Anyone a "ya ya?" Anyone buying the new FIRM "Transfirmer" kit?

BadLeslie

Cathlete
I was on their website recently. I really liked the look of the new workouts and the new "TransFIRMer." Is anyone buying one, or has anyone bought one yet? I would love information on the new workouts.
I am a beleiver in Cathe, but I like variety, and the FIRM is what originally got me into lifting weights.
PLEASE RESPOND!

RE: Anyone a

I have posted alot on the Ya,Ya boards. But....I haven't bought a Firm workout in awhile. I really prefer Cathe and P90X. The Firm got way to easy some time ago. Maybe they have changed?....:)...Carole

for as ridiculous as the sclupting stick and BSS3 deathbox were.....this new thing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is so sturdy..can be used as a 6 or 8 inch step..14 inch legpress and next to each other to simulate stairs...........got mine yesterday and have not had time to view the dvds but as far as gadgets go..they struck it rich this time..........and this is coming from someone who had been highly critical of the GT FIRM era!!! i refuse to call it by its name..thats still gimmicky}(

Where did you find information on it? I don't see it on the Firm Believers website.

What is the yaya's web address. I used to visit and post but are they member only now? Thanks for the info!
Lisa

For some reason I'm not even tempted by this new set. I enjoyed BSS 1-3 but this new set just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe it's because I've become serious with Cathe and really getting into shape these last few months. Maybe I'm not interested in the 20 minute workouts anymore. I might try a few when they go retail but right now I'm actually itching to hear an announcement from Cathe about a new presale and new Cathe workouts!

>What is the yaya's web address. I used to visit and post but
>are they member only now? Thanks for the info!
>Lisa
>

It's on Cathe's links page. Yea, they are members only now. :eek:

I'm buying it...once it starts snowing in HELL! I don't care for the gimmicks either. If you love them...great!

Cathe is all the whoop-ass I need! That and P90X!

Can you tell me if the workouts are the same---Same leg press, plyometrics, squats etc. Ihave gotten over this type of workout, but I do like the firm. I want to buy it but won't if it's the same old routine

I loved the cardio vids from BSS3. I used to be TOTALLY against the Firm after finding Cathe, but I do enjoy those cardio's. They are a great add-on, and you work up a good sweat. I will not buy the whole set, but I will get some of the cardio's.
Lori

Yes...I'm a YaYa, and yes, I caved and bought the dumb Transfirmer thing. (I hate that name). But I've heard great things about the workouts, and like you, I neeeed variety. My Cathe's are collecting a little dust right now because I realized I was overtraining and getting too bulky. Now I'm trying to shrink and I'm using more of my older workouts, and the new WHFN and BSS4 when they arrive. I'm sure I'll pick up Cathe at teh end of the summer! Happy Shopping!

Joy

I'm a ya, but stopped doing Firms after I'd done Cathe about a year. I agree with whomever (above) said Cathe is all the whooopa** i need.

I had done Firm for some 16 years, and was just plain ready for something new. Finally gave all of my Firms to my sister. The style of working out was 'out' for me.

I was ready for whoopa** and there was Cathe.........:)

Howdy,

I live in lurkdom here and at other boards; thought I would give you my take on it.

I bought it. I have done Allie's Aerobic Body Shaping, Pam's Supercharged Scuplting, and Stephanie's Ultimate Calorie Blaster.
I have pre-viewed the others.

These workouts, I think, are for beginners to intermediate exercisers. The cardio in them is akin to BSS2-BSS3, but with very little intensity. I had to really power up to keep my heart rate where I wanted it, and I have been working out for only 2 years now. Started Cathe in January. My opinion is, if you do Cathe with any regularity, you are not going to be satisfied.

For the most part, these are just your same old FIRMs. There were a couple new moves in the sculpting workouts; not too much. Still lots of leg press and tall box climbs. The sets are well-lit and production is better....you can see the beginner mod more, and they show the steps at times. The instructors look fit; sometimes the new girls looked bored. As usual, they are scripted, so you will hear the same stuff over and over again, and their personalities don't really get to shine through much. Cueing, for the most part, is fine. Music is kinda generic. I will have to take another look at the "Jiggle Free" ones; seems there was something there I liked. The "Buns" one looked like a burner, and the "Abs" should be fun, as she has some standing work.

The TransFIRMer is a wonderful improvement to the box and Fanny Lifter. Very sturdy and makes for quick changes.

Getting right down to it: I feel like the instructors have done a great job in putting out workouts that will teach good form and habits for newbies to early intermediate exercisers. I think GT is wanting to market to a new audience and thus has taken some of the intensity out. I am kinda sad, because I thought this set was going to take it up a notch. But, I didn't waste my money....I will give the set to my DD, who is still afraid of Cathe!

HTH, Julie

I just got an email for this new set offering it to me at the "introductory price" or whatever...I'm not gonna buy it...I have a good collection of Firms that I don't even use at this point so why buy more? If I ever feel like the Firm again, I have enough in my posession already to keep me busy....

Don't get me wrong...I'm not knockin' the Firm...they served me well for a time...but I have moved beyond them now.

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

I haven't seen the infomercial for BSS4 yet and I've done a good job avoiding it on the internet. I don't need another piece of equipment that I can only use for a couple videos. I have over 30 Firm videos and I do still do several of them (with heavier weights and upping the cardio, of course), but I just don't think I need to spend the money. What is a YaYa?:D

The Cathe's weight workouts are better than the firm's. I only uses Cathe's for weight training.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

I'd like to see this set, just to see what it's all about. Where can I find it? It's not on firmdirect.com.
Thanks

I wanted to thank everyone for the advice. I don't think I will get the new "TransFIRMer." Since I have been doing Cathe it sounds like it will probably be too easy. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

If it's not a Cathe workout, I'm not buying it. Been there, done that, BIG mistake! Cathe is my only personal trainer from now on.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.