Any Illinois Cathe fans out there?

webbgirl

Cathlete
Hi Everyone!

First of all, I am sorry for copying the "anyone from Wisconsin" question, but it was a great way for me to begin my first post ever. Thanks for the great idea and I hope you don't mind :D

I am pretty new to Cathe and got hooked on her when I began looking for a new person to motivate me to work out with on Fit Tv. Denise Austin's workouts worked well for me for a while, but I became bored and needed something fun, motivating, challenging, and confidence building. I found that in Cathe. She is awesome! I never thought I could do some of the step videos she has (Rhythmic Step and Step Blast) and I can with a little practice. I also really enjoy the strength training videos (PUB and Supersets) she has I have a greater sense of confidence about myself in general now and it feels really great!

I am trying to get my sister and friend hooked on Cathe, but no dice yet :-(. I feel kind of alone in this great experience, so I would like to know who is from Illinois? I am originally from Wood Dale, which is about 10 minutes west of O'Hare Airport. I now reside in Park Forest, which is about 30 miles south of Chicago.

I am glad to have found Cathe and such nice people in these forums. I think the information is great and I have learned so much from reading the posts. Thanks for your time, support, and information and I look forward to reading future posts :) and posting more in the future.

webbgirl

I'm originally from Des Plaines but now live in Minnesota. I go back to Des Plaines often as my Mom and brother still live there. I love taking a bike ride along the lake shore. Chicago is a great City.

Joanne

Hi Webbgirl,

I'm from Illinois too. I live near the Mississippi River on the Illinois/Iowa border (Quad City area). About 2 1/2 hours south of Chicago.

I live in Charleston, Illinois (originally from Minnesota, did my grad work in Wisconsin, so I'm slowly making my way around the Midwest!).

I am from Illinois. I live in Romeoville, which is about 20 miles south of Chicago. It would be nice to get to know others in the area that work out to Cathe. I'm sure my husband would not mind if I discuss my admiration for Cathe with someone else besides him!

Lisa

I'm from Illinois too. Just 35-45 minutes out of Chicago.

Lisa ~ I went to Lewis University for my last three years of college.

Welcome webb girl!

Dallas

YEAH! Illinois...I live in Glencoe, which is on the North Shore of Chicago. It is great to hear of all the Chicago's Cathe Fans!!!

jennifit

Hi! As Dani already mentioned, I live in Illinois too. I'm in the Greater Peoria area, although I have lived in Naperville too (went to high school there). My parents still live up near Chicago too. Nice to meet you, and welcome to the forums! :)

Emily,

I graduated from Illinois Central College in Peoria in 2000. In fact, my DH is playing in the Gus Macker basketball tourney in Washington next weekend.

It sure is a small world.

Hi, I also *live* in Chicago - Lakeview to be specific. I say *live* because I am moving to St. Louis in a week - hopefully I will find some Cathe fans there.

Jessica

Hi Lisa and all you fellow Illinois residents!

Thanks for all the responses! It's awesome! Thanks for making me feel at home on this website and like I am not the only one who is lucky to have been inspired by Cathe.

I can relate about the husband. He finally (he's always a very tolerant person) is getting a little irritated with me talking about Cathe and how great she is to workout with. I told him all about the Roadtrip and how next year I am going to be there (he was not interested in coming with me...what a shocker!). It looks like you all had a blast, so I can't wait.

I will be doing Step Blast tomorrow because it will be 100 degrees and a heat index of 105-110. I usually run seriously in the summer because of the nice weather and scenery, and I train for our town's race, the Park Forest Scenic 5K or 10 mi, depending on how the training has gone for the summer.

Have a wonderful day!

Webbgirl

webbgirl ~ I forgot to add I grew up in Park Forest South which is now called University Park because of GSU. We moved from there in 1982. What a small world!

Dallas

Welcome Webb girl!

I'm the farthest south Illinoisian so far, midway between Mt. Vernon and Effingham.

Hi to Kathryn also, I went to EIU and one of my best friends lived in Charleston!

Sami

Dallas,

Thanks for the reply. It is a small world! One of our friends used to be a police officer in University Park. I didn't know that UP was formerly PFS...what an interesting fact! I've only lived here for a year, I got married last summer to my husband who is from here. We are planning on moving from PF to somewhere in the Frankfort, Mokena, or New Lenox area. :+

I was born in Illinois, does that count? I live in Ohio now.
Kathryn, my parents lived in Charleston for a few years, so I've been there before! Small world.:)

Hi, webbgirl,

I live in Elmhurst, about 30 mins from Chicago. Like you, I am a newcomer of this forumn. I am so glad there are so many ladies from IL, too. When I saw the pictures of 05' Roadtrip, I wish I could have been there.

Dallas (luv2wrkout) e-mailed me that she would like to set up a get together party like Texas girls did for IL girls. Though Cathe will not be there, we will get a chance to meet face to face. Anyone like this idea?

WantFit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.