Asics Gel Intensity

I am looking for new shoes. I just purchased and returned a pair of New Balance 1210's. They came recommended here on the forums and I found that they really, really hurt my feet. My orthotic inserts didn't fit well inside of them which I think is why they hurt. I have seen recommendations for the Asics Gel Intensity's. Do those of you that have them "LOVE them" or are they just "okay"? Is there good heel support? I found the NB 1210"s fit low on my heel and didn't feel very stable. I want a shoe with good lateral support and great cushioning for my PF. Like many of you, I used to wear Ryka's but found they weren't doing the job anymore.

Thanks for any advise

I used Asics Gel Intensity for awhile and I liked them, but didn't love them...They were comfortable, but I found that there wasn't enough forefoot support for me and my toes always seemed to hurt. (could just be because I have 53 yr-old feet....:D) The heel support was ok, but I ended up getting extra inserts for them because I needed more support overall. I know lots of people just love them. They weren't the worst shoes I've worn, but I'm still searching for the perfect shoe... If you have some great orthotics to put in them, they may work out great for you. That's what's so frustrating about workout shoes, because everyone's feet are so different and what's great for one person might just feel horrible on someone else.:mad:

I'm currently alternating Pearl Izumi and Saucony and I'm on the fence about both. Sigh....

Good luck to you!

Everyone is different with different shoe needs, but I love Asics. Period. I won't wear any other shoes. They don't hurt my feet like some other shoes do, NB in particular. If possible, you should try on shoes in the store and really move around in them to juge how they feel. If ordering online, choose a site like Zappos or Endless that has an excellent return policy. Trial and error is probably the best way to find the right shoe for you.

i also shopped alot on the internet and picked asics gel intensity. i have only done insanity,no step and have no trouble. they fit perfect for me. i have a high arch,and a heel spur(i think),and planterfaciitis.

laura

I'm on my second pair of Asic Gels GT2130's. I love using them for my running but they are not great for the other types of cardio for my feet.

I've been using Rykas for my indoor cardio - I just got some of the Kelly Ripa line - Assist XT's. I love 'em - you don't have a sharp edge to twist your ankle with and the cushioning worked well for me doing the Insanity workouts.

i guess are feet are all different. i did not like the ryka assist.they felt wierd. i returned 5 different shoes from zappos. it was easy with no return charge

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.