approx times of workouts in new series?

WRITER

Cathlete
Can someone point me to the thread or announcement where the approximate times for the new workouts was given? I know I read it somewhere!

Times of new workouts

We haven't announced the times of the new workouts yet. This is something we really will not be able to answer until we are done filming and editing the new workouts.

Okay, thanks SNM. Do you know as of yet whether there will be some 60 minutes or longer options (either workouts or premixes) on the cardio dvds? Hope so, I love a long sweatfest with Cathe!

Last edited:
Longer Workouts

The industry trend is for shorter workouts and our new Low Impact workouts will follow this trend whenever possible. Interval workouts by nature have to be shorter anyway in duration as the length of the workout has to decrease when Intensity increases.

Too early say about premixes as they are made and created during the last step of production. Though these workouts may be shorter than you personally would like, you will certainly get the intensity that you expect from Cathe.

Love the idea of a shorter workout! I don't often have an hour or better to dedicate to a workout and this series sounds efficient and intense. Thanks cathe!

I personally enjoy and prefer longer workouts (like Body Max, Body Max 2, Low Impact Circuit, etc.). When workouts are longer, SNM typically includes 'timesaver' premixes for those who prefer shorter workouts, but on the flip side, for those of us who don't want shorter workouts, it's really tough to make a premix longer than the original workout, unless it contains repeat footage.

Oh well, you can't always get what you want. I am glad to hear that the intensity will be there. :)

My vote is for longer workouts! I just don't feel worked enough with the short workouts. :confused: Even with the Hiits, I have to do at least two of them to feel good. Please, I can always stop early if I am short on time, but when the workout is too short I feel cheated and have to break out another DVD.

However, whatever you choose, I will still love Cathe!

I personally enjoy and prefer longer workouts (like Body Max, Body Max 2, Low Impact Circuit, etc.). When workouts are longer, SNM typically includes 'timesaver' premixes for those who prefer shorter workouts, but on the flip side, for those of us who don't want shorter workouts, it's really tough to make a premix longer than the original workout, unless it contains repeat footage.

Oh well, you can't always get what you want. I am glad to hear that the intensity will be there. :)

Yes, I agree with you Jillybean. I love my one- hour Cathe workouts that have shorter premixes for when I'm pressed for time.

Whilst I enjoy Cathe's newer workouts Athletic Step and Step Moves, because they are under an hour I need to add on with CTX to make a good workout at around the 60 minute mark.

I do hope that if the workouts are shorter that there will be premix options for longer cardio!

Would it be a possiblity to put two workouts on a dvd and then create longer premixes?

Just a thought for those of us that like one hour and longer workouts.

Thanks!! :)

This was written on another forum by someone who attended the recent road trip. They wrote:

"The other tidbit I got, during a Q&A session, was that the Low Impact series will mostly be in the 40 minute range, because customers do not seem to want the longer 60-minute workouts anymore. She did say that at least one of the workouts will be close to an hour long, but that most were shorter than that".

Low Impact series Times

Just expand on this further...what Cathe was saying is that we hope to have most of the workouts come in in the 40 to 50 minute range, but this does not mean all workouts will be in this range. This is just where we hope most of the workouts land time wise. We really wont know accurate times until after filming and editing are complete in few more weeks.

Last edited:
My vote is for longer workouts! I just don't feel worked enough with the short workouts. :confused: Even with the Hiits, I have to do at least two of them to feel good. Please, I can always stop early if I am short on time, but when the workout is too short I feel cheated and have to break out another DVD.

However, whatever you choose, I will still love Cathe!

Yes, me too -- yesterday I did my ALL TIME favorite workout: Cathe's Hiit 40/20 + 30/30 + first wave of double wave. I was a sweaty, happy mess! Cathe's workouts got me where I am.

Thanks SNM for clarifying. I do hope there is a long cardio or two workout in the mix!

varity is the spice of life

I am glad to be able to add some shorter workouts to my library as to be able to do an intense yet full workout on days when time is of the essence and choose the longer ones on the days where I have more free time, I love premixes however you miss part of the intended workout and with these you do not have to choose what to omit.
Renee

Shorter or long workout for new serie

Hi,

I suggest long workout with an average of 60-70 minutes.

Short premixes of half an hour.;)

xxx

I also like the hour long workouts with the shorter premixes. The last series (and others) were great, in that they were shorter, and had longer premixes with new content. I loved the premixes on LBB and Intensity. I was also a little disappointed with Shock Cardio for that reason. IIRC, there weren't any hour long workouts and I really didn't like having a whole series of those shorter workouts. Most of the time, that's just not enough. Hopefully, there will at least be a variety of shorter and longer, with lots of premixes to suit everyone.;)

<snip>

Unless there's some bonus footage to lengthen the workout. I'd be OK with that, but I'm another who would love a longer workout with shorter premixes. (Don't know if it's too late to voice an opinion, but there you go!)

Really excited about this new series either way!

I also like the hour long workouts with the shorter premixes. The last series (and others) were great, in that they were shorter, and had longer premixes with new content. I loved the premixes on LBB and Intensity. I was also a little disappointed with Shock Cardio for that reason. IIRC, there weren't any hour long workouts and I really didn't like having a whole series of those shorter workouts. Most of the time, that's just not enough. Hopefully, there will at least be a variety of shorter and longer, with lots of premixes to suit everyone.;)

You will find a variety of workout times in the Low Impact series. keep in mind that you can certainly do steady state cardio for 60 minutes or longer, but you can't do "real" high intensity interval training for this length. It's just impossible for anyone, no matter how good of shape they're in to do high intensity cardio for 60 minutes or longer. Thus, HIIT workouts have to be shorter in duration than steady state cardio workouts.

Cathe's has always believed in a balanced approach to fitness and she believes a good workout program should include both HIIT and steady state workouts. The Hiit workouts will always be shorter than the steady state workouts, but both types of cardio have their advantages and disadvantages.

As for Premixes we always have Timesaver workouts and when we think it appropriate we also try to have few extreme premixes for those who like to push harder. Premixes will not be decided on until the very end of the production process, but we are certainly listening to everyone's requests.

(snip) when we think it appropriate we also try to have few extreme premixes for those who like to push harder. Premixes will not be decided on until the very end of the production process, but we are certainly listening to everyone's requests.

An extreme premix would be very cool! Thanks SNM for listening and responding :)

WRITER said:
An extreme premix would be very cool! Thanks SNM for listening and responding :)

Yes, I agree 100% with this. Thank you for listening to our requests for some longer options through the premixes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.