Anyone have results using the beginner roatation?

Road2ANewMe

Cathlete
I am thinking of doing the beginner rotation since its been forever and a day since i've had a workout routine. I do a few days here and there, then take a month off! Time to stop that bad habit and create new ones!

Anyone recommend this rotation to start back with?
Jessica

Yes I did use the beginning rotation and saw great results! I did the beginner rotation twice before I moved onto anything else. Not only did I lose weight, but also toned up and increased my stamina.

I now do a rotation of my own that involves the Gym Style Weight DVD's, Rhythmic Step, Step Blast, and Cardio and Weights. (and am 30 pounds lighter) I am in fairly good shape and would not have been able to accomplish it without the beginner rotation.

I say go for it! Its a great way to establish a higher fitness level and move up to the harder, more intense DVD's. Good Luck!

I am thinking of doing the beginner rotation since its been forever and a day since i've had a workout routine. I do a few days here and there, then take a month off! Time to stop that bad habit and create new ones!

Anyone recommend this rotation to start back with?
Jessica

I absolutely recommend the beginner rotation. I had great results when I started with Cathe's beginner rotation. I did the recommended beginner rotation then moved on to intermediate. It was the start of a beautiful fitness journey for me. Now, I've moved on to more advanced rotations, but I credit everything to starting with the beginner rotation.

Good luck.

Carmen.

i outgrew the beginners rotation pretty quickly because i realized i was not a beginner in the area of strength training, only in step and cardio endurance. i did continue to use the rotation as an outline, though, plugging in more advanced weight work and circuits as i purchased them. basic step, body fusion, and LIS def stepped up my endurance and also helped me learn step moves (i can do cathe's more advanced step routines now). but i did not stick with the beginners rotation as written. hope this is helpful...

wendy

Have you checked out FitnessFreak's Beginner/intermediate/advanced rotation?

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236312

If you are not a "true beginner" you may get bored with Cathe's beginner rotation, as the previous poster mentioned. I am currently working through FF's rotation because I had to change my workout schedule to doing it first thing in the morning. So far it is working out great to get me up and working out as soon as I get out of bed.

I did do Cathe's rotation when I first started back to working out a couple of years ago and got good results with it once I modified my diet. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

I absolutely recommend the beginner rotation. I had great results when I started with Cathe's beginner rotation. I did the recommended beginner rotation then moved on to intermediate. It was the start of a beautiful fitness journey for me. Now, I've moved on to more advanced rotations, but I credit everything to starting with the beginner rotation.

Good luck.

Carmen.

Ditto! When i first started with Cathe i did this rotation and saw excellent results. And also moved on to the intermediate rotation!

i outgrew the beginners rotation pretty quickly because i realized i was not a beginner in the area of strength training, only in step and cardio endurance. i did continue to use the rotation as an outline, though, plugging in more advanced weight work and circuits as i purchased them. basic step, body fusion, and LIS def stepped up my endurance and also helped me learn step moves (i can do cathe's more advanced step routines now). but i did not stick with the beginners rotation as written. hope this is helpful...

wendy

Thanks for this! I am thinking of doing her beginner rotation but substituting for the strength training. I am not a beginner to strength training...so I might sub the pyramids for whatever it is she calls for!

Thanks so much!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.