Anyone else have/use the old Firm barbell?

medieval7

Cathlete
I was just curious, since I have one and use it. I like that it's padded for good grip and neck comfort.

Susanne

I use mine all the time as a balance stick... just got it out with 4DS to get those low end lunges down....

I still use mine everyday! I bought it when it first came out a loooongggg time ago! I think it;'s a perfect size.
jen

Hmmm...I have one, but I haven't used it for a while. I do like the padding on it, and the length, and the thicker handle is actually good for grip training, perhaps.

I did have to buy new 'grippers' for it, because the original ones started to be too loose.

I sliced the foam off mine and use it as a shoulder cushion. I wrapped it with tennis racquet tape. I like the skinnier bar, but the short length.
I like the collars on it . easy to change weights.
Mine is from when the 1st firm came out . I even use the old wooden steps at times. I have the 10 and 17"..(great step stools)
I do like the high steps stability much more..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

I still use mine all the time. However, I think I may have to get a new barbell as the Firm barbell will only hold up to 50 pounds. I have maxed it out for the back work in 4DS and it's too easy.

I stil use mine all the time. I got mine when they first came out and I had 60 pounds on mine just the other day for one of the 4DS workouts.

Robin

Annette Bethel

A friend of mine had an extra one. Use it when I do videos if required. I keep that one loaded heavy. I still have my Danskin barbell which I load light.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.