Are cathe workouts HIIT?

any comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated:

I've been reading a lot about the benefits of HIIT(high intensity interval training)
and wondered if any Cathe workouts qualify.

I have BM2, Drill max, LIC, bootcamp/ME, IMAX2/cardio&wts, KPC/L&G, kick max, GS(all3), pyramids. How could I adapt these to HIIT workouts?

I think her advance circuits ie: drill max, LIC and IMAX2(interval) could be anyway. am I wrong? any thoughts? thanks Kim

Real, true HIIT can not (and should not) be done for more than 20-25 minutes at a time. It is incredibly intense, gasping for air kind of cardio and in my opinion, none of Cathe's workout are true HIIT. If you do the Imax's or BM2 intervals with little to NO recovery time, topping out at the absolute top of your anaerobic threshold you're pretty much doing HIIT. But Cathe's workout are much too long and have too much recovery time to be called HIIT.
HTH.

Allison

I'm a little confused on the HIIT thing, too. So what I'm gathering is there should be little/no recovery time. Steady state/high/steady/high, lather, rinse, repeat? Like doing an IMAX, but w/out the recovery??

Nan

Actually HIIT can take various forms....

I am doing a program that calls for HIIT 2x per week.

1: 30 seconds extremely hard intensity - active rest 90 seconds - repeat 6-8 times

2: 60 seconds extremely hard intensity - 60 second active rest 60 seconds repeat 6-8 times

INTERVAL (HIIT) is going very hard for set period of time and then allowing your heart rate to recover foe set time.... If you are going to the absolute extreme during your required time you will not be able to go on longer than 6 or 8 intervals (as stated by another poster)

I use Cathe LowMax. Imas's but I do the blasts only segments for my alotted timeframe- pause dvd and do a non step activie recovery for required time. Works VERY well for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.