Are you kidding me?

elliemom2

Cathlete
I have been doing Cathe's workouts for about 4 months. Alternating step and weight. I am doing well but obviously some are much more intense. This morning I did MIC. Or should I say tried to do MIC. How in the world does anyone finish that tape???? I thought I would die and kinda wished I would. When I finally got to the step portion I was feeling like "Ok, almost done" until I realized there was still an entire segment to go. Are you kidding me? OUCH. I skipped to the cool down and stretch. Has anyone actually finished this workout?
I am 42 and never really exercised in my whole life. I was 100 pounds until I had my children at 37 and 40 years old. Now I am 128 and FLABBY. I LOVE Cathe but I was not saying nice things to her this morning. Will I ever get to finish this one?
Thanks,
ellie:( :eek:

Ellie,
Exactly my thoughts when I first discovered Cathe. You will be amazed at what your body will acclimate to and the first time you complete a workout that you couldn't do before is the BEST feeling. Also, there will come a time when some of the workouts you once thought impossible to complete are now easier...not easy, but easier! Keep at it and have fun!
Angela:7

Look on the bright side: if it were easy the first time out, there would be nowhere to 'grow' with it. This way, you can look back in a few months and be proud of the progress you've made! (It's not called an 'advanced' workout for nuthin', LOL!)

(The warm-up + step portion of this workout makes a nice workout all on its own).

>Look on the bright side: if it were easy the first time out,
>there would be nowhere to 'grow' with it. This way, you can
>look back in a few months and be proud of the progress you've
>made! (It's not called an 'advanced' workout for nuthin',
>LOL!)

I feel exactly the same way!

MIC is one of those workouts that I rarely do because of the impact, but I think breaking it up into segments in the beginning is the best way to conquer it.

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I need to work up to a lot of her tapes, I just keep hoping it will be soon. I had planned to do an IMAX tomorrow, but I don't think I'll be able to move!!!
ellie;)

There are definite "learning" curves to Cathe's workouts!!! I like to think back to this time last year when I received my first Cathe....Low Max. I thought that I was in decent shape until I tried it!!! I couldn't even do the entire thing with NO risers!!! Now, it's my norm to do it with the 8" step!!!

I actually did this one last Friday. Yes, it starts out easy and kills you at the end. My suggestion is lowering the step for the interval segments at the end. My HRM said I burned 600 calories with this workouts, not bad for 70 minutes.

>What is MIC?

Maximum Intensity Cardio

Tracey
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

MIC was one of my first. I couldnt do it when i first bought it. I dont do that video that often but, i did it not that long ago. I made it through it. I did the step portion with the step at 6". (made it easier) But, i was tired at the end. I have been doing cathe videos for several years.. i think its definatly an endurance tape...LOL

melissa

I hate MIC! LOL! I think the abmount of bouncing around in the hi/lo portion is just ridiculous (and unnecessary). I am certain you can get just as much workout without all the impact with another DVD.

I often wonder if Cathe had been blessed with double DDs like some of us ladies, if she would have made such an extremely bouncy workout. I cringe watching Cedie do the last portion of the floor exercises with that sorry excuse of a bra she's wearing.

I do like the step portion though.

JMHO,
Susan L.G.

I've even lowered the step to 4" on occasion. You are definitely not alone on this. I remember asking this exact question 7 years ago when I first tried MIC and it still kicks my butt! Good luck!

Sue

Ha Ha....you will adapt to it...

I remember when I first did this tape and realized how much more physically fit I could still get! It really humbled me. I also made the mistake (I was excited!) of doing this two (2) times in one week. That resulted in serious knee pain for the following two weeks! haha. i will never do that again. I just did MIC on Monday and it's gotten easier...woohoo! I didn't say EASY though, just EASIER...LOL:)

RE: Ha Ha....you will adapt to it...

This is, IMO, probably Cathe's toughest cardio workout. Well, maybe Drill Max is a notch higher, but just a very small notch.....

I can only do it when I'm super-motivated. But like all Cathe's workouts, once you get it down it's so much fun, & the intensity level can't be matched.

RE: Ha Ha....you will adapt to it...

LOL I remember doing that tape the first time. You do wonder how on earth anyone can manage it!!!

Hey listen, the day will come when that will be no problems for you. Keep at it, do not give up, it happens.

Cathe is tuff }(

Edith

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.