April 09' Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! Spring is in the air, so lets try to enjoy one workout a week outdoors if we can. This month will be moderate to heavy strength training and cardio to keep your metabolism rev's up for the month. Enjoy!

WEEK ONE:

Mon: Gym Style Legs
Tues: Run/walk outside for 45 minutes plus ab circuit of choice
Wed: Gym Style Back Shoulders Biceps
Thurs: Imax 3 plus ab circuit of choice
Fri: Body Max 2
Sat: OFF
Sun: Gym Style Chest and Triceps

WEEK TWO:

Mon: Pyramid Lower Body plus ab circuit of choice
Tues: Pyramid Upper Body plus 30 minute brisk walk outside
Wed: Maximum Intensity Cardio
Thurs: Imax 2
Fri: Pyramid Lower Body plus plus 30 minute outdoor run
Sat: Pyramid Upper body plus ab circuit of choice
Sun: Off

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Gym Style Back Shoulders Biceps plus ab circuit of choice
Tues: Imax original
Wed: Gym Style Legs plus 30 minute brisk walk outdoors
Thurs: Kick Punch and crunch
Fri: Gym Style Chest and Triceps
Sat: Indoor/outdoor biking for 45 minutes
Sun: OFF

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Pyramid Lower Body
Tues: Cardio and Weights
Wed: Kickmax
Thurs: Pyramid Upper Body plus segment one of Coremax
Fri: Pyramid Lower Body plus 20 minute run outside
Sat: Pyramid Upper Body plus segment two of Coremax
Sun: OFF

Enjoy!

Looks great!

Looking forward to this rotation-love the Pyramids and GS!! Hopefully by the 3rd week of the rotation, I can bike outsite--still have snow covered roads & trails up here in northern Minnesota :eek:

Thank you, Cathe! You are amazing!!

Lisa

Another reason I need to get the rest of the gym style series! I only have GS Legs! Plus I'm like 2 years behind! I'm still in August 07 haha

BRRR!! itis 80' here! think i'll stay here. doesn it ever get warm in n. minnesota?
cathy

Substitute for GS upper body

Does anyone know what would be a good sub for GS Upper Body? I have almost all of the other DVD's but those. I appreciate any response.
Thanks
Jill

Cany anyone suggest what I can sub for the following...
I am new to step and don't own nor could I do theese....

IMAX 3
IMax 2
IMax
Body Max 2
Maximun Intensity cardio

I have Drill Max, Boot Camp. 4DS, HIS, HSC, Muscel Max
I have ordered basic step and Low max

What is cardio & weights (it is in week four)?
Sorry to bombard you (lol)
thanks in advance for you advice

Jill (Soccermom), if you have the Pure Strength series, you can substitute those for the Gym Styles.

Hotdogsaregross (love the user name, btw! :)), this one is a bit tougher, but lets see about this:

1. For the IMAX workouts, you could always use LoMax. I believe it's the same concept (step combos followed by step blasts), but lower impact.

2. I would say, out of the DVD's you have, the best sub for Body Max 2 would be Drill Max. That way you get your cardio plus leg & upper body work. (BM2 is 1/2 hour step cardio followed by leg blasts on the step and upper body work at the end).

3. Maximum Intensity Cardio is 1/2 floor aerobics (no equipment) followed by 1/2 hour of step work. You could always do Boot Camp cardio only for the floor aerobics, followed by 4DS HIS for the step work.

4. Cardio & Weights is a circuit workout. You could sub HSC for that.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
I wanted to touch base and check on how this rotation would help with overall fat loss. I run every other day, and do a Cathe (or Firm) dvd on the alternate days. I am only working out about 4-5 days a week and need to lose the last 20 lbs, and of course working on cleaning up my eating. Is there a better rotation, one that incorporates running alternating with Cathe strength training, that would help?
Thanks,
Maggie

Thank you for the suggestions

Jill (Soccermom), if you have the Pure Strength series, you can substitute those for the Gym Styles.

Hotdogsaregross (love the user name, btw! :)), this one is a bit tougher, but lets see about this:

1. For the IMAX workouts, you could always use LoMax. I believe it's the same concept (step combos followed by step blasts), but lower impact.

2. I would say, out of the DVD's you have, the best sub for Body Max 2 would be Drill Max. That way you get your cardio plus leg & upper body work. (BM2 is 1/2 hour step cardio followed by leg blasts on the step and upper body work at the end).

3. Maximum Intensity Cardio is 1/2 floor aerobics (no equipment) followed by 1/2 hour of step work. You could always do Boot Camp cardio only for the floor aerobics, followed by 4DS HIS for the step work.

4. Cardio & Weights is a circuit workout. You could sub HSC for that.

Hope this helps! :)

Yes, thank you Jesuslives for the great suggestions and rundowns of each workout, it really helped :)
Happy Easter !

I wanted to post that this rotation rocked! DH and I are on the fourth week and let me tell you...it kicks your butt! Or is that Cathe kicks your butt?! :) We decided to use this rotation post STS and are ready for our next rotation of STS 3.5 with cardio next week. I am confident that we have not lost any of our Post STS strength gains. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.