Anyone do a BC rotation?

Madison1

I read on another forum about doing Boot Camp 4 x a week. Taking a rest/stretch day in between.
Anyone try this?
What were your results?

Someone on another forum just posted about this. I think she did it last year for a few weeks and had incredible results. Please let us know how it works for you!

>I read on another forum about doing Boot Camp 4 x a week.
>Taking a rest/stretch day in between.
>Anyone try this?
>What were your results?
>
>
Funny, I wanted to ask this question, too!

Ijust read that someone who's been doing this for 3 weeks has a pair of pants that are now loose that were tight(to the point that she thought she'd have to exchange them)

For some reason, I cannot get to the thread. I haven't gone to the ya-yas board in quite some time and it looks like they've made some changes. Is there any way you can post the rotation here?

Sanchia

I hope this is o.k. to do...here is the message that started the whole thread:

Last year, I did a rotation that Cathe had mentioned on her website that incorporated doing BootCamp 4x a week, with rest on alternate days (or a walk, light stretching). I remember doing BC on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, next week on Tuesday, Thursday, etc. I received AWESOME results with this rotation! I was only working out 4 times a week, but my cardio endurance increased tenfold, my strength increased and I felt so energized it was amazing.

I did Cardio & Weights today (completed it, so it was an accomplishment since I've been "starting back to it") and since I feel I now have the endurance and strength, I was thinking about doing the BootCamp rotation for 2-3 weeks, then switching gears. I know doing just one workout can be really repetitive, and that leads to boredom which leads to quitting the rotation, but BC contains so many differing movements that I didn't become bored with it, and the time flew by. And did I mention the results? I lost an inch and a half off of my waist, 1/2 inch off of each thigh, 3/4 inch off of my hips, GAINED 1/4 inch in my chest and lost 1/4 inch off of my arms but saw some definition that I hadn't before. It's a tough tape, and you can certainly make it tougher by increasing weights. It also has quite a bit of core work involved (that's my problem spot) and the definition I saw there was unbelievable. I keep an exercise journal, so I was able to look back and see what results I received and am thinking now is the time since my 20th (!!!) high school reunion is coming up in the next several months. I want to wear a sleeveless, cinched top (bandeau) dress that is very form fitting and I think this may be the way to go. It's not the only reason -- it's also to jumpstart my routine so I can do more than 1/2 hour daily. It just has SO much packed into one workout it's amazing. I really tend to ramble, I'm sorry!

Anyway, has anyone else done a short, Cathe BootCamp rotation with alternate off days and have seen some incredible results? I'd be curious - thanks!

Kris

HTH!:7

Glad I could help! Have any of you tried this yet? How is it going? Are you finding it too much? I want to keep this in mind for busy weeks when I only have a few days to get a workout in. Is it killing the ol' knees? Let me know what you guys think and how your feel...k?
Angela:7

I'd love to know how you guys are doing, how you're feeling with it. I got BC yesterday and I'm afraid to take it out of the wrapper, I always read about how tough it is! :)

It is tough! I've been doing it 2-3 times a week for a little less than a month, and just last night I was able to do all of the squat-thrust-climbers. (I did miss one because I was laughing at Cathe, who says "notice I'm not saying much" and then proceeds to talk all the way to the end of the segment.) I think I'm seeing some good definition around the core, and I think it has helped me lose weight on Weight Watchers.

I attempted BC today, I got the most winded with the sequential kicks, they were killer. I can totally see how doing this workout consistently could whip a person in to amazing shape.

I am going to give this rotation a try, but do Boot Camp and High Step Advanced (very Boot Camp-like). I only have an hour in the mornings to workout and Boot Camp is the most efficient for me.

-Shopgirl

I've been doing BC every other day for 2 weeks. I started with 15# on my barbell and today I was able to use 30#. I am really seeing my hamstrings and quads smooth out. My heart rate hasn't shot through the roof this week at all. My upper body can now handle 25# on the bb. My biceps have never been strong. I've always had to go lighter. Since starting this rotaion I've gone from 10# on barbell to 20#. This week I've been able to use 10# wts for all the reps. Plus I can actually see the crevace between my delts and my triceps and biceps. That is improvement in my opinion. I've done the Everything But Core Premix this week b/c I'm doing Core Foundations and my abs looked too puffy b/c of being over worked. I do a stretch tape the following day with some light cardio. Today I added on 30 minutes of cardio and a 10 minute total body stretch after doing BC. I like this rotation and I think I'll do BC/ME for a month this fall and see how that turns out.

I'm looking forward to more workouts of this style.

~Reece Out~

This sounds like an amazing rotation. I went to the ya ya's thread and read all about it. I think I am going to give this a try starting tomorrow (Monday). I will plan on doing this workout 4 times this week...every other day! Has anyone else over here tried this? If so, what were your results? I'd love to hear about them. Go Bootcamp!

Becca

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.