Are any Intensity videos able to be split in half?

Smitty58

I'm patiently waiting for my DVD's but for those of you that already have the VHS please fill me in. I've been in a real time crunch lately and will probably need to shorten the workouts. Will this be possible?
Also, If any of you have ideas on a short workout rotation they would be greatly appreciated (I presently have PH, BMAX, MIS, S&H, PS, Step Heat).
Thanks in advance,
Carolyn

I just have to admit that I think the best time crunch videos of all times are the CTX series! I tend to get the fastest and best workout with those. They are so easy to mix and match that you can basicly do anything you want.

I also love Circuit Max. It has saved the day so many times for me when I need cardio and weights.

I just got my new Intensity videos and have only done PUB and Cardio & Weights. I think the Cardio and Weights one could be used when short of time since the cardio/wts portion is like 40 minutes long I think!

Some of the other pros who have had the new vids longer might be ablt to give you more pointers on time saving techniques.

-LuvCardio http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport001.gif If Only I Can Be 1/2 the Woman my Dog Thinks I am!

I don't have mine yet (I'm waiting for DVD), but from what I have read, it sounds like the DVDs will have tons of options for those days when we just don't have time. For example, there will be pyramid up only, and a pyramid total-body one-hour workout. There will be just the cardio sections from Cardio & Weights. So - with the DVDs, there should be PLENTY of options to make the workouts shorter!

LuvCardio,
I've been toying with the idea of getting the CTX series but am hesitant to spend the money in case I don't like them. They sound so time efficient though I may have to breakdown and get them.
Carolyn

Carolyn,

Janice is right. CTX is worth every penny! Kickbox is so fun and it has moves that aren't in Cardio Kicks. Power circuit is like a mini Circuit Max but just with lower body weight segments.

That means that if you do the upper body weight segment from Body Max the next day you have covered all your bases-- even abs are at the end of Body Max! (That is if you already have Body Max.) The ab segments on CTX are to die for too. Each one is unique and has moves not found in the others.

If not, you could do CTX upper body on a day when you have a full hour plus five minutes- add time for pauses too- and Leaner Legs which clocks in way below an hour, like, 50 min (exact time I'm not sure).

I have exactly one hour each morning so I get a lot out of those 55 and 58 minute videos, and I tend to use a 64 minute video much more rarely. I do break them into segments.

-Connie

I've noticed there's several "time saver" bonus workouts on the new dvd's. Did you get the whole enchilada?

The new DVDs will be great to shorten your workout. They all have several pre-mixed combos. IMax II can be done 1st half (5 int) or last half (5 int). Pyramids can be done with pyramid up or down (instead of full pyramid), total body in 1 hr (combining PUB and PLB). C&W and Boot Camp can be done cardio only or strength only. So the choices are endless with the new DVDs...

As for the ones you've already have, you can split MIS into upper/lower body; S&H one body part a day; S&H 2 sets instead of 3 sets per exercise; BMax: Cardio only, Power Ckt only (I do this A LOT), Upper body. It's harder to split PH just because the legs section is not altogether, and I don't have Step Heat.

HTH
Haslina

Thanks for your ideas. It's so great to have so many people to get ideas from this forum is great. I am getting the whole enchilada so I'm looking forward to having a lot of options with the new dvds. I hear the CTX series calling my name too though!
Thanks to all of you,
Carolyn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.