Anyone have any new goals?

Thea - I looked at the August rotation (at least, I think that's the one) and got a few ideas from it. But my personal preference is CARDIO, and I wanted to make sure I got a lot of that in, even if it slows the results I'm looking for. So that's why I kind of made up my own.

Sounds shallow, but that's exactly why I work out - I want to look good! Being healthy is a nice bonus, but I like fitting into the "skinny" pants.
Just Do It! :)

What a great thread, Lori!

I am 37, and want to look better at 40 than I do now! I know that's a long-term goal and it will take many smaller goals to reach that.
I started freestyle training about 2 weeks ago to shape up my legs. I am going to increase my weights to add definition to my upper body.

I also want to stick to a rotation and so far, so good!

I also want to attend the road trip next year!!

I also want to stop eating the "office treats". Around here, it's not usually my co-workers who bring stuff; it's usually the clients! That is one of my serious downfalls! (Cuz they never bring anything healthy!)

I want to keep eating clean and keep away from the sweets which I gave up about 2 months ago and instantly lost 8lbs. It was unbelievable. I have still been eating a lot of food, but just the right ones. I also want to try to incorporate rest days into my workouts and some yoga. The hard part for me is maintaining the weight loss. I have to take it one day at a time with the food. I am definitely a food addict.

Susan

Yes: I turned 40 this year and have just lost three years of productive life to depression. I can do Cathe workouts til the cows come home, but the truth is, exercise alone cannot do more than chip small dents in the depression of the clinically depressed. Which I now accept I am.

So, I have finally accepted to start a new medication regime in a desperate and honest attempt to find long term solutions and treatments that will help me get back closer to the me I used to be. I started it a month ago, with the first medication. I now have to add in the second anti-depressant medication and play a waiting game and see if it helps.

My goals have nothing to do with losing pounds, increasing weights, increasing endurance. All of that has taken a back seat. I haven't ;ifted a weight for a month and my step has cobwebs.

My goal is to get better, to get well, to not let depression rule my life: to fight back and reclaim my life for me.

Please wish me well. I could do with some kind thoughts right now.

Thanks for listening,

Clare

MY MAIN GOAL right now is to FINALLY be able to do those levitation holds from CoreMax. It's the only Cathe move I can't do...and it's driving me NUTS!!!

(Oh...and, yes...to go on the ROAD TRIP again next year!!!)

:) MEECHER

Lori,
I turn 35 next week and my 30's have been some of my best years. Don't let turning 30 devastate you, plus you do have a few years to go.;) Anway, I am more physically fit than I have ever been and I'm more confident and comfortable in my own skin. I'm secure in my job(albeit frustrating and stressful) and to be honest, I wouldn't go back to my 20's. All that to say, enjoy the time you are in right now and don't worry about turning 30 and keep making those goals. My goal never changes...give up M&M's and lose 10 pounds.:p
Angela :7

Clare, thoughts & prayers are with you. I know how debilitating depression can be. I have found that exercise, while seeming impossible, is a powerful tool to help relieve some of the depression. A Cathe workout may be too much, but just a walk will help. "Just take one more step" & "don't think, just move" have proved to be good mantras. I wish you the best.

OK all you young chicks, I'm going for "Sensational at 60!" One look at my peers is enough motivation! Adding muscle is almost impossible at this age, but flexibility, stamina & maintaining muscle are key goals for the next 2 years:7

Clare, I wish you all the best and honestly think that you are doing wonderfully well! In my opinion, the quality of a person is not in the hand they are dealt, but rather in how they play it. You are a fighter, and I, for one, applaud you.

-Nancy

P.S. Sent you a PM.

Well, the 30's have passed me by and I can't believe I am saying this, but I am pressing onto the 60's with a good attitude. Otherwise, what would I have to look forward to??? My main problem is eating clean which I have made great strides this year after being so educated from you all here. I plan to keep working hard at it since exercise is no problem. (Thank goodness for my classes & Cathe workouts!) Clare, I've been AWOL so much lately and been wondering how you are doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and also hoping that the second med is just what you need. Thinking of YOU!!! HUGS!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Sure do. Post road trip fever is still keeping me going - just having that mental image of Cathe, Cedie, Brenda and Lorrayne gives me such a high. Remember - I'm the one who was so upset when my FIL surmised that I was going to a "fat farm" for the road trip. My goal is to work it so that he can't even think of fat farm and me in the same thought process.

I was 127 pounds pre road trip and 125 when there. Cathe gave me some wonderful training pointers though. She said that whatever regime you undertake you have to give it at least 6-8 weeks to see how your body adjusts. For that length of time, it may take you up to a year to find the proper balance that works for you.

So I came back and have really committed to losing pounds. My focus is 2 days of circuit plus an extra cardio (elliptical or running) and one day of strength (I'm doing S&H now) plus a Cathe cardio (IMAX's, SB, etc.) And clean eating all the way. I really want this routine for that 6-8 weeks. I think it's happening - yesterday I came in at 123 - lower than I've been since high school - and I'm 42. My goal is just to keep this edge going and not let "life interfere" which I know is pretty lofty. But that's why they're goals right?

Thanks

Lorrie

Wow...didn't realize there were so many goals. It would nice to have a check in but I know we are talking about a "work in progress". Could take a while to get where we all want to be.
I would also like to stop looking at the scale and stop thinking that a magical number is all I need.
It is so funny though b/c I am 5'4" and weigh 128. When I was at my moms house the last time she weighed herself and she was 119 lbs, then she always has to ask how much I weigh. I won't tell her b/c she gets joy out of weighing less then her daughter. Instead I said "here mom try these on" and I through my pants her way. My size 5 pants stopped at her hips and wouldn't go up any further. So we really can't go by the number on the scale...but I can't get that through my thick skull!
Lori (glad to know I am not alone):)

That is hilarious Lori..... I am turning 30 next week, and I always said that I wanted to have a perfect butt by 30. Now, I am thinking that 31 might be the year of the perfect butt....

You can do it. ;)
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.