Any Dexter fans out there?

dr.mel_PT

Cathlete
I'd love to hear everyone's speculations are for what happened in the last episode of this season! IMO, this was one of the best seasons ever, WAY better than season 3!!

Love this show! I was so shocked by the ending. I am wondering how they are going to start the next season. They just keep getting better with each seaon.

I'm wondering about next season too. How on earth can Dexter not get caught? - I don't want to ruin anything for those of you who haven't seen the last episode yet - but how can Trinity's family not find out that Dexter and Kyle were the same person? How is he going to talk his way out of that?

Okay, just skipped over all your posts so I don't ruin it for myself! We're 1 season behind because we get it from Netflix!

I just wanted to chime in that my DH and I love that show!

Jaffas

I think that Arthur's family will be sent into witness protection immediately because Arthur is missing and the government will want to protect them. Therefore, they may never know that Rita was killed or that Dexter is Kyle.

Of course, the other issue is, what excuse can Dexter give for where he was when he was killing Arthur? He can't say work because everyone there knows the wasn't there. The best he can do is say he went for a sail, but why would he go for a sail when he was supposed to go meet his wife in the Keys? (I was thinking he would just sail to the Keys, but he didn't).

Or is this so traumatic for Harrison to have his mother killed in front of him that Dexter is going to make the whole thing disappear and make it look like Rita disappeared? I am thinking not, because that would be very damaging to the kids. But then again, having your mother murdered by a serial killer who has disappeared isn't really any better.

Tobermory

I was shocked by this season's finale!!! At first I thought Dexter was dreaming. I couldn't believe my eyes. :eek:I had to go back and watch the kill scene with Trinity to see if he gave any clues.
John Lithgow was amazing! I think this is my favorite season so far.

I wonder what is going to happen to the children?
How can Dexter raise 3 children, work a full time job, and deal with his dark passenger?! Next season can't get here soon enough! I want answers!!!!

This was definitely a better season than the last one! I found season 3 so boring, I kinda couldn't wait for it to be over. Season 4 blew me away, and I agree: John Lithgow was so amazing and he scared the poop out of me!!

For those of you who haven't seen the finale...SPOILER ALERT!!!!!.....

I'm totally convinced that Trinity did not kill Rita. It doesn't make sense with the cycle; where was the 10 year old boy that started it? They found that 1 kid but his body was badly decomposed so it couldn't have been recent. Plus he was planning to skip town so I don't think he would leave without completing the cycle. If he had killed Rita any other way I would have said ok but the bathtub was a key method in the whole 30 year spree that Trinity had. He wouldn't start something he knew he couldn't finish. I also think the grandparents will probably take Astor & Cody and Dexter will raise Harrison on his own, kind of like a parallel to his relationship w Harry. I know in the books, Cody became like Dexter and started killing so maybe Harrison will fill that role instead of Cody.

I felt bad that Rita got killed off even though I was rooting for her to die since season 2; she annoyed me so much!!! But I was really shocked and kind of sad that she was actually killed.

LOL Cyn I hear you!! I think I heard season 6 doesn't start until Sept :(

I just started watching this show!! Now I'm hooked. Great idea Tricia..I'll have to nextflix the past few seasons to get caught up....

Just wanted to chime in and say me, my husband and my daughter are all enjoying this show a lot! But... I quickly realized I can't read these posts - we are getting it from Netflix and we just finished season 2 this past weekend... the few posts I did see made me want to keep watching though :)

Once Dexter got that message from Rita I KNEW she was dead. It was that sinking feeling...but I have to agree the actress who played Rita drove me insane! So breathy and annoying. I hated her as Darla in Angel as well.

Hmmm...that is a curious thought...what if Trinity (who really wasn't trinity since he killed 4 at at time, ha ha) wasn't the one who killed Rita.

Yea, I think Harrison is definitely going to follow in Dexter's foot steps.

Another good point that the grand parents could help out with the kids.

And what about Quinn? He is gonna start hounding Dexter I think.

I really hope that Debra doesn't start suspecting Dexter. I really like her character.

John Lithgow was truly awesome! So so so creepy!

Oh yea, can't wait for next season.

Another huge fan here. The finale was heartstopping! IA, her character was irritating me, but I was shocked and sickened to see her murdered and could not get to sleep Sunday night. Wasn't all that thrilled with the LaGuerta/Bautista love connection this season, but Lithgow was an absolutely outstanding casting choice.

I do love me some Netflix! My DH got me a subscription a couple of years ago for Christmas and I'm absolutely hooked!

I love the modern Dr. Who series and keep watching them on Instant Play whenever I need a fix!

I just started watching this show!! Now I'm hooked. Great idea Tricia..I'll have to nextflix the past few seasons to get caught up....

the show gets me EVERY time. i think this is it dexter will be caught then bam something saves his rear. i think we are in for some major violence the next season. he really did love rita and was trying ti figure out how to rid his dark passenger so he can be present for the family. i too think at some point it will reveal he will have his son carry on the code.

kassia

Love Dexter. My DH and I named our cat after him! Unfortunately we don't get Showtime so I rely on Blockbuster online to get the season disks. With all these good reviews, I can't wait til the season comes out...

I kind of agree that it is an easy solution to have Arthur (Trinity) kill nasal/whiny Rita (wanted her dead, too, but was a little sad by the way she was "offed"). I think the writers will come up with some completely different plot twist next season. They hadn't decided to have Rita killed until the last episodes of Season 4 (maybe they read all those posts about how annoying Rita really is???) and even the actress who played Rita didn't know she was going to be killed.

And, yes, Season 3 was boring and awful but Season 4 was probably as good as Season 1.

Also, I can't wait for Deb to find out the truth about Dexter. She knows it in the books, though. So maybe the writers will follow the books in that area.

Chris.

We love "Dexter" too! Shocking ending! But I think it was Trinity who killed her...remember when Dexter had him on the table, he (Trinity) said "It's already over" and something about Dexter "accepting God's will" or something to that effect. Trinity actually won even though Dexter killed him! I just read that John Lithgow and Michael C. Hall (Dexter) are both nominated for Golden Globes.

The interviews with Lithgow said that he was the one that killed Rita, so it was difinitely Trinity. If you go back and watch the kill scene, he's kind of telling Dexter that he can't have it all, and he's been one-upped, even though he knows he's about to die. He's at peace with it.

I'm so happy they killed of Rita. I really hated her character. The way they did it really did give the heart strings a tug, but overall, I'm pleased. I think this will open a lot of doors that were closed for Dexter this season.

And if anyone has read the books...the sequels set up Aster and Cody to start following in Dexter's footsteps, where he starts to share his code with them. Not sure if the show will take that direction, but it seems to make sense, particularly with Harrison sitting in Rita's blood, etc...

I'm so excited to see where they head with next season! There's really nothing that they CAN'T do at this point!!!

I've watched seasons 1 and 2 on DVD (and was hoping season 3 would be available for instant watch at Netflix, but wasn't last time I checked). I plant to catch up with the rest at some point.

I'm so happy they killed of Rita. I really hated her character. The way they did it really did give the heart strings a tug, but overall, I'm pleased. I think this will open a lot of doors that were closed for Dexter this season.!!

I'm glad the killed her off too. She was very manipulative. She played the wide-eyed Polly Purebred perfectly.

Also, I can't wait for Deb to find out the truth about Dexter. She knows it in the books, though. So maybe the writers will follow the books in that area.

Chris.

I love Deb, but girlie is about as subtle as a freight train isn't she? She thinks her brother has no clue that he is related to the Ice Truck Killer or about Harry's relationship with his mother...both situations could be very traumatic for Dexter, and she just drop kicks the info right in his lap the very next time she sees him.:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.