any other large busted cathlete's?

I went to try to find a bra at Victoria's secret recently and had looked through every dang drawer in the store and couldn't find my size. When I finally attracted the attention of a salesperson, she said they DID have my size, but she had to go into this room behind the dressing rooms where they have a giant dresser filled with all the larger cup sizes.

I find this so bizarre. I was feeling like a complete freakshow when I left - but then I *ahem* discreetly checked out other womens' assets as I walked around the mall, and at least half of them seemed to be bigger than I am...so WHY do they have the larger sizes socked away in the secret large cup size dresser of shame? Why??

I really recommend checking out www.figleaves.com (Canadians order from www.figleaves.co.uk). They have every size and they carry a lot of very pretty bras for larger sizes. My size is very odd too, being a large cup size with a small size band, and they have enough beautiful bras for me to choose from that I have to stay away from their website when my finances are low. Their prices are reasonable, especially when you price out those same bras in the store. A European bra that costs $130 in the store will only cost $65 at Figleaves. And Victoria Secret has terribly built lingerie, anyway- poor quality, poor design, poor support.

I really recommend checking out www.figleaves.com (Canadians order from www.figleaves.co.uk). They have every size and they carry a lot of very pretty bras for larger sizes. My size is very odd too, being a large cup size with a small size band, and they have enough beautiful bras for me to choose from that I have to stay away from their website when my finances are low. Their prices are reasonable, especially when you price out those same bras in the store. A European bra that costs $130 in the store will only cost $65 at Figleaves. And Victoria Secret has terribly built lingerie, anyway- poor quality, poor design, poor support.

i agree VS bras also don't support me well. things just tend to slip out b/c its more for looks then support IMO. my sister bought me some for xmas one year. i still have them, cute for going out or whatever but not for when i am at work and running a household. if i bend over things tend to spill out.

i found some nice bras on that site will have to save it and keep my eyes out for good sales. i tend to buy bulk when i shop for bras so i can easily spent $100 or more in one click LOL

kassia

i agree VS bras also don't support me well. things just tend to slip out b/c its more for looks then support IMO. my sister bought me some for xmas one year. i still have them, cute for going out or whatever but not for when i am at work and running a household. if i bend over things tend to spill out.

Same here! I'm always adjusting myself in these darn things. And it really doesn't help that 1 boob is bigger than the other so she likes to come out and say hello every so often.

I want to check out figleaves. Morningstar, how do you feel their fit compares? What I mean is, I'm typically a 36D so would these fit me if I order in the same size? I know sometimes sizes can be a little screwy between brands and I've never bought a bra I hadn't tried on.

Figleaves.com is an awesome site! Along with great bras, you can find great swimwear there as well. I got an adorable suit there last year that finally fit just right!!! Hooray for online stores! They have a good sizing chart so you can get the fit just right. So far I haven't had any issues with size as long as I follow that guideline-- and I always check the reviews to see if there's been any discrepancy with people having sizing issues previously.

Last edited:
Lilyette Powermotion or Active motion rate A++++++

Hi -
I'm a 36DD and the only sports bra I wear now is Lilyette Power or Active Motion underwire bras. Best support I have ever had! I can do all the jumping I want and they barely move. I bought a dozen from JC Penney because they were discontinuing them, but they still have some, and you can also gettehm on ebay.
Good Luck!

Figleaves.com is an awesome site! Along with great bras, you can find great swimwear there as well. I got an adorable suit there last year that finally fit just right!!! Hooray for online stores! They have a good sizing chart so you can get the fit just right. So far I haven't had any issues with size as long as I follow that guideline-- and I always check the reviews to see if there's been any discrepancy with people having sizing issues previously.

I recently came to the conclusion that the only place to buy swimwear is a good bra store!

Last edited:
I agree with you guys, it's like we can't get anything decent, we pay so much for such ugly bra's and I feel like a second class citizen. As far as surgery, I'm going to wait to decide @ surgery until after I reach my goal weight and stay there and see what I'm dealing with. I've got the working out down, now to clean my diet up, yet again....but that is for another forum topic. Autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.