Any Football Fans Out There?

catwoman

Cathlete
It's almost the big day! Two more games and we'll know who's going to the Superbowl. So who do you think will win from the following matchups:

AFC Championship - Colts/Patriots
NFC Championship - Saints/Bears

Who do you think will take it all?

I'm from Indianapolis, so I've got to root for my boys in blue! It's so unbelievable that the AFC Championship came here! Who'da thunk it? The #3 and #4 seeds won games on the road last week, bringing the championship game to Indy! It wasn't supposed to happen! Very few thought it would. But here we are! Sixty minutes away from going to the Superbowl! I hope this is the year the Colts do it.

On the NFC side, everyone says the Saints will beat the Bears, but we'll see. If we see the Rex Grossman from the beginning of the season, the Bears could win this. But if Mr. Interception shows back up, the Saints will win.

Here's my prediction:

AFC - Pats
NFC - Saints

It's tough, because I do like the Colts. But in-laws live in New England so I have to root for the Pats.

Lea

Although I live in New England, I'm tired of the Pats. ( Giants fan here!)I'd love to see the Colts win because I love BOTH Mannings. It would be neat to see the Saints (Archie Manning was QB there.) play the Colts.

Alas, the Steelers and the Eagles are not involved, so I really don't have a pick. I'll probably watch the super bowl for the commercials more than the football.

I'm from Indy, too, so I'm a huge Colts fan! I think that this might just be our year (10 fingers and 10 toes crossed!). Catwoman, are you able to go to the game on Sunday?

GO COLTS!!!!

Becky

I'm a Raven's fan, but DH is a huge Patriots fan, so we're going to be rooting for the Pats!! Besides, I'm from Maryland - the Colts were stolen from us, so I'll never root for them... :+

But, seriously - DH has it in his mind that he HAS to watch the game at our house with the TV in the garage on (no one has to watch it, but it has to be on), so this week, again, I'm hosting a big playoff party. If the Colts beat the Pats, then I don't have to host a Superbowl party, so maybe that's a good thing... }(

I am so excited to see the Saints have gotten this far. I live in Thibodaux which is just outside of New Orleans and let me tell you, we are all eating this up. I would also love to see the Colts win this weekend, but their defense is pretty terrible. So that's my wish, to see the Saints and the Colts in the superbowl. Go Saints!!!

Barbara

Chiefs fan here, so no big loyalties in the championship games, but I would like to see the Saints win the NFC just for the people of NO to have something to celebrate for a change. As for the AFC I think the Pats will probably win it.

If any of you plan to to either game, enjoy!!

BTW, does anybody else think that Diet Pepsi ad is hilarious?:)

MissL

Miss L - the Diet Pepsi commerical where the football players are all trying to get Diet Pepsi's? Oh yeah - that one kills me - I don't know why.

BIG football fan here! DH & I enjoy all levels & even attend lots of H.S. games, even though we don't have kids. I'm originally from California, so I'm a 49rs fan (yeah Bill, maybe next year) but my DH has turned me into a Steelers fan too. Now I'm a VT Hokie fan & many of my co-workers & friends are big Vol fans & pull for the Colts because of Manning.

I'm glad that the Saints have made it this far after all they've been through, but I'd like to see the Bears go myself. As for the other game, I'm not a Colts fan so I'll be pulling for the Pats.

Final analysis: Bears & Pats in the superbowl with lots of good commercials!

Kel

Huge football fan here!!!

I'm hoping the Colts win ( we love Peyton) but have a feeling the Patriots will pull off a win. I'd like to see New Orleans go to the Super Bowl just because they have never gotten this far before and it would be good for the city. I went to college there, Loyola University and met my husband in New Orleans. So that city will always have a piece of my heart.
Next year I'd love to see Pittsburgh or the Giants!!
Jen

I'm an unfortunate Packer fan, so my team is clearly out. I would love to see the Saints win it all! What a great come-back story for that team after last year. I'm really tired of Brady and the Pats, so I guess I'm rooting for Indy (I don't really have any strong favorite in the AFC this year).

A big COLTS fan here!! My family has always been Manning fans. My dad grew up with Archie in Mississippi (he even sang in his wedding). I also fell in love with Indy when I lived there a little while doing a clinical rotation for school. I hope this is the Colts year to win it all!!

I think the Saints will win it all.
It was good to see the Baltimore Colts beat the Cleveland Ravens last weekend. From what I saw on the sports channels, the Ravens fans couldn't have been more hypocritical or misdirected in their anger. I thought losing was good medicine for them.

HUGE....HUGER THAN HUGE football fan here. I am a bigger fan than most guys I know. On Sundays, I hole myself up to watch all the games. When my beloved Chargers lost, my guy friends were like, "It's just a game!". I take my football very serious!

That said...my picks for Sunday...GO COLTS!!! I would never vote for the Pats...sorry, some of their players weren't very nice when they came to Diego. But, I can't deny Tom Brady's unmatched talent. But I still go with the Colts...Manning needs a championship!

Also, I love the Saints too. I love what they have done for the city.

Happy Sports Sunday to all!!!

Becky:

I will not be able to go to the game on Sunday, but my boss is going, along with several co-workers. I will be content to stay at home and "coach" from my living room. I was so anxious over last week's game that I think I walked 5 miles just pacing in front of my TV during the 3 hours of the game. I would probably scare someone if they saw me watching the game THIS weekend.

I'm tired of seeing the Pats, too, although I've gained a little respect for them this year, and would like to see the Colts finally get what's due them. They've been shafted pretty good on a couple of occasions in previous playoffs, so this year I'd like to see it go their way. It'd be a sweet Cinderella story, that's for sure. Everyone thought they were done for the season weeks ago. It's nice to see them fighting back!

Go Colts!

I'm glad to see so many people thinking that the Pats will beat the Colts! The Colts play better when they are viewed as the underdog! They always have. They proved that the past two weeks against the Chiefs and Ravens. Last year when they were favored to win it all, they were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, so everybody, keep betting against them! They'll play better that way!

60 more minutes to play and give it all they've got, pulling it from the soles of their feet if they have to...and they'll be in the Superbowl!

Rams fan here... wow, what a crap season we had.

I am hoping to see Colts vs. Saints in the end... I'd be happy with either winning it all though I do like the Colts more than Saints but wow, it would be a great boost for them to win it this year.

Can't live with NFL Sunday ticket on my big screen each week, I wouldn't know what to do if I only had 1 or 2 games to choose from each week, DirecTV spoils me!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.