Anyone now or ever done step every other day on a regular basis

StepEdith

Cathlete
I've polled and decided it's not a good idea to do step every day or two days in a row end of story.

Now I am trying to find out if anyone does step every other day or has on a ongoing basis. Did you have any overuse injuries from this.

I am also including I-Max and other interval videos in this as I think some don't consider interval step workouts to be the same, but I do.

Love
Edith
;-)

I did when I was younger, 20s and mid 20s, but now in my mid-30s it bothers my knee too much. My older sister taught 4 step aerobic classes a day, 5 days a week for about 8 years and never had any problems. She was probably also in her mid 20s.

Colleen

I used to do step 5 or 6 days/week - for about 2 or 3 years, and never had any problems. Now I try to get in strength and kickboxing, so I don't do as much. But - I think it is a personal thing - what bothers one person will not bother someone else. Try it and see how your body does!!!

I use to do step everyday but my ankles got the best of me.So, now I incoporate step,kick boxing, weight training and running.This keeps any injuries that I may have had in the past, far away.
Lori

Yes I used to do Keli Roberts Ultimate step 5 days a week and only cut down because my sister thought it was overkill.

Babs

It's best not to ANY high impact activity five days a week, whether it be step, running, or whatever. I know it's hard to not give into the temptation for all of us who love step. If I had legs that were made of kryptonite (that Superman stuff), I'd do step every day.

Just Do It! :)

Cathe step workouts are clearly my favorites, and I have to remind my self not to do them on consecutive days or to do too many per week.

I have suffered from an over use injury: Plantar Fascitis. And when I do too many step workouts in one week, I can feel it returning.

Also, if you happen to do step often or do any type of high impact, be sure to stretch in addition to what is offered at the end each video. I like to throw Karen Voight's Yoga Sculpt in my mix at least every other week if not every week to get some extra stretching in. (Unfortunately my VCR ate that tape last week, and now I don't have that option)

Maybe I will post to see who has stretching/yoga videos that they recommend.

Judy
Live by the golden rule: treat others as yourself :)

I used to do step everyday with no problems - I did this for over a year. But that was before I knew about crosstraining - now I make sure that I include lots of different activities in my rotations.
Erica

I also used to when I was in my 20's but have since changed to doing cardio 4 days and strength 3 with 1 day off(one cardio day is combined w/ strength). My body responds better to the change also. My knees are much happier too! ;-) Susan

Uggh...this is good for me to read. I'm 25 and I'm a big psycho and I do high impact at least six days a week (running and step--more often step) and let me tell you--maybe I could do it when I was 19 but I am paying with my knees now. The problem is that I am really prone to building tons of muscle, which I don't want to do, so I don't like a lot of weight training but I want to work out every day.

Anybody do yoga? What else can you alternate with besides stretching, or do I have to just get a grip and exercise 3 or 4 times a week like a "normal" person ? ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.