Apple Cider Vinegar

Pippadog1

Cathlete
Hi

I've been trying to incorporate this into my diet, by having it in water in the morning. However, I have to be honest its vile lol. I've tried it with a teaspoon honey, cinnamon and vanilla with water, but its still pretty rough. Does anybody else take it? I think I will probably just go back to lemon in hot water.

Any suggestions?

You can infuse your own herbs in it & then it's excellent over salad etc. with your chosen oil, like olive or flax. Vinegar is just not to everyone's taste. I think I am just a weirdo who loves anything vinegar, pungent etc. lol.
If you indeed hate it though & need the malic acid, you could try a supplement instead. Just a thought.

Hi

I've been trying to incorporate this into my diet, by having it in water in the morning. However, I have to be honest its vile lol. I've tried it with a teaspoon honey, cinnamon and vanilla with water, but its still pretty rough. Does anybody else take it? I think I will probably just go back to lemon in hot water.

Any suggestions?

If the purpose is to cleanse the digestive system, hot water should work. A good friend of mine who is chinese
introduced me to this. Lemon juice with hot water and a dash of stevia is another alternative.

I shall politely agree to disagree to anyone harassing my posts on this!!!!!

Last edited:
Vinegar is just not to everyone's taste. I think I am just a weirdo who loves anything vinegar, pungent etc. lol.

I agree with highlighted above. That said one, with will power, can change her/his taste bud
at any time.

:D:D Lol I do not think us used to and liking vinegar are weirdos!!!!
I am a vinaigrette chick.:):)

I am a vinegar lover and I have ventured enough to know which one I prefer to season various salads.
Balsamic vinegar, white one is a great condiment. It is a must have in my kitchen.
One should venture and discover which one is less acidic. Apple cider and Rice vinegar is not acidic:)

Last edited:
Just a bit of humor.....when I was a teenager, "many decades ago" we would mix vinegar and salt together and drink it.....trying to pretend
we were drinking beer, or something !! It wasn't too bad, actually, if I remember correctly....what we will do when we are young! :)

Recipe from my vinegar bottle:

1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 C Honey
1 Tsp. Fresh Ginger
1 Tsp Lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in a quart size container.
Fill container with water. Shake well.
Let sit overnight for best flavor. Enjoy!!
If this has been posted. My apologies.

Kombucha is another favorite of mine.

Last edited:
Hi

Any suggestions?
Hi! I understand what you are saying. I have had good luck with mixing the serving of apple cider vinegar into Strawberry Banana V-8 Fusion drink. It still has a little bitterness to it but its actually quite palatable and the strong flavors of the Fusion mask most of the ACV. Play with the ratio to see what you can tolerate. I did a 1:1 ratio.

is anyone doing this for acid reflux and if so, getting any results? I tried it for 2 days, and it didn't really help. :(

I do the same thing. I like the taste of vinegar plain and then follow it water. I don't do it daily, but I like the warmth I feel in my body after taking it.

Hi! To desertambrosia & healing11: Just curious, about how much straight vinegar do you aim to drink at a time? I've been trying to incorporate it into my daily routine more (diluted in water), but I like the idea of a quick vinegar "shot" and then the water. Thanks!

Hi! To desertambrosia & healing11: Just curious, about how much straight vinegar do you aim to drink at a time? I've been trying to incorporate it into my daily routine more (diluted in water), but I like the idea of a quick vinegar "shot" and then the water. Thanks!

I only do a tablespoon and honestly I don't always follow it with water. I don't do it daily, maybe 3 times a week, I need to be more consistent. My husband has been doing it daily mixed with water for about 2 weeks. He discontinued his hypertension medication and is trying the vinegar regimen. I'm not sure if his blood pressure has decreased yet, but there's a huge difference in his mood since he stopped the blood pressure medication.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.