Asylum 2--loving it!

Denise R

Cathlete
While waiting for my new Cathe's, I decided to order Asylum 2 last Thursday and I got it on Saturday (wow, that was the QUICKEST BB order I've ever had). I am following the 4 week rotation and just started yesterday with X Training. (1st workout on the line up) Lots of drills and jump roping. I woke up this morning and I'm so sore, especially all around my abs. I enjoyed Asylum. Asylum 2 is similar to the original with more weights, etc. Today is the upper body workout.

Anyone else getting it?

Denise

I'm eyeing this program. I don't have the original Asylum. Did you have that one? Do you like one vs the other better? How much room does it take up? My exercise space is limited. Do I have to use a pullup bar ( i don't have one)? TIA

So far I've done only 2 workouts, as I'm only on day 2 of the rotation. I don't think they take up much space, nothing more than Cathe. No use of pull up bar as of yet....I do the back/core workout Wednesday and if there is any bar use, it might be in that one but I am not sure yet. :)

I just finished Upper Body Elite and I'm a mess, ha!

Denise

I would love to try this program. I love Shaun T but I'm afraid I couldn't keep up. I don't need for my heart rate to go any higher than 166. I got to that level during the warmup with Insanity. My heart, mind and soul are ready to jump in and do it but my body won't let me. I hate getting old. :(

I am interested in this but do not know if I will like this Shaun T. person. Is he nutso and yelling? Are the workouts well made? Or are they like Soap Opera filming?

How long are each of the workouts?

thanks and blessings to you

Asylum 2 Power Legs-POW, BAM, YIKES!

I did Power Legs today and practically wanted to cry when I was done, lol! Tons of plyo moves and use of the band. We used the band for at least 15 minutes after the warmup--:eek:! (doing moves similar to what Cathe does with the bands) The last 5-6 minutes of work was torture, especially after all the drills. He did pulsing narrow squats, wide squats, plie squats then lunges to each side, then back to wide squats until we finish again with narrow. My legs will be screaming tomorrow (as if they haven't been already :p). Tomorrow is back and 6 pack. Then finally REST :asleep:

Denise

I am interested in this but do not know if I will like this Shaun T. person. Is he nutso and yelling? Are the workouts well made? Or are they like Soap Opera filming?

I haven't viewed this particular workout but I did own Insanity. I really like Shaun T. I don't consider him "nutso". I do remember him yelling on some of the Insanity dvds but it was in a good way - like athletes yell at each other for motivation. Does that make sense?

Is it worth getting Asylum and Asylum 2? I was thinking of just getting Asylum 2 and add on the ladder for the additional $20. I like that there is more weights in 2.

Is it worth getting Asylum and Asylum 2? I was thinking of just getting Asylum 2 and add on the ladder for the additional $20. I like that there is more weights in 2.

To be honest, I have the ladder and don't use it. I just "fake it" and it works. I do the same with the jump rope moves.

Thanks Denise! So I don't need any of the equipment huh? Hmmm. So i'm not really wanting to push myself to feel nauseous or puke, can I take these workouts slower and make them less intense but still get a good workout in?

I also love Shaun T. He's funny, motivating, in great shape and makes the workouts fly by. I have not done Asylum, but I did a rotation of Insanity and have a few of his Hip Hop Abs videos. I found Insanity to be a little boring, and there was a dread factor because it was kind of repetitive, but I did get in much better cardio shape after doing the entire rotation. I did not lose any weight, though, but nothing really takes off any weight for me at this point, I can only lose an inch here or there.

I did find an Asylum diary of sorts, of someone doing this rotation on You Tube, and that woman was WORKING! ;) It looks like a very challenging program. I would do it if I could do high impact exercise daily.

Eva

No Shaun is not nutso at all!!! He's a sweetheart...Love Shaun T!!

Hi so I have Asylum 1 and I didn't really love it. I loved, loved Insanity. Tell me how different is Asylum 2 than 1? It doesn't seem all that expensive ($60) so I'm thinking maybe I'll try it but if it's really the same as Asylum 1 then I might pass.

My biggest issue with BB is that they really don't have "previews" so you can really tell what the DVD's are like before you buy them.
Any feedback you can give me would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Elena

Hi so I have Asylum 1 and I didn't really love it. I loved, loved Insanity. Tell me how different is Asylum 2 than 1? It doesn't seem all that expensive ($60) so I'm thinking maybe I'll try it but if it's really the same as Asylum 1 then I might pass.

My biggest issue with BB is that they really don't have "previews" so you can really tell what the DVD's are like before you buy them.
Any feedback you can give me would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Elena
I found some clips of Asylum 1 and 2 on YouTube. Hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.