Are there Cathe dvds that you hardly ever use?

TXGin

Cathlete
I hardly ever do Timesaver or Hardcore Extreme. I guess there are just so many that it is tough to do them all!

Gin

I hardly EVER do Push/Pull and Supersets (in fact, I've only done them each once). I also rarely do Hardcore Extreme (too high impact). I was just thinking today that maybe I should sell PP/SS....

Oh, and I H.A.T.E. kickboxing and almost NEVER do KPC. I haven't done it in soooo long. I should force myself to pull that one out again! ;)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Allison,
I have never heard anyone say they hate kickboxing.:eek: Did you enjoy it live with Cathe on the RT?

Gin

OMG, Gin, really--I'm the only one who hates it?!?! Now I feel like a total jackass....:( ;) Oh I definetely enjoyed it on the RT with Cathe but, hey, that was LIVE with Cathe!! ;)

My KB form is so pathetically bad and KB always seems to hurt my knees. I just find punching into thin air really strange and awkward.
The KB on the 4DS is right up my alley, though. Short and sweet. I like the high intensity drills in KPC but the kicking/punching combos just booooooooore me. I just dread KB so much. I'm weird, I know....;)

I'm a step freak. Can't help it. I could do step aerobics till the cows come home and never get bored.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I have the Classics and Cardio Hits. Both of which I rarely do. I rarely do anything from the Rythmic Step DVD though it gets more use then the other 2 do. I can count on one hand how many times I've done IMAX 3 and Kickmax.

I just have so much in the way of DVD work outs plus I belong to a gym. I have my definate faves too so I seem to come back to them time after time. As a result the rest tend to get shuffled off to the side...

I really should try to vary it up a bit more in the future!:)

Don't worry Allison, I hate kickboxing too. I rarely do KPC or Kick Max. I haven't done the kickbox from the 4 day split yet either. Perhaps I could suffer through it for half an hour. Will try it after Christmas.:)

Kim

I hardly ever touch "Timesaver", though it seems like such a good one to pull out, especially this month!

And just yesterday I noticed I had "Low Impact Step" and "Total Body Sculpting". I don't even remember those workouts!

I think I get caught up in the rotations, and those don't pop up too often.

~Chris

I hardly ever do the Power Hour DVD. I hate endurance workouts and these don't really click with me. I did do MIS a few months back though and it was better than I remembered it and I was able to use moderate to heavy weights. I like Body Max 2 better than the original Body Max so that one doesn't get used much either. I am tempted to trade this one but I so hate to part with any Cathe DVD. It took me a while and I finally have almost her whole collection. I know these will come up in rotations and I'll be sorry if I don't have it.

Marcy

I hardly ever use most of them, since I have so many workouts overall, as well as most of Cathe's (I did at one point own all of Cathe's workouts from Step 'n Motion 3 on, except for the Intensity Series compilation DVD, but got rid of some along the way).

There are a few that I've used a lot, more that I use less often, a smaller group that I use even less often, and one (Timesaver)that I've never used (and should either use or get rid of!). I haven't even done the entire Drill Max workout (I've done premixes and the segment on Cardio Fusion), or LIS and Boot Camp from 4DS yet!

Some of the workouts I rarely do are actually really good workouts (some, like Circuit Max, I used to do A LOT when I first got them), and when I go back to them, I think, 'wow, why haven't I done this one for a while?" I 'rediscovered" BMax (the original) and PS in the last year, and they were very nice rediscoveries!

>I have never heard anyone say they hate kickboxing.:eek: /

Seriously? I've heard (actually 'read'!) several people who say they hate it. (not me...I LOVE it!)

I have so many workouts by her I can cycle through them all the time and have it feel like a brand new workout. I can't even list them all here. I tend to do the newer series the most and hitting older ones when I'm feeling bored. There's just too much to choose from!

Missy

Timesaver - it's not bad, but I never use it anymore. I should sell it, but it's just so hard to let go of a Cathe workout.

I'm not a huge fan of Kickboxing, but I use them on occassion when I'm cranky and in the mood to throw some punches :)

I have been pretty good at keeping only the ones I like - which is most.

I traded Timesaver but only because I have the entire bodyblast series - which I LOVE.

I don't do Drillmax - too high impact for me. I have a love/hate relationship with MIC - it kicks my butt everytime but I feel good when I'm done.

I don't use MIS anymore but I won't get rid of it. It's on VHS so maybe that's why I don't do it anymore.

I don't do Cardiokicks that much either - again, it's on VHS but I still like it and won't get rid of it.

I have to say I use the Intensity series the most - whenever I'm not motivated but I know I need to workout hard, I choose an intensity series.

I have a couple of her older step workouts on VHS including the Wedding tape that I don't do a lot but I do still use them when I'm in the mood. One note - anyone else notice that Cathe doesn't change much from series to series? She is amazing.

I used to not like KB that much, but now I find it to be pretty much my favorite form of cardio.

I rarely use L&G, Classics, Hits or SJP. For L&G there are other leg workouts that are so much more intense. For Classics and Hits, I rarely do steady state step, but when I do, it is usually SB or RS. For SJP, I have just never liked it much.

I do use every workout on every disk by every instructor at least once per year. It's my justification to DH to have so many }(

Personally, for me I have never really gotten into any of Cathe's low impact workouts. I have Low Max, which I don't like (except for a few of the blasts--for legs)and I just can't seem to click with LIC either. I love the weight portion of LIC, though, and have made my own personal workouts with it. Just can't seem to get the cardio. I am much more of a high impact cardio junkie. I love kickboxing (esp. the blasts from KM), Drill Max, Imax(s), BM2 power circuit segment,boot camp, and the blasts from Step Blast. I have recently been learning the new workouts, and I don't think they are as challenging as previous workouts. Perhaps less intense may be a good change!! }(

Kristen

I've only done Bootcamp, Push/pull (as presented) and Step Fit one time each. Bootcamp I won't part with because I use Muscle Endurance all the time, and sometimes do the "core only" premix from Bootcamp. Push/pull I didn't click with from the beginning. Too much time spent on muscle groups I don't think need that much work (tibialis) and too little ab work. I do like the lower body 2x premix on it though (and do Supersets from time to time). I have Cardio Hits and love Power Max and Step Works - Step Fit is just "eh" to me.

I've sold several Hardcore Series workouts and 3 of the 4 from her last series. No reason to keep them from the get-go.

Diane

I hardly ever do Butts and Guts. I usually do L&G's or PLB. For some reason B&G's bores me. I do like the abs on it so it does get used. I just like the others so much better.
LD

I never do Kickmax (the impact is way too much for my hip), Timesaver, Cardio Hits, High Step Advanced (my least favorite workout for some reason), or any of the oldies like Circuit Max, and the step workouts, oh, and I never do the Imax 2 or 3--those are the only workouts I do not own, too "steppy" for me I guess. :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.