appetite control..

bestican

Cathlete
Hello everyone! So I have a problem---after I work out after work, I really have no appetite, but now that it's close to bed--i am starved!

does anyone have any tips to help with keeping myself from binging at bedtime?

also, what does everyone do to keep their appetite in check?

thanks everyone!

BestICan

I don't really worry about when I eat or drink. I work shift work so my bio clock is crazy. I usually will drink a whey protein/milk after my workout. It seem to keep me from going carb crazy.

I use to get crazy hungry after my workout which lead to me snacking on everything LOL The protein drink is helping me lean out after trying everything to get those last few pounds to move.

Like I said I don't have a normal routine so it works for me. Hope you able to find something that works for you.

If I find that I'm hungry at bedtime I try to just drink a glass of milk. It seems to hold me over just fine through the night.

I have protein shake and a tablespoon of natural nut butter if I'm hungry at bedtime. I use ice cubes to make the shake thick. I'm the same as Cafelattee, if it fits into my daily micros, it doesn't matter what time of day I eat.
I don't sleep well if I'm hungry.

At bedtime I like to eat a big hot fudge sundae with whipped cream and pecans...just kiddin' ;).

I have been making yummy protein fluff before bedtime :p. Have you ever tried it? OMG delish! Here is a link to recipes:
Bodybuilding.com - Protein Fluff: 3 Quick And Easy Recipes!

As far as my appetite, I usually eat whenever I'm hungry TBH.

Natasha

Just reading this has me drooling. HOT FUDGE...YUMMY! We have a custard stand in our neighborhood with THE BEST hot fudge! I always get double fudge:p

I don't really worry about when I eat or drink. I work shift work so my bio clock is crazy. I usually will drink a whey protein/milk after my workout. It seem to keep me from going carb crazy.

I use to get crazy hungry after my workout which lead to me snacking on everything LOL The protein drink is helping me lean out after trying everything to get those last few pounds to move.

Like I said I don't have a normal routine so it works for me. Hope you able to find something that works for you.

What type of protein have you been using? Is it in addition to what you normally eat, or are you taking something else out? I'm curious if it would help me to drink a supplement or not. Thanks!

I don't really count carbs or calories. I do really feel like eating everything in sight after I workout LOL.

So I don't so much substitute the protein drink for anything I just find that it fills me up and curbs my hunger so I don't over eat. It works for me like the old appetite supressants.

I work 12-16 hours some days and get very limited meals. I live off protein bars and almonds. I then feel l like when i'm off its ok to keep my hand in the chip bag:eek: especially after I workout for a couple of hours (I do long workouts a few days a week do to schedule instead of working out daily)

I'm sorry I'm not much help.

I like the Pure Whey choc. and I mix one scoop with 6oz of skim milk.

Maybe the other can give you an idea about what works for them

At bedtime I like to eat a big hot fudge sundae with whipped cream and pecans...just kiddin' ;).

I have been making yummy protein fluff before bedtime :p. Have you ever tried it? OMG delish! Here is a link to recipes:
Bodybuilding.com - Protein Fluff: 3 Quick And Easy Recipes!

As far as my appetite, I usually eat whenever I'm hungry TBH.

Natasha

These recipes do look good - very similar to what I make, just not always keeping the protein powder on hand. I'm always afraid maybe I'm getting too much protein. But, I do agree PROTEIN FILLS YOU UP!!:rolleyes:

Hello everyone! So I have a problem---after I work out after work, I really have no appetite, but now that it's close to bed--i am starved!

does anyone have any tips to help with keeping myself from binging at bedtime?

also, what does everyone do to keep their appetite in check?

thanks everyone!

BestICan

Hi, you can drink Casein is good to drink before bed.

thank you--yes, i too have terrible work schedule...in addition to my regular day job i waitress a couple times a week at nite....then add in all the running with my boys after school, and my husband owns a business---i havn't had a regular schedule in years! so yes, i will look at those recipes, and I was thinking of looking up the casein powder and adding that to my nights that i work out and am starved at bedtime...just afraid to be adding too many calories before bed!

Refined coconut oil, to me, has a neutral flavor. Unrefined tastes like, well, coconut. I actually love the unrefined on toast (Dave's Killer Sprouted Bread), in my oatmeal, mixed with cocoa powder in my oatmeal, using in to pan roast broccoli, just about everything. It has a slight sweetness thats really good and satisfying. I use the refined stuff to make the chocolate magic shell stuff for ice cream for the kiddos, they love that. So they both have a place in my world.

Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.