Any men out there

Hey Allen,

I don't personally own any Cathe workout videos, but my wife owns all of them. Our basement is basically a Cathe workout shrine. I never really liked doing videos but after I got married, I did some Cathe workouts with my wife. I found them to full of choreography that I had a hard time following.

We then got into P90X, Which I really enjoyed. I've done 2 rotations sofar. I was very successful with the 2nd rotation. Combined with the proper diet, I lost 35lbs.

However, I can't wait for CATHE STS. My wife has been keeping me up to date with the progress of STS. I really like the workout format and the fact that they finally include men! We've preordered the entire program. This will be the first CATHE workout that I will try to follow completely. This if the first time I've posted on the site and I will probably get my own login and post more once I get STS.

Hope more guys reply!

Kevin

>Keith,
>Dude, I am so game for that!!!! What are our next steps?
>This format of "forumming" is new to me, but I am committed
>enough to get it going and keep it going. I need to pull all
>the Cathe's that I have and rotate them until the STS comes.
>I travel a lot so I will have to somehow get that laptop down
>to fitness rooms early each the morning before others rise. I
>can commit to doing that. I have forty pounds that I want
>(need) to lose permanently. I know that I can do it because I
>have done it before but I let life get in the way of my
>exercising. No exercising for me means no maintaining
>physique. This is truer to me that nutrition issue. This is
>fun already.
>
>Accountability -- you got that right
>
>Lets all keep talking. This is very motivating.
>Allen

You're on for the accountability check in - we should go over to the check in forum and fire something up ... perhaps we could call it the "any men out there" accountability thread?? I'll start it if you like
Just an idea.
So - I've noticed that choreography seems to be a stumbling block for some of the dudes on this thread. I feel you all on this one. I struggled with the routines for a long time - but finally - I have mastered most (although I feel a little silly when "buttercup" or "girls just want to have fun" is playing). I say stick with it and try to get the routines one section at a time. Once you have them down...especially the interval step - the cardio workouts can't be beat. And for weights...I generally mix Cathe and P90x/P90X+ workouts to keep things varied - so you know I'm looking forward to STS
Peace my brothers
K
PS anybody planning on attending one of the road trips this summer?

Cool Kevin,
Will you join our "Male STS Accountability Team" once we receive our dvds (hey, guys I just made up that name for our group, what do you think about it?)?
Congrats on 35 lbs loss. That is so impressive.

Talk soon and I am with you, I hope more guys will join as well -- I envision down the road an all male Cathe weekend trip once we have been on the program for a year or so. What do you guys think? Hey, if the women can do it, why can't we guys do it?

Corporate life can do really horrible things to our physiques as we grow older. We have to keep on it consistently or we'll just be lulled into riding on the negative way of obesity -- I know I'm there!!!!

Ha! Ha!

Allen

How about ..."the dude thread" or "any men out there?" thread.
Heck...whatever will do just fine - the point is, we can kick each other in the pants...every freakin' day.
I added a picture trail just for laughs. I hope it works...I'm new at this.
Peace my brothers
Keith

Heck...whatever will do just fine - the point is, we can kick
each other in the pants...every freakin' day.

Keith, my thoughts exactly. The older I get the more I need that aspect. Thanks for responding to the post.

Allen

> I keep
>trying to figure out how I am going to justify that pull up
>bar, the step, and the slants to my wife after purchasing so
>much other fitness equipment.

Another 'not-a-guy-here' person.
Just wanted to welcome you to the forums.
And about justifying the new equipment to your wife, why not have her join you? If you get a workout like KPC (Kick, Punch and Crunch), it comes with a Legs and Glutes workout that she might enjoy (and you might like it as well). You might both enjoy Boot Camp and Muscle Endurance (on the same DVD).

Very well then - I'll start the "any men out there?" check in/accountability challenge over in the check ins and challenges forum. It will be up later this afternoon and I will post a link.
I'm starting a new hybrid doubles rotation today that will include Cathe workouts, interval runs, and portions of the p90x/p90x+ series. I'll work it all up on paper for each week...and then post it on the new thread. I will keep at it until STS arrives in the mail (in the next few months???) and then make the big switch.
Whoever is with me say AYE!!
Keith

Aye!!!

I have I think must of the p90+ series. And although I hate Tony Horton cause he talks me to death, I'm game and will follow suit with the Cathe's that I do have: Total Body Sculpting, Push/Pull, Supersets as my foundation coupled with the P90x+ ones that I have.

I'm up for the challenge!! Thanks for the alert with the link later on today.

As we would say back in the 70's, "This is way cool".
Allen

All right then - I have started a thread in the check in and challenges forum
It's called "any guys out there" challenge thread - I'll see you all there
Keith

Hey Keith

Great Idea! I can't believe Im about to join a CATHE forum! When I met my wife I was a bit anti-Cathe because whenever we talked about working out it was Cathe this and Cathe that! I was like, "who is this Cathe???":p

I'm not yet a Catheite, but I'm excited about the STS program.

I'll be following the men's accountablity thread on the checkin forum. ;-)

Kevin.

PS: In a most ironic twist...my wife's name is CATHY! LOL

AHA!! You'll be a Catheite before you know it - welcome to the dark side.
I'll see you on the guy challenge!!
Keith

This is so awesome!!!!

Welcome Guys! This is so awesome. How great to know you have all been out there working hard and kickin butt! I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for coming on board. Have fun with your newly created check in too....I think I may have to come peek and make sure your puttin out }( :7

Btw, Keith I recognize you from the roadtrip (you accompanied your wofe Coni)and from your visit here not too long ago with Coni again. How cool to see you here.

Kevin, I have known your wife for many years when she used to take classes at our former gym. Fun to know that you both are doing my workouts together at home now.

Jerry, how fun to have all these new workout buddies now, huh?

Chris...Nice to see you here too. I remember you from the first road trip. I see you are still training hard...so great!

RE: This is so awesome!!!!

Hey Cathe - thanks for joining in. Coni and I had a great time at your gym and are looking forward to the road trip this year!! This thread is really becoming quite the motivator. Now that I know you are checking in on us...I'll be working that much harder!! (and I imagine...so will everyone else)
Talk to you soon,
Keith

Can I just say how great it is to see you men posting. :)

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Wow,

Cathe is watching us!!! Now I'll really have to produce some results!

Even though my Cathy has been following this program for years, she has only made one trip to your Gym. On one of the Cathe videos she had ordered I noticed the adress, I knew exactly were it was because I grew up nearby. So I took her there. She is looking forward to hopefully going on the road trip this year. :)

Kevin

I'm kicking my husband in the pants. For nearly a year now my husband has been saying that Cathe's DVD's are for girls. (Not that he's getting to the gym or anything mind you!!) And here's a whole bunch of men that have been doing it!!

I did want to chime in to you guys and let you know that I too spent a lot of time getting coordinated. There's still times I have to use the old rewind button to figure out why the heck I just tripped. :9

But keep in mind that the choreography is instrumental in building your memory - which carries over to everything else in life. "A strong mind can move mountains." - although I'm too feeble minded to remember who said that. LOL!:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.