anyone here in on the pinterest craze?

I think I am only one on planet that doesnt "get it" .. I am on there .. and dont quite know what to do with it .. ???? lots of interesting stuff .. but not sure what the purpose is >>> :confused:

Here is my basic understanding, along with "what not to do" which I found out on my own. :p

1. You can download a little button that sits up on your bookmark or menu bar, and when you're browsing around the internet and see something, anything you like, you "pin" it (by clicking the Pin It button). It could be a recipe, a cool lamp, a book, a quote .... and then you can sort them onto Boards. After a while, you can pull up a Board and get a general idea of say, your style. Or things you want to read. Or in my case, buy.

2. You can also go to the Pinterest site and see other people's pins and re-pin them. It's easy to get lost looking for a great knitting pattern or an idea for a backsplash.

3. Your friends can "follow" your pins (and there is a lesson here) by being notified when you pin something. And you can follow them, or anyone else on Pinterest.

So I was reading The Bloggess, who has a pretty snarky, hilarious, and possibly inappropriate sense of humor, and I clicked on a link of things she pinned. Of course I was laughing at those as well, pinned one that had a bad word every other word, not realizing all my friends and followers were notified that I repinned it! Kinda funny, kinda like way back when I joined Facebook and sent an invitation to EVERYONE in my address book. Including my CPA .... school superintendent ..... etc.

Danya, thanks so much for sharing that 'tutorial' :D I now have a somewhat better idea of what the heck I'm doing on the board now!

Love Pintrest!! I get sooo many ideas from it, and Ive redecorated some rooms. Lots of good recipes and inspirational quotes too. If you ever feel like Not working out go there to the fitness board and read some quotes. Youll be instantly inspired to workout.

OH-MY-GOODNESS :eek:

Now I know why everyone is nut job crazy about this website. One word...
ADDICTIVE

I refuse to set up my own page because I know between that website and this forum, I may never see the light of day :D:D.

Natasha

I love, love, love pinterest!! :D:D:D:D

I have found so many diy's and gardening information.

LOVE IT!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.