Anyone else envious of Cathe's workout wear collection LOL

Hmmm, I've never cared about "cute" or too much to chose from when it comes to clothing of any kind. I just want stuff that fits and works for what I do and that I can afford.

Cathe does have great taste! I enjoy seeing her outfits. :) Sometimes I wish I could ask people in the Live class what they are wearing too. There are some cute leggings people find. (Probably better for my wallet that I don't know!!)

Hmmm, I've never cared about "cute" or too much to chose from when it comes to clothing of any kind. I just want stuff that fits and works for what I do and that I can afford.
I used to feel like you do...just having something and getting my workout in was all I cared about.

Over time, however, my exercise time became therapeutic. So I began to spend time choosing the clothes, and creating an organized and pleasant exercise environment. It has really enriched the therapeutic experience for me. :cool:

Lady Vol Fan .... I got a chuckle. Years ago I was the person in sweatpants (or shorts in summer) & cotton T's in the back of group exercise classes, even during the leotard & thongs era of the 1980's. They'd be soaked & soggy by the end of class & i wore them proudly as an indication of my hard work ... hahaha. A few years ago ( maybe quite a few) Cathe had an article on the blog/newsletter about the importance of your workout clothes which prompted me to start switching up my workout clothes ... no more soggy cotton T's for me ... the tech shirts really make me feel more comfortable with sweat management & the compression tights really do make impact workouts more comfortable & less distracting. I wouldn't necessarily wear those tights/yoga pants/whatever they're-called in public like many women do, but they're fine for my home workouts. And I like your concept of workout time being therapeutic, cuz it actually is. & I agree, the outfits can enhance the experience.

I'm the same. I feel I workout harder, better when I think I look good.
I've done workouts in my old sweats, or in what I've worn all day, and its almost always an "eh" workout
But if I take that 10 min to pick and change into a "workout outfit" its like it sparks something in my brain that says "Its time to train" and I have a better attitude to go into my workout with,

I lay out my workout clothes the night before and put them on as soon as I get up. Get my morning chores and my coffee done — downstairs to the gym. Getting dressed in my “uniform” ensures I get my workout done before it’s time to start my “real day”. If I tried to do that in just whatever I had lying around, it would never happen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.