Anyone done all 3 HiiTs in one bout?

Aquajock

Cathlete
Greetings, sportsfans, I will be belatedly inaugurating Shock Cardio this coming Monday, and I wanted to see if anyone has done an HiiT Grand Slam? Given that this will be a morning workout with a lot of fresh caffeine in the system, I think it would be a good kick-off.

Anyone done this yet? If so, how did it go?

TIA -

A-Jock

Glad to see you are feeling better!

I have done all three separately but no Grand Slam:confused: I think 30/30 and Pyramid could be done together but 40/20 is a toughie! If anyone can do it, you can. Let us know how it goes.

A-Jock

I just finished previewing the HIIT workouts about 5 minutes ago. Individually they don't seem like "enough".

What I was thinking is to tack one on to the beginning of a plyo legs workout. I had been doubling up on the blast portions of plyo legs because after Insanity, plyo legs (which I love, love, love) got a little easy-ish. I didn't want to increase the weight load that I was using because I do a heavy leg workout later in my rotation.

I had not considered doing all 3 HIITs together. But hmmm..it has possibilites, I'll be thinking about you on Monday a.m. Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck,
Debbie Russo

I've done 40/20 twice in a row. It was a good workout. Doing just once didn't cut for me...that day!?

Not that, but I just pumped out Circuit Blast and Dbl Wave Pyramid. THAT was nice. Let us know how it goes A-Jock - and ENJOY!

I've done all three in a row twice. The first time, I was pretty wiped out after 40/20 and did not push as hard in 30/30 and DWP. The next time I did it, I lowered my risers in 40/20 so I was using an 8" step instead of 12" and I wasn't as fatigued. I think next time, I'll try it with a 10".
Erica

I did 30/30 and 40/20 with the STS med ball abs in between. I was DONE at the end, but it wasn't bad. I think the abs provided the break I needed. Haven't tried or thought about stringing all 3 together.

Nan

I have done 30/30 after a 20 minute sprint workout. I would like to try 2 back to back but 3 might be pushing it! Something to aspire too!

Mary

Hi! I have done each of the 3 HIIT workouts. As stand alone, each is too easy and not long enough. Therefore, I do each one 3 times in a row for a good 50-55 minute workout. None of them is too bad...the most challenging one is the 40/20, but still doable. I have not yet tried stringing them all together as one, though. I like to do each as their "individual" style type. I was also thinking of how to incorporate other DVDs like drillmax, oriignal bootcamp, and 4day bootcamp. Have you got any good mish-moshes yet? Let me know!

Kristen

I've seen several postings of people doing multiples (either two in a row or all three).

Isn't the point of Hiit to go 'all out' during the intervals, so that you COULDN'T do more than about 20-30 minutes of a workout? So that you can't talk during each interval?

That's what I thought the "HI" part of it refered to!;)

If so, then are these not really Hiit? At least not for those of you who can do all three in a row?

Instead of linking them together, what about taking up the intensity of the intervals to a point where you couldn't do more than one workout? (that is, if you want to make them "true hiit for you").

I've seen several postings of people doing multiples (either two in a row or all three).

Isn't the point of Hiit to go 'all out' during the intervals, so that you COULDN'T do more than about 20-30 minutes of a workout? So that you can't talk during each interval?

That's what I thought the "HI" part of it refered to!;)

If so, then are these not really Hiit? At least not for those of you who can do all three in a row?

Instead of linking them together, what about taking up the intensity of the intervals to a point where you couldn't do more than one workout? (that is, if you want to make them "true hiit for you").

I think many people find it harder to go faster than the pace presented in the workout. Cathe & crew all go at the same speed so there's no one to follow if you wanted to speed up some moves. The beat can be very strong which also lessens the urge to go faster than Cathe etc.

I also think the moves that use the step may limit the speed you can safely perform the exercises. You naturally slow your speed to make sure you can clear the step, reach the top etc on every rep. Faster taps to side kicks can also tweak the knee of the kicking leg so people may limit their speed on those too.

Lastly, some moves don't benefit from picking up the pace. Faster bunny hops (or airjacks) will lack power while slower powerful bunny hops (or airjacks) may not bring your heart rate as high.

Hope this makes sense. :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.