Any major differences between Gym Styles and S & H??

jloewe

Cathlete
Debating whether or not to make GS my next purchase, or just wait for STS..I already have MM, PUB/PLB, BootCamp, S & H, Push/Pull & Supersets, and Muscle Endurance..will GS give me anything more than I already have?

Ooooohhhhh yes! I absolutely ADORE Gym Styles. Nothing else gives me DOMS like this series. Jer--you will LOVE the pushups in GS Chest and Tri's! haha. This series is less endurance-based than PUB/PLB but also less muscle building-based than S&H. It's my favorite of all of Cathe's lifting dvds.

I really, really think you need this series! ;):D

Oh, and I searched for some threads asking the same thing and thought you might like to check them out:
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum...1&photoplog_searchquery=gym+styles+slow+heavy

Last edited:
I agree. Gym Styles is the best! I have all the other ones you listed as well. I just finished a Gym Style rotation and I loved it. It felt like the most effective rotation that I have done. Get it! You will love it!
Jodi

Oh, and GS Legs is my #1 leg workout. It's Cathe's best leg workout ever! My least favorite it GS Back, Shoulders and Bi's. I don't know why. I LOVE GS C&T and GS Legs, though. AMAZING workouts.

Ooooohhhhh yes! I absolutely ADORE Gym Styles. Nothing else gives me DOMS like this series. Jer--you will LOVE the pushups in GS Chest and Tri's! haha. This series is less endurance-based than PUB/PLB but also less muscle building-based than S&H. It's my favorite of all of Cathe's lifting dvds.

I really, really think you need this series! ;):D

Oh, and I searched for some threads asking the same thing and thought you might like to check them out:
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum...1&photoplog_searchquery=gym+styles+slow+heavy

Once, just once, can't someone say...Jerry, what you have is fine..you don't need another series...you all have to make this difficult, huh??...;)

No Jerry because you have to have just about everyone Cathe video there is to make your life better...:eek:

I have this series and I love it so much. I actually bought the upper body 2 and figured I could get by with B and G...well, I liked the upper body ones so much...I bought GS legs too!

Gym Styles has 10-12 reps per exercise whereas S&H has only 8 reps with extra rests in between. Gyms Styles are a little more endurance based whereas S&H is more for muscle building. Also, Gym Styles uses the resistance band which is great for that extra burn.

Marcy

I think the biggest difference between S&H and GS is the rep count and speed. Since you already have S&H, you know what I mean about the rep speed. IMO, GS is a blend of strength & endurance exercises since you use the bands and a mix of rep counts & speeds.

I definitely think it is worth purchasing and would be a good prep to STS.

JJ

I think I'm going to start a GS rotation next week or so. I have dabbled with them but never really given them a good go. Everyone seems to really love them so . . .

Jerry, . . .come on, . . .Cathe DVD's are like chips you can't have just one, . . or two, . . or three. That said. Gym style, is the series I tend to use the most. Legs, and the shoulders, biceps, have really helped define my muscles.

Jerry , you're fine with what you have. Keep your money and skip the GS, Get a nice Shapely Secrets DVD instead......NOT. It too is my favorite of all the series. Very Effective. Get out that VISA!!! :D

If you are more interested in STRENGTH, go for S&H.
If you are more interested in HYPERTROPHY (size), go for Gym Styles.

I think they are both good splits, but if you are annoyed by bad chapter placement (too-early or too-late, which also affects the premixes), then you might want to skip Gym Styles.

I did GS forever but got S&H to change things up a bit. I would pick GS over S&H mainly because I have so little time and GS moves FAST. There's a lot of rest time in S&H which often resulted in me being late for work. What I can tell you is that there are a lot of form pointers in S&H that aren't in GS and that I, being a less than experienced lifter, could really have used when I started all this. In particular (in S&H), Cathe constantly mentions "retracting your shoulders." I never knew I was supposed to do that and, having chronic shoulder issues, that little tip would have been very useful to have been aware of long ago. I don't have any problem with the pace of S&H when I'm doing it but when I'm done it's like "Holy cow. I have to hit the shower RIGHT NOW..." After doing S&H for about 4 weeks I just went back to GS and find I love getting though my workout a lot faster.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.