Anyone have any new goals?

lorihart

Cathlete
I have one....Im excited to! I will be 27 in one week from today and over the next couple of years I am going to kick it up a knotch and I am going to look better by 30 then I did when I was 26. Im going to start training harder, smarter, and train for a few 1/2 marathons. And of course, clean up my eating. I don't have weight to lose as such but I know I can improve on my appearance and get more muslce definition. Maybe I won't be so devasted when I turn 30.
Lori :)

Good for you Lori.

I don't have any new goals right now but once October comes and I have this baby I want to get in the best shape I've ever been it. I know that it is going to take a lot of hard work and time and I know that I won't see results overnight but I"m really going to commit myself to this.

Ah, Lori - don't worry about turning 30! It's not so bad - been there, done that, you know. I am working on 40, by the way - it'll be here in three years.

My goal (which I've been yacking about all over this forum) is to lose the cellulite and improve my legs. Lots of people have been incredibly helpful in helping me come up with good rotations, giving advice about weights, etc.

Good luck to you, and have fun as you do it!

Yes, I do. I turned 49 in March. Do you know that line in Men In Black when Will Smith says to Tommy Lee "The difference between you and me is that I make this look good" referring to the black suit? That's my goal for being 50. I want to make 50 "look good". And feel good too! I want to be the best damn 50 I can possibly be! That's my new goal.

-Nancy

Hi,

I'm with you Lori. I turned 28 in February and want to come into my 30s lookin' good! I do have about 10# or so I'd like to lose as well. What kind of workouts have you been doing?

Shannon--how are you coming on slimming your lower body? What kind of rotations have you been focusing on? I ask because that is my problem area as well.

Thanks!

-Thea

Hi Lori,

I'm with you, I'll be turning 28 in a couple of months. My new goal is to get stronger, I want a big more strength since I have to spot the football players when the bench press, some of these guys bench 350 or better. Which is almost 3 times my own weight. The best I can offer them is to take about 30 pounds of that barbell, so they can racket back up, themselves. Which is a standard for when your spotting more they you weigh, but I'd liked to be able to give them little more then 30 if I needed to.

Kit

Lori - I like this goal! I just turned 27 and have been dreading the big 3-0. But if I'm in better shape at 30 than I was at 20, then what do I have to worry about? :) I'm with you on this goal.

My main goal is to drop 10-15 pounds that I have been wanting to do for a while now. I love Cathe and the strength and cardio capacity gains that she has given me but I know that if I would clean up my eating, I could lose those pounds and drop some inches. I'm 33 and I know that my metabolism has been changing since I hit 30. I can no longer eat like a pig and not expect to gain a few pounds.

Seeing all the pictures from the road trip has really inspired me. These ladies are doing the same workouts I am (mainly Cathe) and yet they look fab and I look a bit flabby. I am determined to change that.

My goals are:

*Clean up my eating. No more junk food, mindless eating, trolling for food when I am not hungry. Control portion sizes.
*Drop at least one dress size to a size 4.
*Drop at least 10-15 pounds (from my current 140 on my 5'4" frame to be 125-130 although 115-120 would make me sooo happy!)
*Keep with a rotation!! I have started so many and stop them after a week. My goal now is to do: Mon - Full body or LB, Tue - Cardio (step), Wed - FB or UB, Thu - Imax 1,2,3 or Low Max, Fri - circuit, Sat - kickbox, Sun - hi/lo. I plan to add some yoga/stretching/pilates in there somewhere and try to do ab work every day or every other day.
*Take a rest day if necessary depending on how I feel.

Exercising has never been my problem. Since I started last summer, I have faithfully worked out every day, taking a rest day here or there when needed. The thing that has held me back is eating so #1 for me is cleaning up my diet!

Sorry this is soooo long! :eek: :)

Love that line Nancy!
I turned 35 this year. I used to be in decent shape before I had my sons. This is so corny, but my goal is to get back in shape and be a "Mom that's got it goin' on!" I know that sounds stupid but that is it.

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Hi Ladies,

This is a great thread. I think a fitness goal is just what i need right now. I have been so sporadic... I have been gettin my running in, but just hit and miss on the weights.

I turned 35 this month and I want to go in to my 40s looking fine.

My goal is to continue my running, but also making the weight lifting just as important. I have also been trying to eat cleaner. I also need to continue that.
I am thinking of doing the freestyle training again.. My next step is to get a rotation together and stick with it!!!

Beverly

Good Morning!

Kali - I hear you! I feel the same way. Most of my kids friends think that I'm just their sister but my body is showing other signs. :p

Nancy - I like that line from MIB! :) I think you are going to be a Fabulous 50!!

I still working on being a decent 40. I've let my workouts slide completely. It's hard getting back on the fitness band wagon after taking time off for various medical reasons. I'm slowly coming back around though! I can see the wagon in the distance........... :7 :+

Take care,
Angie

Angie,

Freestyle training is working the legs 4-6 days a week. You don't lift heavy as you can though. There is quite a bit of talk on the forums about it, if you want to do a search. There is also a book.

Beverly

My goal is to clean up my diet. I have always tried to eat healthy but I know I can do better. I am trying that fitday website to see if it helps me keep track of what I am eating. It's funny but so far having to write down what I am eating is helping me to make healthier choices.
Cath :)

I will turn 40 in three years and want to look the best I ever have. I am eating pretty clean, but I need to clean it up even more. When I get over this stupid injury, I want to hit it hard.

1. I want to be back to a size 7, I am a size 9 now.
2. As someone else said, I would like to complete a rotation before quiting after a week. I wonder why that is?
3. Would like to remove cellulite from the back of my legs.
4. Be more consistant with doing my ab. Want to do them 5 days a week.
5. Want to recognize when I am overdoing my workouts.
6. And also want to firm up those glutes!!!!!!

Hey this is a cool thread!

kim

Thea -
Well, I just actually started last week, so I'm still going through a bit of a "shock phase." Way, way too early to see any results yet. And I'm still kind of playing with the rotation, to see what works best with my schedule, and for my legs. But at the moment:

Monday - weights: arms
Tuesday - cardio, focusing on lower body (KPC, KM, or LM)
Wednesay - weights: legs (I have LL, L&G, and PLB, but I just got them last week. Before that, I was doing a short workout on an old weight bench, so this is quite a change for me)
Thursday - It'll either be another full cardio day, or a short cardio split with leg exercises - maybe just toning (as in the conditioning drills from KM - we'll see what works best)
Friday - off

Weekends are "killer" -
Saturday - Cardio plus arms
Sunday - cardio plus legs

I also make sure I get at least three days of abs in there. I'm trying to drink more water, which is a real effort for me, and also working to clean up a few areas of my diet (as in eliminating trans fats).

Sorry for the loonnng answer - but that about describes it so far!

After seeing Cathe, Cedie, Brenda, Lorrayne and my fellow roadtrippers last weekend, I definitely have a goal! You guys have all inspired me to stop making excuses, stick to my diet, and lose my extra fat!

I am starting by doing the Hardcore Fat Loss Rotation for 4 weeks. After that I'm not sure. I'm going to look at some other Cathe rotations and decide.

The main thing for me will be cleaning up my diet and saying "NO" to all the tempting treats here at the office. I don't know about the rest of you, but my co-workers are always bringing in treats. If they're not bringing in treats, someone is going for a Murf's run (frozen custard). Ugh! I'm going back on the Body for Life eating plan for 12 weeks. I hope to post back mid-October and let you know how I did.

Sue

Shannon-

Thanks for the answer---keep us posted on how you are doing. I was thinking of try the August '04 rotation soon.....

-Thea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.