --> Waco = 4:53
Oklahoma City --> Dallas = 3:17

As for Tina in Cleveland: a quick check on Orbitz Shows: Approx: $303 to fly into Dallas; approx $386 to Waco; or $242 to Oklahoma City with
the drive after.

I guess the BIG Question now is: Which City has the better food?!? :)

Also we might want to take this off-line to e-mail to save Cathe's bandwidth.

My e-mail is [email protected] -- No Spam please! ;) We can just use the cc: function on the email to keep the loop going.

Nadine

Well, unless you don' mind sharing your bed with 1 or 2 of about 6 cats or 3 dogs, I do have room. LOL!

Marla
:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.