Anyone from Chicago?

lcobb2

Cathlete
Hello all,

I'm just seeing if there are any Cathe fans from the south suburbs of Chicago? I grew up in Orland Park, but my parents now live in Homer Glen. I went to Victor J. Andrew High School ('91), Illionis State University ('95, '97), and Purdue University ('02). Now I live in Germany.

Anyone out there?

Laura

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

Hey Laura! I lived in Carpentersville, Il (for 2 years) and went to school at St. Edwards in Elgin ('91). I graduated from Millikin University in '95 (in Decatur, Il) and actually attended ISU for around a year for some grad/additional undergrad stuff while I was living in the Bloomington/Normal area. I wouldn't say I'm *from* Illinois, but I feel very familiar with it! :)

Carolyn

Oh, and as you know, I live in Heidelberg too! It was good seeing you at the gym last weekend! :)

I was born in the North Suburbs - Evanston to be exact and grew up in Skokie. I left there in 1989 and moved to a small town in Georgia. I miss the food. You can't get a decent pizza down here. :)

From Ill my whole life. 1st Metamora til I was 7 or 8, and Joliet ever since then. The Taste of Chicago is coming up soon. I'd go for all the food, but I just can't deal with thousand of sweaty smelly drunk people. And the TRAFFIC - oy!!! I think there was a case of food poisoning that went around there last year, too. Yuck.

Nan

I'm in Evanston and Skokie every week it seems. :)

My memories from the Taste: Shirtless people who shouldn't be shirtless...ever. x(

And I swear, the pizza is one of the reasons I haven't moved to a warmer climate.

Hey Laura! I'm a Boiler too ('92)

I was born in Elk Grove Village and lived in Itasca until I was 10. Moved to Dallas; went back up north for college (Boiler UP!) and now live in Dallas.

And this is my very first Cathe post, so thanks for bringing me out of lurking! :)

HI, what a small world. I now live in Denton, Texas but I grew up in Orland Park,(I lived in fairway) I went to Carl Sandburg High but I graduated in 1980. My stepfather was the police chief back in the 70's. My birth father was a part-time police officer until he was accidentally shot)(1973) I always enjoyed Orland days carnival.

Debbie:)

I was born in Chicago and then grew up in the south suburbs - Burnham(by Hegewisch) and Lansing (near the Indiana border).

Wahhhh! I just wanted to say that I just moved from Chicago last month...(North shore - Glencoe) I miss it!

I rarely post, but I was born in West Humboldt Park. You all are too young to remember but I lived right near Our Lady of Angels and was 2 when the school burned and all those children died. We moved to Berwyn when I was in high school and I went to Morton West HS and graduated from ISU in 1978...I currently live in Phoenix, but I miss it and want to go back. There are lots of Chicagoans in Phoenix... I am a diehard cubs fan...this could be the year:7

I miss the theater, sports, improv, pizza and Jimmy's hot dogs. :)

I grew up in Des Plaines. I worked in Elk Grove Village for several years. Moved to WI for about 7 years and then onto MN about 15 years ago. I get back home a few times a year because I still have family down there. Everytime there is a post about Chicago, it makes me home sick. Oh,and I agree, the pizza is the best.

Joanne

Yep!
I live on the north side of the city. We just moved from Bucktown to River Park North.

We talked about making a move to the suburbs when I got pregnant last fall, but just couldn't bring ourselves to leave downtown!

Love Germany, by the way! I was born in Frankfurt (dad in Army), and have been back to visit Munich and Bavaria a couple of years ago.
Where do you live there?

Wendy AKA "Boilergal",

Don't be shy! Keep posting. I'm glad my post brought you "out of the cubicle." Tee hee.

Debbie AKA "Deborahj",

Small world indeed! I grew up at 151st St. and 80th Ave. I used to work at Junior's Hot Dogs near 151st St. & Harlem Ave and also Traverso's Restaurant at 157th & Harlem.

"Melimcn",

I live near Heidelberg. My husband is stationed there. I ran the Frankfurt marathon twice and the Munich marathon once. Both were great races. My husband will retire from the Army in April 2009 and we'll return to Chicago in December 2008. Wouldn't it be great to meet up with folks in Chicago for a little road trip of our own? I just justify coming to NJ this summer when I'll be back in the States later this year. I really want to go to Cathe's gym.

Laura

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

Hello there! I'm near Bloomington, IL. (and my dh graduated from ISU in '98!)

I'm a couple hrs south of Chicago, but waving hello!

Hi Jess,

I lived in Normal/Bloomington from 1991--1997 when I attended ISU. Love the Redbirds!

I graduated from Waubonsie Valley HS in Aurora (we actually lived in Naperville though) - class of '96! I'm also a Boiler - Go Purdue!!! Materials Engineering, class of '01. Now I live near Peoria. My parents still live in the Chicago suburbs, so I'm up there a lot. :)

Oh, cool!! We lived in Normal for 2 years until my dh graduated. Only time I've ever been *Normal*. LOL Now my BIL will graduate this year and I have 2 cousins there. Great school! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.