AT: What's NOT to love!!

mini-natty

Cathlete
Talk about total body conditioning! I absolutely loved the format and challenge of this video! The variety is fun; step w/2 risers & 3, various weights, tubing, firewalker, discs, even the step topper gets in on the action!

Here is the breakdown: (total running time of 58:32)

1) Warm-up 06:09min
2) Step Cardio 07:21min (step w/2 risers) No fancy footwork here! Basic, athletic, heart pumping cardio on the step.
3) Uneven low lunges 04:10min (step w/3 risers, 8 lbs weight X 1). Fry those legs and butt!
4) Overhead squat presses 00:57 sec (step w/3 risers, 8 lbs weight x2). You are gonna be thankful it's only 57 sec !
5) Double arm lateral raises 01:31min (step w/3 risers, 5 lbs weight X 2)
6) Plie squats w/front swing 00:52sec ( 8 lbs weight x 2 ).Fun kettle bell type move
7) Regular abductions & front raises 01:40 (step w/3 risers, 8 lbs weight x 1)
8) Push-ups w/hands on step 01:00min ( step w/3 risers) :eek:
9) Rear delt raises drop set 01:16min (5 or 8 lbs weights x 2)
10) Push-ups with hands on step 01:00min (step w/3 risers) YES, another minute of this! :eek:
11) Back lunges/bicep curls w/discs 01:33min (8 lbs weight x 1, disc x 1)
12) Bicep curls w/tubing 02:41 ( 5 or 3 lbs weight x2, 1 green tube) Burn those biceps off!
13) Triceps dips w/discs 01:57 (1 disc, step w/3 risers)
14) Triceps lying extensions 01:28 (5 lbs weight x2, step with 3 risers)
15) Triceps kickbacks w/tubing 00:51 (1 green tube). Just when you thought your triceps had enough.....
16) Abduction work w/firewalker loop 03:19 (green firewalker)
17) Hamstring kickbacks w/firewalker 02:52 (step topper, green firewalker). Oh my, you are gonna feel this innocent little move...
18) Single leg deadlift 02:29 (8 lbs weight x2 in one hand, or 1 heavy weight)
19) Back w/tubing 04:18 (mat, 1 green band)
20) Core 05:12 (mat, green firewalker)
21) DRUMROLL PLEASE...............STRETCH............ahhhhhhhh

I can't say enough about this workout, I was really impressed. Cathe really outdid herself and proves once again that she is THE BEST in the industry. I salute you Mrs.Cathe!

Last edited:
This is the only one I have not done yet. I did Muscle Max - UB last night. Is this more of a cardio workout or is this considered a strength workout? I'm trying to decide if I do it tonight or tomorrow night.

This is the only one I have not done yet. I did Muscle Max - UB last night. Is this more of a cardio workout or is this considered a strength workout? I'm trying to decide if I do it tonight or tomorrow night.

I consider this to be a wonderful circuit workout. The first 10min or so, is strictly cardio based on the step. Then for the remainder of the workout, Cathe incorporates weights w/cardio (ie-plie squats with front swing, back lunges with bicep curls). She targets every muscle group WHILE keeping your heart rate up. Mine stayed elevated nicely throughout. I wouldn't consider it a pure weight training workout, like lets say TB Tri-Sets, but it gets the job done if you want both in a short amount of time. My arms hurt a bit the next day from all those push-ups on the step :eek:

Have fun!!! You are gonna really love this I think :D

AT was the first workout of the LIS that I tried. It's been love at first sight :) It is my favourite, maybe because I really like circuit training in general. I will never stop telling my friends how amazing this workout is!

I'm getting ready to do this in a few minutes, just finishing coffee. I'm thinking of doing my slotted STS workout first, but I'm running late on time. I am having so much fun with this series plus I can handle this sort of step work, finally!

I did this one this morning and repeated the lower body portion starting with the step part to get an extra cardio effect - awesome and hard. A great workout- everything was burning! Those weighted lunged over the step kept me breathless. The second time round my balance was definately off!

This is probably my fave of the new series as well. I'm also loving Cycle Max! There is such wonderful variety in this series. I'm starting to incorporate a bit of high impact sprinkled in but am totally loving the challenge and am quite surprised how hard low impact high intensity is! My endurance has definitely improved. Thank you Cathe!! :)

I had been dreading this workout for some reason. I previewed it when I first got the series, and I thought it looked like a killer. I did not do this workout until this Saturday, and I actually really loved it. I thought it was less brutal than Afterburn, and it had some great moves. This is probably the last one that I had been saving that is a part of the core workout set. I've not done the yoga ones yet either, but I'm not a huge yoga fan. I'm glad I saved it because it gave me something new to do two months in to having this set, which was nice. It's a new challenge for me, and I'm looking forward to doing it again.

Once I started doing it, I found it was not as hard as it looked...but I am in much better shape now than I was when I got the series, so that helps a lot.

I don't have this one! Why I didn't buy the whole set at once, I will never know! So, I am going broke buying them one at a time! My question is this...Do you have to be into step to do this? I am not into step at all. I love all of Cathe's weight workouts. Everyone is raving about this one and it makes me feel as though I am missing out! Do you have to be an avid stepper to do it?

This one is totally doable if you can't do other step workouts. I am a total clutz and can't figure out 95% of the new step workouts these days. I know lots of people like Cathe's more complex step workouts but I really hope she makes more of these basic/drill like step routines for people like me in the future! I can't wait to see what her next pre-order will bring!

This one is totally doable if you can't do other step workouts. I am a total clutz and can't figure out 95% of the new step workouts these days. I know lots of people like Cathe's more complex step workouts but I really hope she makes more of these basic/drill like step routines for people like me in the future! I can't wait to see what her next pre-order will bring!

Right on! This was the first step routine that I got through with *style*. I was even bold enough to try the Cardio Blast on LIC and I think I have that one down too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.