April 2021 Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! This month we will be doing an updated version of my Rock Bottoms rotation! I’ve received multiple requests to update the workouts in this rotation and although the bonus butt workout (BBW) remains the same as the last Rock Bottoms rotation (why fix something that isn’t broken... wink!), the workouts have been updated for each week. This rotation is more aggressive than many of my others so please add an extra off day if needed or substitute a gentler workout wherever you need to. Remember, this is YOUR workout schedule and it must always work for you! Have fun, get plenty of water, plenty of rest and give me what you can! You’ve got this!

Bonus Butt Workout (abbreviated as BBW):

1) One minute of SQUATS with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds SQUAT JUMPS.

2) One minute of WALKING LUNGES with a 10 pound weighted vest (or with 8 pound hand weights per hand) chased by 20 seconds of deep controlled POWER SCISSORS.
3) One minute of PLIE SQUATS with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds ICE BREAKERS.

4) HAMMER PUNCH LUNGES… 30 per side (be controlled and FEEL THE WORK)

5) BARBELL DEADLIFT… 2 sets of 15 reps (slow & heavy reps)

WEEK ONE:

Mon: Perfect HiiT High Impact... …plus 50 alternating rear lunges (holding 8 pound dumbbells in each hand or wearing a weighted vest of poundage choice)

Tues: Lift It HiiT It Legs

Wed: Perfect Pump Upper Body

Thurs: Strong & Sweaty Bootcamp

Fri: Rock’m Sock’m Kickbox plus core segment of choice

Sat: Metabolic Blast ….plus BBW

Sun: OFF or Perfect Flow of choice

WEEK TWO:

Mon: X10 (warm up plus minimum of 3 segments)

Tues: HiiT Circuit Upper Body

Wed: Rev’d Up Rumble …plus 200 walking lunges (holding 8 pound dumbbells in each hand or wearing a weighted vest of poundage choice)

Thurs: PHA3 …plus BBW

Fri: Pefect HiiT Low Impact plus core segment of choice

Sat: Perfect Pump Lower Body

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Tabatacise

Tues: Lower Body Blast

Wed: Rockout Knockout plus core segment of choice

Thurs: Ramped Up Upper Body

Fri: Chiseled Lower Body Blast ... plus 200 weighted walking lunges

Sat: Supercuts…plus BBW

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Cardio Slam

Tues: Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes…. plus 50 alternating weighted rear lunges

Wed: Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body

Thurs: Metabolic Total Body

Fri: Lower Body Blast plus core segment of choice

Sat: Afterburn…plus BBW

Oh wow, this looks amazing and may hurt but in a good way so I am not worried!! Love the BBW add ons, this is something I can use with any rotation. Thanks Cathe :)

I wish just thinking about the old version, wishing there was an updated one. Thanks, I need a rotation like this.

Just yesterday I finished updating the workouts for an old Rock Bottoms to start in May. STS taking through mid-April. I will definitely be checking this out.

Thank you Cathe. I had been looking forward to an updated Rock Bottoms rotation. It looks great. I will also incorporate Xtrain Hip Thrust 100 rep challenge into the rotation once a week in light of your multiple blog posts on the importance of hip thrusts for strong glutes. I would love to hear your suggestions on which days it would be best to do them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cathe! :):):)
Like Peaceful Rainbow, I am in the home stretch of the STS (3.5 month) rotation. But I will definitely be doing this rotation for the month of May. So excited! :p:D

I am also curious as to Cathe's answers to the excellent questions noted above.

Will this be the April 2021 rotation for on demand subscribers? I am only not seeing April 2021 rotation through the app or my Roku.

thank you!

Thank you so much Cathe-this is so awesome!!! I also will be finishing up a round of STS end of April - now I know what I'm doing right after!!! One question on the Hammer Punch Lunges...I guess it doesn't matter & I'm thinking it's the one you do often where you hammer down in front of you into a lunge, or is it the one you do (I think in Butts & Gutts) where your feet are stationary & you lunge left to right, back & forth as you punch straight down?

Hi Everyone! This month we will be doing an updated version of my Rock Bottoms rotation! I’ve received multiple requests to update the workouts in this rotation and although the bonus butt workout (BBW) remains the same as the last Rock Bottoms rotation (why fix something that isn’t broken... wink!), the workouts have been updated for each week. This rotation is more aggressive than many of my others so please add an extra off day if needed or substitute a gentler workout wherever you need to. Remember, this is YOUR workout schedule and it must always work for you! Have fun, get plenty of water, plenty of rest and give me what you can! You’ve got this!

Bonus Butt Workout (abbreviated as BBW):

1) One minute of SQUATS with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds SQUAT JUMPS.

2) One minute of WALKING LUNGES with a 10 pound weighted vest (or with 8 pound hand weights per hand) chased by 20 seconds of deep controlled POWER SCISSORS.
3) One minute of PLIE SQUATS with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds ICE BREAKERS.

4) HAMMER PUNCH LUNGES… 30 per side (be controlled and FEEL THE WORK)

5) BARBELL DEADLIFT… 2 sets of 15 reps (slow & heavy reps)

WEEK ONE:

Mon: Perfect HiiT High Impact... …plus 50 alternating rear lunges (holding 8 pound dumbbells in each hand or wearing a weighted vest of poundage choice)

Tues: Lift It HiiT It Legs

Wed: Perfect Pump Upper Body

Thurs: Strong & Sweaty Bootcamp

Fri: Rock’m Sock’m Kickbox plus core segment of choice

Sat: Metabolic Blast ….plus BBW

WEEK TWO:

Mon: X10 (warm up plus minimum of 3 segments)

Tues: HiiT Circuit Upper Body

Wed: Rev’d Up Rumble …plus 200 walking lunges (holding 8 pound dumbbells in each hand or wearing a weighted vest of poundage choice)

Thurs: PHA3 …plus BBW

Fri: Pefect HiiT Low Impact plus core segment of choice

Sat: Perfect Pump Lower Body

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Tabatacise

Tues: Lower Body Blast

Wed: Rockout Knockout plus core segment of choice

Thurs: Ramped Up Upper Body

Fri: Chiseled Lower Body Blast ... plus 200 weighted walking lunges

Sat: Supercuts…plus BBW

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Cardio Slam

Tues: Boxing Bootcamp/Legs & Glutes…. plus 50 alternating weighted rear lunges

Wed: Strong Body Stacked Sets Upper Body

Thurs: Metabolic Total Body

Fri: Lower Body Blast plus core segment of choice

Sat: Afterburn…plus BBW

So very happy to see this! Thank you, Cathe!

Just wanted to thank you Cathe for this wonderfull rotation. I loved it so much that I’m doing it again !
Marta

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.