At home bikini wax?

rose2boys

Cathlete
Anyone have any recommendations for a good (easy to use, effective, yet non irritating) drugstore brand bikini wax? I have been going to the salon for years to get this done, but am trying to cut back a bit.

I've never found one that I liked & have been able to use w/o making a big mess, but I haven't looked for so long & I know there must be some breakthru products since then...

Well one time I tried NADS at home bikini wax...O...M...Gosh! it was the worse thing ever! I mean..the wax was really good and it took the hair off, but for some reason is was the MOST painful thing I've ever had done "down there". I stick to shaving, I think my skin's too sensitive...but try nads! It just might work for you and hopefully you won't get the pain.

Don't they make some kind of roll on wax now that's less messy? Or what about Nair or something like that that rinses off?

I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but whenever I consider at home bikini waxing I remember the internet story (fictional I'm sure) about the woman who wound up glueing herself to her tub w/ the wax and had to call her best friend to unstick her. :D

IKWYM about the cost of having it done in a salon. What about one of those Epilady thingies?

I've used this with great results:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=21386&catid=50625

You just rub the strips between your hands to warm up the wax, and then off you go. It's somewhat painful, but I find the after time hurts less than when I get a salon bikini wax. I don't know if it's the type of wax or what, but the Sally Hansen stuff doesn't bother my skin at all afterward, whereas after the salon I have tenderness and slight discomfort for several days.

anne

I have been waking for 27 years! I have little to no hair left at this point. However in a pinch I have used gigi hard wax for brazillians. it is a hard wax so you don't use strips and it is microwaveable. I am unsure of the cost but it is sold in beauty supply stores like sally's. For me it is actually more cost effective to have it done because I end up wasting a lot of wax and it takes me about an hour just to do my bikini. Keep in mind I have hardly any hair to wax, but bewteen set up and clean up and results I stick with the salon.

I do my own at home waxing, but I bought a professional wax thingy from a beauty supply store. It heats up in five minutes, and after years of practice, I can do my own bikini line in about three minutes. I too got tired of paying for waxing, waiting for an appointment when I needed it done NOW, and having some stranger "down there". heehee

Also, I have two teenage daughters who want their eyebrows done constantly, so it saves in that department as well.

I use a hard wax as well called Surgi Wax...no strips, very happy. I can do an *almost Brazilian* with it. Although I did just splurge and get a salon full Brazilian :eek: Expensive, but so much faster!
Happy waxing! LOL!
Becky

OMG, am I the only person who absolutely refuses to put HOT WAX anywhere near there???????????? :eek::eek::eek:

ellie

What about one of those Epilady thingies?
That's what I use (though if I were into a Brazilian, I don't think I'd try it). It takes a bit of getting used to (but if you've already done waxing, you probably wouldn't have much trouble) and a bit of contortion (though about the same as I imagine waxing would).

I've also seen some pre-waxed strips that you just press on and pull off.

I tried home waxing a total of once: after I ripped a strip halfway off, I couldn't continue (I think you have to be very aggressive and not back down), and I had a heck of a time getting the wax off!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.