any other cardio dvds as tough as cathe?

jeanmarie

Cathlete
hi! I absolutely love cathe, but was wondering if anyone could suggest any cardio dvds as tough/advanced as her by others ? thanks!

Cathe, you are too funny!!

But, back to the original question....Bob Harper, some of Patrick Goudeau's and Toby Massenburg.

I would add Mindy Mylrea - the production isn't anywhere close to Cathe's workouts, but she really can pack a punch. Also the same goes for the horizontal conditioning workouts - excellent workouts, but the production level is also not at Cathe's standards.

sorry!!... I asked a year and a half ago(estim)...and couldnt seem to find anyone else's workouts as good as Cathe's...any I've tried have been sold on ebay!

I got Chris Freytag's newer ACE Hiit workout and it is pretty good and tough. Of course, production not as good and Chris is alone...

Also, a real toughy is Michelle Dozois' Cardio Strength series....those are mighty tough! Again, it is not very similar to Cathe at all, but the production is a bit better than Chris Freytag and it definitely challenges a body!

I do like some of Jillian's workouts. They aren't like Cathe in style though. Beyond Cathe, I find that traditional gym style (not her series) workouts are more adaptable. Like setting up your own circuit and using jump rope as the cardio interval between sets is fun. You can do that indoors outside and then just use your own ipod/music to change up the feel. I usually pick a 5 min. chill song to warm up and also cool down with. You could even do something silly (not based on any kind of training regimen) where you change your activity from chorus to verse, letting the music cue your change instead of time.

Here are some of my favorite non-Cathe, tough workouts. These are workouts that leave me challenged, breathless and flying high with cardio endorphins. ;)

They are: Paul Katami's 4x4x2 Bootcamp (Bootcamp 4X4X2 - Paul Katami LOVE! :eek:), Annie Mairs Fierce Force (Fierce Force DVD - Anni Mairs), Horizontal Conditioning Bootcamp (Horizontal Conditioning Boot Camp DVD), Mike Donavanik Extreme Metabolic Burn (Extreme Burn Metabolic Conditioning - Mike Donavanik), Patrick Goudeau's Lean Hot Body ( Patrick Goudeau Lean Hot Body DVD), Patrick's Extreme Calorie Burn is pretty good, too but I prefer LHB.

There are lots of others out there, but these specific dvds are my personal favorites. I have heard good things about Mindy Mylrea's Intensity Overload without equipment, but I haven't gotten my hands on that one yet. :) HTH!

You can check out The Video Fitness Forum, there are endless workout dvd reviews and suggestions. The only problem with the forum is that you end up buying a lot of workout videos!:eek:
General Discussion - Video Fitness Forum

I've back off high intensity cardio and focus more on weight lifting, but Cathe is usually my go to cardio because she is by far the best IMO.:D

...and couldnt seem to find anyone else's workouts as good as Cathe's...any I've tried have been sold on ebay!

After I collected almost every Cathe DVD available, I acquired a few misc DVDs from other instructors ... but, umm, I don't really do them :eek: ... so I will just wait patiently for Cathe's next presale, and hopefully not waste too much $ on DVDs that I won't use. :rolleyes::)

I did Anni's Fierce Force this morning and thought of this thread, so thought I'd post to recommend it. Now I see that Colleen has already mentioned it. This one is TOUGH!!!

I also agree with Stacy about Bob Harper. My favorite of his workouts is "Total Body Transformation". This one will surprise you. It starts out fairly easy and you're thinking it's not all that difficult, and then you REALLY get started! Ha! It's killer!

I also agree that I thought Insanity was tougher. Another set of workouts that I think are more difficult is the Dream Body series. However, with both of the above....I have the dread factor.....so I don't do them as much. They're not much good if you don't use them. Plus, they have some other negatives that Cathe workout's don't.

Even with Cathe's tough workouts like the Imax's, I don't have that dread. In fact, I look forward to her workouts. She has been my go-to instructor for tough sweat inducing workouts that I truly enjoy, even if they leave me breathless or sore.

Even though they're not DVD's, I do find Cardio Coach workouts really tough. Nothing gets me sweating harder than CC on my elliptical. I don't know what it is about Sean, but he keeps me going full boar without the dread. I burn tons of calories, am a sweaty (soaked) mess, and come close to the puke factor....but I just love him. Except Press Play....I do have a bit of dread with that one, but it's gone as soon as I hear his voice.;) If you don't have cardio coach CD's or downloads, I highly recommend them.

Even though they're not DVD's, I do find Cardio Coach workouts really tough. Nothing gets me sweating harder than CC on my elliptical. I don't know what it is about Sean, but he keeps me going full boar without the dread. I burn tons of calories, am a sweaty (soaked) mess, and come close to the puke factor....but I just love him. Except Press Play....I do have a bit of dread with that one, but it's gone as soon as I hear his voice.;) If you don't have cardio coach CD's or downloads, I highly recommend them.

I love Coach Sean, I cannot be without his workouts, when I'm in a funk and need the ultimate workout I'll do CC#8 and STS Full Body.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.