Athletic Training!

tralaiven

Cathlete
This is my absolute favorite of the new LIS so far. It had the challenging cardio and then weight work for both upper, lower, and abs. It had a good emphasis on the lower body, which is what we women struggle with..so that was great. Also it was just good fun, and the time went by.

This will be the workout that I reach for regularly, when I don't know what to do, or when I really don't want to work out that day, or when I just want to do one I totally enjoy.

Last edited:
I tried this one today after doing Spin Max Express...thinking I'd do the upper body premix. I just didn't have it in me to do anything with my legs, but loved what I saw! Cathe's spinning DVD leaves my legs screaming, so I reached for some yoga instead.

Isn't the 'running man' move in this workout the same as a 'repeater'? What's the difference?

Last edited:
So far...

I am torn between AT and TB as favorite...but they are 2 distinct types of workout.

I think I really loved AT because it has a little of everything:

Great warm up
Fun, intense but shorter step segment
HIIT
Weights
Kettlebell-like moves
Bands
Effective core

Besides an after massage, what else could someone ask for???

embarrassed

:eek: I couldn't finish it. I could only do the first 30 minutes and I pooped out. :eek::( I was sweating buckets and my hr was really high.:eek: I thought, no problem right? I can run 3 miles with hills, shouldn't be an issue. ~wrong~:p

Oh well, room to grow, right?:eek:

Tracy, can I ask what do you do to modify for push ups? I have a recent shoulder issue calcifying tendanitis and everything I have tried just hurts. I am so frustrated.

I think this wo is a masterpiece! I love the innovative leg work with the firewalker bands. The tricep work is good. I also like the concentration of cardio at the start, then the hr stays up through the weights. Very, very good job, Cathe!

WISP: I hear you on the frustration!!! When I first got hurt 4 months ago, I had worked up to doing 37 full-body military pushups, and then-BAM-nothing.

All I can tell you is what I did for my injury: For three months....NOTHING....then very very slowly...my first step was just getting on my hands and knees...period, that's it. That was a huge :confused: step for me. I would just keep that position for awhile.

Then, when I felt I could, when I was on my hands and knees, I would bend my elbows a bit, as if to do a push up, and as days went by, I bent them a little more and a little more, with my bootay up in the air. Then, I was able to go all the way down to the ground with my boot in the air, starting from the hands-and- knees position.

Now, I am starting that whole process from the position of full body pushups on my knees. I am still at dipping about 1/2 way down.

The main thing I have had to be is patient with my body and not push too much because when I do too much, I pay for it in pain and discomfort for a few days.

Best wishes and I hope you get better soon and I understand!

I really loved the step combination moves on this workout (great shoulder work). Also the firewalker segment -- great burn!

Has anyone tried the Athletic Step Extreme premix? What does that consist of? I think I'll try that next time.

Last edited:
Rapid Breathe,
I was feeling the same as you around the 30 minute mark. The workout slows down a little as far as needing to catch your breath. I do have to admit that I took a few extra pauses throughtout the first 30 minutes.
Melissa

This is my absolute favorite of the new LIS so far. It had the challenging cardio and then weight work for both upper, lower, and abs. It had a good emphasis on the lower body, which is what we women struggle with..so that was great. Also it was just good fun, and the time went by.

This will be the workout that I reach for regularly, when I don't know what to do, or when I really don't want to work out that day, or when I just want to do one I totally enjoy.

I just got done doing this the 2nd time and love this workout. I agree with everything you said. I also love Cathe's outfit (green is my favorite color).

AT is a FAV!!!

Totally agree :D AT is toggling for top position (b/w 3 totally diff w/o's cm & tb), but it definitely has the all around fun factor that I enjoy.

Thanks CATHE!!!

I just did this one again for the second time, and I think it was tougher this time around than it was the first time I tried it. The cardio was killer in the beginning, but I loved it. I just love this series. The only thing I haven't tried is Cycle Max, and that's b/c I don't have a spin bike. Bummer.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.