Athleta question

buckeyegirl

Cathlete
Just got a new Athleta catalog in the mail - man, I love their stuff.

Has anyone ever gotten dresses/clothes from there? Do they run true to size? Some of the bathings suits and dresses are adorable, but not cheap!

Thanks!

Hi! I just ordered a shirt from them and what great quality! The sports bra was true to size and the shirt seems a little big / but I've recently lost 40ish pounds so that could be me just getting used to having to size down :)

Their website seemed to have good customer reviews about the fit of different types of their clothing.

HTH,
tami :)

I have purchased bathing suits, pants, skirts, and a dress from Athleta. The sizing seems about right to me. I am very happy with the quality of all of the clothes, too. There are several items in the recent catalogue that I keep looking at, but they're definitely not cheap, so I'll probably just keep looking!

Good luck,
Deborah

I'm right there with you Deborah! My catalog has a lot of little corners bent over. I even went on their website and put a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart but haven't bought any of it (yet!). I do have some bathing suits from them that I love! The fit is true and they are made to move in so they don't slip and slide around like some other suits do.

Pam

I am seriously addicted to Athleta. I've bought way too much from them but their stuff is so irresistible! Their clothes are pretty true to size. I've had a lot of luck w/ the bottoms although the tops have been hit and miss. The yoga pants are great and other bottoms I try to make sure they have a drawstring. Like Tami said, read the customer reviews as they are helpful. I've gotten several skirts and finally bought a dress this winter that I love. I've gotten one swimsuit from them and it didn't hold up as well as I'd hoped. But I love their clothes!

Title Nine also has great dresses :)

I've ordered from them but so far only one keeper. I'm quite short 5'2" and have an especially short torso. I have issues with their things being way "too long" in the torso with a snugger fit than I like. great fabrics, cute styles but beware if you are short or if you like a looser fit to your clothes. the waist whittle top was so long I lifted the shoulders up 4 inches in the air just to get my bustline "inside".
the free shipping makes it easier to chance it, but you do need to pay the return shipping if it doesn't fit.

I have ordered from them in many categories. I'm tall, over 5'9" and for the most part everything fits the way they describe. I have been really impressed with the quality of the items too. There have been a few misses, some stuff will always look better on paper and the models are so perfect to begin with. I would read the reviews carefully even if there are quite a few because invariably there will be people who state their size and how it fits on them which has helped me. They also tend to have some good sales (if you can wait) but that's usually how I buy from them. Like their Sleek Skirt, I was chomping for those but they were $80 and lo...just after Christmas they were marked down fifty percent and Kaaaching! I also like their customer service over the phone and on line, that's important to me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.